Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragons seeking Dragons

Hybrid View

Talking Dragons seeking Dragons

((Alright, so I'm at work right now, and I'm bored to tears. So, without further adu, I give your Avalina's Dating Service and Adoption Agency.))

I for one have found it increasingly difficult to find a mate or even a family. I am a dragon of fifty two seasons, though I've been around much longer than my status would lead one to believe, and I have yet to learn how one goes about attracting a mate, or even a potential family. Perhaps this is due to my social ackwardness, or maybe I am just undesireable all together, but I would think I am not the only one who has trouble meeting others. Now I'm sticking my neck out here, after all I am admitting I am a bit lonely, but I thought perhaps we I, and others like me, were to speak up and get our names out there that perhaps others might notice and summon the courage to do something about it.

So here I propose to you an aid in finding a mate or a potential family. I ask that any dragons who are interested in participating record their name and a little about themselves here. This way others can take a stab at it, and who knows, you might just find someone to your liking.

((Also this might be a good way for Mated couples who are interested in having a child, not adopting to list their need to find someone to play their offspring.))

Anyhow, I suppose it'll be up to me to go first.

Glit'Sita, I am the dragoness Avalina. I have been in Istaria ever since I was a hatchling, my background prior to my arrival has been lost and forgotten with time. I have no family, and a few that I would call friends, and in effect, I lack a mate. I am the leader of the guild Guardian Flight, we are small but our ranks grow slowly with time. I own my own lair in Parasina, and a few good friends and I are constantly working on it. I chose the path of Lunus not because I harbor hatred for the Naka, rather I enjoy my strength instead of tossing spells around. Crafting isn't exactly my idea of fun, though I have found I enjoy lairshaping quite a bit, I really enjoy the thrill of a good hunt. I enjoy helping others when ever I can, though I usually sit in the shadows unheard while in the community lair. I suppose I just need to find that someone who can get me out of my shell and help me shine.

Default Re: Dragons seeking Dragons

<.< >.> Mind reader....

'Sita Im Lantua, Im Istaria born and raised. Tho I have many friends I've no family or mate, and thus am seeking both. Im easy going and playful. I currently have no lair having given my old one up to better focus on gaining skill as a warrior. I enjoy good hunts, exploring and long flights to nowhere. I look forward to meeting you.

*coughs* forgot to note that I am a male dragon....

(OOC note: Ahahahah, first thought I had at looking at the title was "Dragon's personals profile?" Sorry, I've got nothing to actually add... Maybe later. >.> )

(( lol How right you were! =P))

GLEETYSEET!

Euugh, a mate and family? Being ninety seasons and originally arriving here from an entirely different realm, I've no chance of that. Particularly since half o' this "Order" place doesn't approve of my existence. I don't bite- honest! So much for order, ey? *perks up, suddenly distracted* Oh! Ohoho! I like hatchieees... I don't mind adopting young adults and hatchieeeees. And I'm not the most mature of dragons- becoming a stuffy ancient is the last thing I'd want to be! I almost had a mate, but was too scared to ask. Then she vanished. *sadly shakes his head*

...Nevermind! Although...

I'd like a friend.
    I get lonely.

I like hugs.
    Huuuugs!

And... And...

Adventuuures!
    There's nothing quite like playing "hide and seek" in the deadlands!

Annnnd...

*the list continues, with Sigvard rambling about his silly likes to a rather bored looking tree*

((IC MADNESS, couldn't resist! Grinding mobs for the dragon quests in silence is horribly boring! ))
    Last edited by Sigvard; February 6th, 2009 at 01:01 AM.

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Glit'sita. Although my name seems to imply otherwise, I am an adult blue dragoness ((ooc: In a backstory I was writing, then stopped as the computer hard disk crashed and burned, taking it with it, the original name was Runeosun and later morphed to its current state)). At the present time I sleep a bit ((ooc: I have a busy life trying to keep up with the costs of things, but hope to be around more often ) but soon shall attempt to work out the issue I have with keeping my energy levels up. Such is a price for being a stone construct barely keeping within the laws of the world magic to live, but that is not important.

I am a long-time member of the scions since time as a hatchling, and perhaps a little bit of an introvert in dragon society, not having many close friends and certainly no family here. I do have one I call my Avatar, a naka-duskael of another plane (Its like what istaria would be if blight defeated us, so work hard to protect our borders) as they now fight the rest of the ignorant population there to stand up and do something on my behalf and their own choice. I guess it is strange to say spending time in a hopeless land of poison changes one's view... While I am formally a dragon of Lunus, I have shifted to more neutral ground between the Lunus and Helian mindset.

I enjoy the lairshaping arts but prefer combat moreso, as a very strong warrior... sometimes I feel bad for whatever happens to be on the recieving end of a flurry of talons and fangs while I am in full strength scales. I have guided a few hatchlings but they always seemed to vanish, perhaps I keep guiding hatchling mirages... ((players who play then vanish ) In the past I had a mate, but he vanished too and I decided it was time to continue forward.

Those interested in this may stop by my lair in Lerena and leave me a note or say hello if I happen to be home. ((Send message here or say hello to me if I happen to be on))

Quote Originally Posted by Avalina View Post
    ((Also this might be a good way for Mated couples who are interested in having a child, not adopting to list their need to find someone to play their offspring.))
    ( Good idea. )
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    ( Good idea. )
    ((Thanks! =D))

(Ahahahahah, Sigvard, that's awesome. Now I feel sorry for poor Banana Dragon. XD *still attempting to write hers*)

(*Because I can't edit...* Alrighty, here's mine. I think I can have a little fun with this.)

*The scroll is pinned up on the wall, and seems to be written in a flowing script, likely by a naka*

Dear wyrms,

I seek a male wyrm to keep my female wyrm... employer... Kandrin, aka Iron Wyrm, aka Beetle-Breath off my back. I tire of being belittled, and after she rigged her stonecutter to explode on me I've decided she has too much time on her hands. That, and she needs to lighten up. Perhaps getting a mate will do the trick.

She likes to hunt, though she doesn't like the blight.
    *there seems to be a bit of writing here that's been scribbled out, likely last minute* She's got her quirks, I suppose, but then again a lot of you do, so I'm sure even she's compatible with SOMETHING out there. I suppose the male should be rather resilient and patient, because let me tell you, you'll need it. I don't care what you look like, or how many horns you have, or what thing you're related to, just get her out of my hair.

The wyrm is a big brute with a lot of muscle bulk, and silver, with a mouth full of teeth and a head full of rocks. Please reply.

Sincerely,
    Zephyrin the fiend

((Great idea Avalina! Sorry that I have nothing to add since Atlanna's been adopted and she will never take a mate Perhaps, however, this can lead to a once a week/month get together for the dragons. Little meet and greet?))
    Last edited by A'Sasha; February 6th, 2009 at 03:54 AM.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by A'Sasha View Post
    ((Great idea Avalina! Sorry that I have nothing to add since Atlanna's been adopted and she will never take a mate Perhaps, however, this can lead to a once a week/month get together for the dragons. Little meet and greet?))

((Thanks! And that sounds like a great idea to me! Maybe we could make a chat channel for it too, that way we don't have to stop what we're doing to make a meeting. We could just use the chat channel to talk and meet, and then have spare of the moment meetings if people want to actually talk in person. And lol Kandrin! That ad is classic!))

((Ok, I made the channel, I called it Dragon Meet. Hope everyone thinks that sounds alright. :3))

((omg Atlanna who are your A'meo and A'mea?? And is it alright if dragons not looking for a mate, but for more friends and Honorary Nieces and nephews hang out in the channel to?? I always love good RP!))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    ((omg Atlanna who are your A'meo and A'mea?? And is it alright if dragons not looking for a mate, but for more friends and Honorary Nieces and nephews hang out in the channel to?? I always love good RP!))
    Yavaflava and Tamararamehamehacan...ba ba dooo!

Yeah I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the channel, Avalina. I just want to make double sure so that it's not confused with regular Dragon chat.

Is the channel for those looking to meet others or is the channel for those wanting to plan the meeting?
    Last edited by A'Sasha; February 6th, 2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Repeated myself like a noob.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

wow i am glad we saris just pounce on peeps we like - seems to save a lot of time and heartache!!
    a quick wrassle and its all worked out!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

( Thought I'd add a little bit to the thread \o/ )

A large piece or parchment is badly nailed to the message board, obnoxiously in the very center of it and covering up quite a few other notes. Deep paw- and claw marks in the ground nearby indicate the passing of a behemoth of a dragon.

Scrawled letters in the center topmost part of the parchment reads, with angry, firmly written letters,

"Ok. I found this thing here when I was wandering and training, and thought I'd share my glorious expertise in the area. I read some of the bits of paper and it seems that, despite everything we of the more refined sex possess, some are still having trouble. This irritates me. By Drulkar and all the hot air that comes out of his-" part of the message is hastily crossed out, well enough that it's not quite clear what was said. There are a couple inches of space between the topmost paragraph and the next one.

"Anyway. Here's how it goes. First, you grab the one you want by the earfin...or horn...or whatever it is they have on their head that is attached. Never, ever go for the neck because if you're reading this, you probably can't manage to get a secure grip there anyway. Moving on. Grab the tail if you have to, but make sure you have a good grip. Next, twist it really hard and flip them over - if you did it right, you should've gotten a pawhold that allows you to do this easily."

A note off to the side muses, 'Who knew earfins and the like were so sensitive? Like horses' reins, except no assembly required'

"Once you've got them on their back, punch or kick them as hard as you can in the-" yet another part of the message is crossed out, though not good enough that you can't see what is under it. It seems the writer, whoever they are, is rather straightforward in her methods of putting a drake out of commission as quickly as possible with as little effort as possible.

"Nevermind that. Aim for the belly. Casters, I suggest an Improved Prime Bolt with a romp tech. If done right, you have now made a friend! Use the gift of the time given by these tactics to introduce yourself and make it known you're seeking whatever it is you're looking for. You can tell one is a keeper by the way they get up and introduce themselves after catching their breath.

Do note: ones that squeal and roll away are bad choices. Even if your aim is really bad and you hit a little too low, still a bad choice."

The note is signed,

"Disrespectfully not yours and willing to strangle anything that tries to dispute that claim,
    Kelissru"

*reads note....grows even whiter than he naturally is....launches into the air and flies directly to the lair of Vladtmordt to discuss the making of a new scale, to fit below the Chest scale....preferably with maximum Armor techs*
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

The large red male lumbers into a town. "Hmm, what's this?" He murmured in a rough, Scottish accent, as he read Sxar's note "someone to travel with? Hmm, I can help with that,yes" the drake pulls out a feather,dips it in ink and writes in the hatchlings paper in tight writing:
    Yes I will help you on your travels, aorban, and I shall be your mentor should you choose
    Yours truly:
    Magradon Strey Bloodthirsty

Thread Information