Thread: Skill points & Multi-classing

Question Skill points & Multi-classing

So I'm a little confused about skill points. I know that I get a certain number of skill points per level, and that the exact number and type of said point depends on which Adventure/Craft level was raised.

However, I don't always seem to gain as many skill points as I think I should, which leaves me a little confused, but I think I have it figured out. The game looks at how much each class adds to a skill, figures out which one's highest, and just uses then. It does that for each skill. Am I right, or am I still confused?

How about an example? Info pulled from istaria.wikia.com, in case my numbers look off.

Assume a Bi-Ped with Adventure levels of 10 Cleric, 11 Druid, and 12 Mage.

Clerics gain 9 1hCrush skill/level, but 0 2hCrush/level (among other skills). Druids gain 8 1hCrush/level and 7 2hCrush/level. Mages gain 0 1hCrush/level, and 6 2hCrush/level.

So, the Cleric levels give him 90 1h Crush. The Druid levels give 88 1h Crush and 77 2h Crush, while The Mage levels give 72 2h Crush. Overall, the character would have 90 1h Crush and 77 2h Crush, from the Cleric and Druid levels. The Mage levels don't give enough skill to beat either of them, and are ignored (though, he'd still benefit from the Flame/Ice/etc...)

Does this look right, or is there another twist I'm not aware of? Trying to figure out how the system works so I can plan my characters leveling a little better.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Skill points & Multi-classing

heehee sorry, wuu, can't help ya - i am a brawler, not a thinker....
    but plenty of peeps around here will soon let you know how it all works!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

That is correct. You secound class has to pass the skill you gain from the first class before you will gain skill in a skill in your secound class. It works just like to posted.

Chasing has a great forum post with attachment for more information as well.

Thread Information