Thread: Blight Delta 159

Default Re: Blight Delta 159

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    ...The way of the Stoner...
    <Snickers to himself...>
    Last edited by Shar; February 1st, 2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Misquote

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    slate is on the peninsula, not an island... might clarify why those don't count too. perhaps of granite or harder substances?
    Slate Golems are on the list of valid monsters for that quest. I just checked it, they are definitely there.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Have to say, I don't really approve of removing from and moving NPCs from the cities and to bristugo/NT. In my opinion, players should be encouraged to move about Instaria, not just go to the couple of central hubs...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Have to say, I don't really approve of removing from and moving NPCs from the cities and to bristugo/NT. In my opinion, players should be encouraged to move about Instaria, not just go to the couple of central hubs...
    I agree with your reasoning, but in practical senses people just don't go anywhere else. I was a pretty regular visitor to Dalimond and Chichonis over the last three months while levelling my STMD, and I made a habit to check the connies there. They all experienced little to no usage. Might be due to the lack of players in that range perhaps, but regardless, no point going to an empty shop!

By removing the connies from those locations, it does in some respect force people to use the remaining Empire-provided ones, or player-built ones. Perhaps with more players joining this may change in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    I agree with your reasoning, but in practical senses people just don't go anywhere else. I was a pretty regular visitor to Dalimond and Chichonis over the last three months while levelling my STMD, and I made a habit to check the connies there. They all experienced little to no usage. Might be due to the lack of players in that range perhaps, but regardless, no point going to an empty shop!

By removing the connies from those locations, it does in some respect force people to use the remaining Empire-provided ones, or player-built ones. Perhaps with more players joining this may change in the future?
    There really is not much reason to have lots and lots of places to sell stuff. Just look at some of the bigger games out there and you will see that they all employ limited numbers of consigners (auction houses). By reducing the number of places to sell, you actually increase the chances for players to sell the things they craft and loot.

If you want them elsewhere, you can make a player consigner.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Encouraging players to move about and explore the landscape can be done much better via other means than empty consignors....

Require attunement to all teleporter pads..

Quests which send the player to different, interesting and scary (for their level) locations, even if it's just to scout the area. I recall doing Chardonnay's quest (to find her) as a lvl 20's hatchie, and it was a long walk across several dangerous areas (Feledan was all blighted then). It was alot of fun! I even did it a second time taking some other hatchies along. Of course back then there were level 25 something bone marrows around her, that area itself wasn't too bad. But getting there (ran from Aug landing pad) crossed some dangerous fields. (There wasn't even an ingame map!)

Point I was trying to make is that exploring the landscape can be done with quests. We don't need imperial consignors all over the place (unless they were somehow all linked to Show the same items for sale, they all had same inventory essentially. Then it might be nice.)

I agree with Guaran the best way to encourage exploration is thru things like quest.
    Really in the time I've been here I've almost never seen any of the connies being removed used, save for Kion's and even that one wasnt very well stocked. Most of the time these connies were used to transfer money/items between characters on the same account.

Here's hoping that the T2 revamp (which has been pushed back almost as long as confectioner changes were now) will do exactly what you suggest, Guaran.

Drev

devs shouldnt spend their time removing/moving things.
    waste of resources.
    the removal of dcom made me stop playing even

You stopped playing because Dim Crystal of Might wasn't included in this year's Winter Festival presents?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Thread Information