Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons seeking Dragons

Talking Dragons seeking Dragons

((Alright, so I'm at work right now, and I'm bored to tears. So, without further adu, I give your Avalina's Dating Service and Adoption Agency.))

I for one have found it increasingly difficult to find a mate or even a family. I am a dragon of fifty two seasons, though I've been around much longer than my status would lead one to believe, and I have yet to learn how one goes about attracting a mate, or even a potential family. Perhaps this is due to my social ackwardness, or maybe I am just undesireable all together, but I would think I am not the only one who has trouble meeting others. Now I'm sticking my neck out here, after all I am admitting I am a bit lonely, but I thought perhaps we I, and others like me, were to speak up and get our names out there that perhaps others might notice and summon the courage to do something about it.

So here I propose to you an aid in finding a mate or a potential family. I ask that any dragons who are interested in participating record their name and a little about themselves here. This way others can take a stab at it, and who knows, you might just find someone to your liking.

((Also this might be a good way for Mated couples who are interested in having a child, not adopting to list their need to find someone to play their offspring.))

Anyhow, I suppose it'll be up to me to go first.

Glit'Sita, I am the dragoness Avalina. I have been in Istaria ever since I was a hatchling, my background prior to my arrival has been lost and forgotten with time. I have no family, and a few that I would call friends, and in effect, I lack a mate. I am the leader of the guild Guardian Flight, we are small but our ranks grow slowly with time. I own my own lair in Parasina, and a few good friends and I are constantly working on it. I chose the path of Lunus not because I harbor hatred for the Naka, rather I enjoy my strength instead of tossing spells around. Crafting isn't exactly my idea of fun, though I have found I enjoy lairshaping quite a bit, I really enjoy the thrill of a good hunt. I enjoy helping others when ever I can, though I usually sit in the shadows unheard while in the community lair. I suppose I just need to find that someone who can get me out of my shell and help me shine.

Default Re: Dragons seeking Dragons

<.< >.> Mind reader....

'Sita Im Lantua, Im Istaria born and raised. Tho I have many friends I've no family or mate, and thus am seeking both. Im easy going and playful. I currently have no lair having given my old one up to better focus on gaining skill as a warrior. I enjoy good hunts, exploring and long flights to nowhere. I look forward to meeting you.

*coughs* forgot to note that I am a male dragon....

(OOC note: Ahahahah, first thought I had at looking at the title was "Dragon's personals profile?" Sorry, I've got nothing to actually add... Maybe later. >.> )

(( lol How right you were! =P))

GLEETYSEET!

Euugh, a mate and family? Being ninety seasons and originally arriving here from an entirely different realm, I've no chance of that. Particularly since half o' this "Order" place doesn't approve of my existence. I don't bite- honest! So much for order, ey? *perks up, suddenly distracted* Oh! Ohoho! I like hatchieees... I don't mind adopting young adults and hatchieeeees. And I'm not the most mature of dragons- becoming a stuffy ancient is the last thing I'd want to be! I almost had a mate, but was too scared to ask. Then she vanished. *sadly shakes his head*

...Nevermind! Although...

I'd like a friend.
    I get lonely.

I like hugs.
    Huuuugs!

And... And...

Adventuuures!
    There's nothing quite like playing "hide and seek" in the deadlands!

Annnnd...

*the list continues, with Sigvard rambling about his silly likes to a rather bored looking tree*

((IC MADNESS, couldn't resist! Grinding mobs for the dragon quests in silence is horribly boring! ))
    Last edited by Sigvard; February 6th, 2009 at 01:01 AM.

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Glit'sita. Although my name seems to imply otherwise, I am an adult blue dragoness ((ooc: In a backstory I was writing, then stopped as the computer hard disk crashed and burned, taking it with it, the original name was Runeosun and later morphed to its current state)). At the present time I sleep a bit ((ooc: I have a busy life trying to keep up with the costs of things, but hope to be around more often ) but soon shall attempt to work out the issue I have with keeping my energy levels up. Such is a price for being a stone construct barely keeping within the laws of the world magic to live, but that is not important.

I am a long-time member of the scions since time as a hatchling, and perhaps a little bit of an introvert in dragon society, not having many close friends and certainly no family here. I do have one I call my Avatar, a naka-duskael of another plane (Its like what istaria would be if blight defeated us, so work hard to protect our borders) as they now fight the rest of the ignorant population there to stand up and do something on my behalf and their own choice. I guess it is strange to say spending time in a hopeless land of poison changes one's view... While I am formally a dragon of Lunus, I have shifted to more neutral ground between the Lunus and Helian mindset.

I enjoy the lairshaping arts but prefer combat moreso, as a very strong warrior... sometimes I feel bad for whatever happens to be on the recieving end of a flurry of talons and fangs while I am in full strength scales. I have guided a few hatchlings but they always seemed to vanish, perhaps I keep guiding hatchling mirages... ((players who play then vanish ) In the past I had a mate, but he vanished too and I decided it was time to continue forward.

Those interested in this may stop by my lair in Lerena and leave me a note or say hello if I happen to be home. ((Send message here or say hello to me if I happen to be on))

Quote Originally Posted by Avalina View Post
    ((Also this might be a good way for Mated couples who are interested in having a child, not adopting to list their need to find someone to play their offspring.))
    ( Good idea. )
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    ( Good idea. )
    ((Thanks! =D))

(Ahahahahah, Sigvard, that's awesome. Now I feel sorry for poor Banana Dragon. XD *still attempting to write hers*)

(*Because I can't edit...* Alrighty, here's mine. I think I can have a little fun with this.)

*The scroll is pinned up on the wall, and seems to be written in a flowing script, likely by a naka*

Dear wyrms,

I seek a male wyrm to keep my female wyrm... employer... Kandrin, aka Iron Wyrm, aka Beetle-Breath off my back. I tire of being belittled, and after she rigged her stonecutter to explode on me I've decided she has too much time on her hands. That, and she needs to lighten up. Perhaps getting a mate will do the trick.

She likes to hunt, though she doesn't like the blight.
    *there seems to be a bit of writing here that's been scribbled out, likely last minute* She's got her quirks, I suppose, but then again a lot of you do, so I'm sure even she's compatible with SOMETHING out there. I suppose the male should be rather resilient and patient, because let me tell you, you'll need it. I don't care what you look like, or how many horns you have, or what thing you're related to, just get her out of my hair.

The wyrm is a big brute with a lot of muscle bulk, and silver, with a mouth full of teeth and a head full of rocks. Please reply.

Sincerely,
    Zephyrin the fiend

((Great idea Avalina! Sorry that I have nothing to add since Atlanna's been adopted and she will never take a mate Perhaps, however, this can lead to a once a week/month get together for the dragons. Little meet and greet?))
    Last edited by A'Sasha; February 6th, 2009 at 03:54 AM.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by A'Sasha View Post
    ((Great idea Avalina! Sorry that I have nothing to add since Atlanna's been adopted and she will never take a mate Perhaps, however, this can lead to a once a week/month get together for the dragons. Little meet and greet?))

((Thanks! And that sounds like a great idea to me! Maybe we could make a chat channel for it too, that way we don't have to stop what we're doing to make a meeting. We could just use the chat channel to talk and meet, and then have spare of the moment meetings if people want to actually talk in person. And lol Kandrin! That ad is classic!))

((Ok, I made the channel, I called it Dragon Meet. Hope everyone thinks that sounds alright. :3))

((omg Atlanna who are your A'meo and A'mea?? And is it alright if dragons not looking for a mate, but for more friends and Honorary Nieces and nephews hang out in the channel to?? I always love good RP!))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    ((omg Atlanna who are your A'meo and A'mea?? And is it alright if dragons not looking for a mate, but for more friends and Honorary Nieces and nephews hang out in the channel to?? I always love good RP!))
    Yavaflava and Tamararamehamehacan...ba ba dooo!

Yeah I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the channel, Avalina. I just want to make double sure so that it's not confused with regular Dragon chat.

Is the channel for those looking to meet others or is the channel for those wanting to plan the meeting?
    Last edited by A'Sasha; February 6th, 2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Repeated myself like a noob.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

((Yea, this doesn't have to be just for mates and stuff. I'd love to make new friends and stuff too. And the channel is for all of us who are interested to talk and hang out without the other chatter that occurs in the Dragon Chat. I don't know about y'all, but I tend to tune Dragon Chat out when people are talking about things that don't interest me. So I really just made it for dragons who are looking for mate, family, or friends to be there and be seen and chat. And if people want to set up a meeting place, well that's just an added bonus.))

this is a great idea! i am on the choas shard with my main dragon Agua and she is happily mated but i have created a little hatchling on order that i log in on from time to time and some time ill pry right a letter from her looking for a family i am very new to the order shard so just been exploring a bit but if u see little Aquia on there send me a tell her story i wrote is in the order/role play forum some where if u want to know more about her

Greetings, all! (To use the common tongue)

I am Heartshadow, and if I ever wake up, I'd like to be your friend!
    Having some trouble though, will come back later with dragon-strength coffee...

Also, I'm apparently without a mate now, which I suppose it to be expected after going to sleep almost indefinitely. Still, those things don't matter so much, I guess.

Zzzzzzz...
    Last edited by SinOfSuns; February 16th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

((Oh, so I take it this thread is still going? :P Cool, I was waiting for someone else to post. Okay, here I go! *goes IC* ))

Hello, and glit'sita and such. *smiles shyly*

My name is... Galdethriel Anulde Barafrit... everyone just calls me Galde or Gald though, or in one person's case, just Gal... Uhm... *twiddles her fingers(toes?)* ....I look like.... this... *spreads wings to show grey scales with blue markings*... I guess...

I would be interested in finding a mate or adopting a hatchling! Uhm... I would do my best, anyway, but I'm not really that good at making scales--yet, that is, it's a work in progress--because I'm only season 80 or so in craft, well, right now, but as I said it's a work in progress and... sorry, I'm rambling! *D:*

I like fish, flying and playing in the snow... I practise magic, too, and I like just about everyone! Well, fiends tend to annoy me, but other than that, yep, everyone!

Ah... I'll just leave now. *laughs nervously and shuffles away*

(( ~Galde ))

Thread Information