Thread: Fix placement of overhead quest bubbles, Name plaques, and spell effects.

Default Fix placement of overhead quest bubbles, Name plaques, and spell effects.

Seriously, it's hard to see quest bubbles on dragons, it's practically hovering around their necks.
    Similarly the name plaques on creatures like treeants are in their leaves and hard to see.
    Similarly spell effects like spellbind are extreemly hard to see on some creatures because it's inside their head or chest instead of over their head.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Fix placement of overhead quest bubbles, Name plaques, and spell effects.

Dragons could also do with dragon-sized spell effects I think. It's been said before, but it would really make a difference to me. Dragon casting is so dull because you can't even see the effects, they're so tiny. :c

Biped spell effects are really nice, but that's because you can actually see them XD

~Galde

Default Re: Fix placement of overhead quest bubbles, Name plaques, and spell effects.

I asked for larger spell effects last time when they increase/played with spell effects and they said they could not make them larger. Or maybe it was scale to mob size? I know it had something due to size they could not do.

Then maybe have some of their artsies make new ones?

~Galde

He has tossed around some ideas and questions to us Heralds about color schemes and such, but it is a low priority issue as we have them. So some year yes we will see them I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Then maybe have some of their artsies make new ones?

~Galde
    This issue is way complicated and quest bubbles/name plaques and spell effects are totally separate from one another in terms of tech/art.

Spell Effects.
    - For ones you cast, sure, we just need to find some artist time.... I think we might have a little sometime in 2010 at the moment.
    - For the ones cast on you, the effect system has no way of applying one type of effect on bipeds and another on dragons. So creating new effects would do no good.

Quest Bubbles
    - This is actually a particle effect that is attached to a bone. Moving it or renaming it would have to be done very very carefully. Something we might look at way down the line when we have the time.

Name Plaques
    - The offset distance can be altered in the entity file on a race-by-race basis. I encourage players to experiment and find a good setting and then we would be happy to consider including it in the official files.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    - For the ones cast on you, the effect system has no way of applying one type of effect on bipeds and another on dragons. So creating new effects would do no good.
    Don't you have any sort of source code to modify and change this?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Name Plaques
    - The offset distance can be altered in the entity file on a race-by-race basis. I encourage players to experiment and find a good setting and then we would be happy to consider including it in the official files.
    I don't think there are any issues with Player Plaques, just monsters. Is that adjustable with the same file?

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Don't you have any sort of source code to modify and change this?
    Uh, yea. But there are other more pressing issues. This is afterall rather minor.

I don't think there are any issues with Player Plaques, just monsters. Is that adjustable with the same file?
    There are ent files for the monsters, yes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon. }:=8)

* snuffles curiously*

Thread Information