View Poll Results: I spend most of my time in horizons....

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crafting.

32 38.55%
  • Crafting, but I would hunt more if I could find people to hunt with me.

17 20.48%
  • Hunting.

34 40.96%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunters vs crafters

Default Re: Hunters vs crafters

You know speaking of dev herding raids... I never was impressed wtih ubber power raids that could as Literath said "four shot" an ancient 100. What I do like is unrelenting spawning of more defeatable mobs in a consentrated area.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Bring it!

I've never been in one.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    You know speaking of dev herding raids... I never was impressed wtih ubber power raids that could as Literath said "four shot" an ancient 100. What I do like is unrelenting spawning of more defeatable mobs in a consentrated area.
    I like the 4 shooters if a good group can be had to deal with them, but normally a good group that works well together can not form in the time that the Dev mob is around. Maybe if it was a more regular event and people could practice on this guys to learn to work together it might be better. Or there were other NPC that were around that groups could practice with and then be ready for a Dev mob of such power.

agreed, Deth, those powerful critters embedded with those that aren't so powerful is quite fun...

How many of you in this thread were at the raid on Dryart, on Order at least? We needed at least two full groups and then some to stop the raid. All in all, it was pretty fun, had 6-12 DPs in the end, but everyone present had quite a bit of fun ^^
    Not to mention that there was some interesting RP afterwards. ^^

but in the end, it brought myself, along with quite a few others out of crafting to team up to do it, which again, goes hand in hand with the, 'crafting-unless-there-is-a-group' bit that I seem to do

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

All of this sounds terribly exciting. I just wish that I was actually at a level where this stuff was even possibly for me to join in on

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    All of this sounds terribly exciting. I just wish that I was actually at a level where this stuff was even possibly for me to join in on
    And here is another problem. Lower levels feel left out. If lower level attacks occur, then the higher level people wipe them out before the lower level people can barely take action.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Hears an idea
    Provide a buff for the lower level alone can cast on them self to damage to the raid bosses they Have level limits on higher end items so why not do the reverse

you can only cast this buff if your level 1-20 etc
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Personally, I would separate the attacks into separate waves. Have a higher level wave that the high levels could deal with, and separate waves that the lower levels could deal with. That way, unless the higher-ups were greedy, there'd be kills for everyone.

As far as I remember. there were mobs of low level too, dependig on which city has been attacked.
    Dralk and Kion were high level- but Dali and others low level.
    I`m talking about the x-mas treants attacs.
    Hmm- someone might have a better memory than me..

Anyway- everybody came to save our cities- no matter which season
    (Unity shard, some years ago)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

To be honest... The option I would have prefered to choose was not available.
    For this reason I choose to spend most of my time "Crafting".
    The option that I would prefer to choose is "Crafting, with the occasional long term hunting break"

The stuff that I do ingame is.
    Crafting: 60-70%
    Lairshaping.
    Scalecrafting.

Hunting: 30-40%
    Component /cash / hoard hunting.
    Partial ARoP hunting/questing.
    Assisting with RoP if needed.

The option Crafting with lack of groupmembers does not work for me since I prefere to solo all stuff.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I am a hunter. I have only crafted to get things for my hunter( I really should finish fitter). Since I have been back I have only grouped 1 time. I miss the groups that use to go on like Valkor the Sog and my favorite is when the tier 5 forms started to drop those were fun.Remember those that should be a topic remembering your favorite hunting parties.
    100 lv Palidin/Spiritist/Druid/Healer/Mage/Wizard/Conjurer and 1 day Monk

Ie u'd find me at ice ilands somes times but latyly i'v been betten by the laircrafting bug but yes u whold hunt more than craft but than agin i'd craft .more than hunt . but that hrad to say when u got lair wrok on the brain. i love One on Many batteling . and the good felling on Opeing up a new room in me Home . heh i know i kina ran bother ways here but hunting is a good strees relever and crafting can help to kina get your mind off of some things .
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I'm personally more of a hunter type. But crafting at small periods at a time is fun too.

It's just sad how your crafting skills seem too often to reflect on how other payers look upon you. For example, me and my friend went to hunt on AI with our hatchies once.. an ancient came to visit there for some comps. He didn't really mind about us first, maybe healed us a few times and told us to be careful. Until he seemed to look at the player search and see that our craft level was quite above from our adventure level.. he seemed to get more respect on us and even wished happy hunting after that.

I know, this game is quite crafting-oriented, and a high craft level is always a good thing, eh? But really, I can't blame those who would rather hunt, too. They deserve to be respected just as much, even if they had the most minimal possible crafting lvl in the whole community.

but to tell you the truth, I used to HATE crafting.. now I'm kind of loving it. Even lairshaping feels very rewarding, although it takes a huge amount of work.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

i hate crafting a lot. bores me to sleep most of the time.

Well there is room for both, and not one against the other, they like in real life are differnt trades and different interests but both are important part of the world of Istaria, and create a balance, in the world here and it is good. Many people doing different things create interests of all kinds in my opinion.
    Lillyjo. Grand Master Crafter ..Chaos

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm a builder. Tagath's a lairshaper and resource hauler. But there's more to it than that.

While some may discount the benefits of being a heavy crafter over a hunter, let me make a small point. Crafting classes boost basic stats as well. Some crafting classes are the IDEAL to raise a stat. And raised stats often mean better hitting and higher damage, either with spells or weapons.

So, while you may discount me for being only a level 34 warrior (who happens to be wearing silk cloth armor for a rating 65), I hit hard and often. The same goes for Tagath, a 54 dragon (90 crafter) who is wearing mithril scales and a Primal Vengeance scale and solos level 80 massive maple treants.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I am a hunter i hate crafting with a passion 100% of my time im hunting and refuse to even look at a dragon craft machine or the resources
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I craft becase there is nothing left for Ebon to do otherwise.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    And here is another problem. Lower levels feel left out. If lower level attacks occur, then the higher level people wipe them out before the lower level people can barely take action.
    There is a built-in remedy to this. Back before the EI/PME/NGW debacle, the good devs at Tulga did a raid on one of the training islands. Big Aegis spawn, lots of undead taking over, that sort of thing. In the process, the portal to the town was shut down to everyone OVER level 20. If you had any class over 20, the portal was unavailable.

Problem solved. It should as easily be programmed in for any tier anywhere to have a level cap on who can teleport in during a raid.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

There was another raid sometime after Vitrium took over, after the high lvl raid near Augh there was a lower level raid, somewhere else, it was requested that the higher lvls stay out. As I recall the higher levels sat at a distance and watched while the lower ones fought. This is the only game I think where such request are actualy followed.

Thread Information