Thread: Nadia

Default Nadia

Last night on Blight I hiked over to Nadia to get a few components and noticed that she has a much smaller inventory now. I realize that she will be pulled off of Order and Chaos, but I thought she was going to be staying on Blight. Is this reduced inventory intended? The components in question are for the Statistic: Speed II tech. Blue Necrofly Wings and Lesser Mummy Embalming Dust I believe. Neither she had for sale.

Default Re: Nadia

I'm sorry, that's my fault. I neglected to put on the patch notes that T1 and T2 tech components were removed from Nadia after having been audited. T1 and T2 tech comps now drop consistently, and what a technique says is needed really is needed, as well as descriptions having been updated of the components themselves. I'll make sure that is added to the delta 159 notes for when all this goes live.

It is not possible to have a different version of Nadia on Blight than exists on Order/Chaos. When and if Nadia is ever completely removed from the world on Order and Chaos, then we can move her back on Blight if that is needed. However, keep in mind that to be a valid test server for game balance, Blight needs to be as close to like Order and Chaos as possible.

Ahhh, thank you Velea. I had thought something had happened or some switch had mistakingly been turned. I guess I had better start hunting down those components.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

It is not possible to have a different version of Nadia on Blight than exists on Order/Chaos. When and if Nadia is ever completely removed from the world on Order and Chaos, then we can move her back on Blight if that is needed. However, keep in mind that to be a valid test server for game balance, Blight needs to be as close to like Order and Chaos as possible.
    Then why has it been said that Blight was an entirely different matter ?

EDIT :

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Live shards. Blight shard is a different beast entirely
    Last edited by Zexoin; February 1st, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

That's correct, Zexoin. It is a different beast, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be as close to the same as live shards as possible.

The "different beast" means that experience is gained faster, and items purchased from NPC's cost half price, to make up for the lower population.

Nadia is being slowly altered, and perhaps eventually removed, to increase player to player sales and cooperation. (At least in part.) That should be happening on all servers, not just Order and Chaos.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

already said what i have to say about this so i will say this only:
    please please PLEAS do not get totally rid of nadia, please!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'm with Velveeta. Blight needs Nadia. Sometimes there will be seven names listed in player search, but 4 will be alts (dual boxing/concurrent logins, so actually the same player) and 2 more are afk. Not having Nadia on blight would be a hardship on those players who need a comp they cannot otherwise get.

I'm not commenting either way on if she's needed or not on Blight, so please don't interrupt this as such...

We are working to make it so that there aren't "comps that you can't get" any longer. That's much of the purpose behind revamping loot tables, fixing problem spawn regions, etc.

This may or may not be useful, but how many players are there on Blight? And how many Guilds? Perhaps a solution would be to create a single Blight guild and get everyone to join. There could then be come communal libraries/guild halls where people could dump components gathered on their wanderings... might get over the small numbers issue

I'm not on much (apart from testing new content) so it's up to the regular Blighties to decide if that would be a good idea.

With Royal approval of course...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

well that's pretty much how things work already.....its not that someone wouldn't be able to get the resources by hunting or by asking for help to get them....
    the problem comes from quick builds that need resources at the moment......if there is no one on with the resources or the ability to get them, the desired build may not be made or made too late.

i would like nadia to stay around. she makes up for our relatively low population and heavy emphasis on crafting. not having nadia around will, in my opinion, make testing even harder, specially new tools, weapons, and armour that may come about in future.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information