Thread: Invisible Dye Kit Bug

Default Invisible Dye Kit Bug

This is on Blight. I purchased a few Armor and Scale Dye Kit: Invisible today and started putting them on some of my armor. When I went to equip the armor I was told I didn't meet the requirements. After inspecting the armor I noticed that the application of the techs also put on a race restriction. The only usable races are Saris, Sslik, Satyr, and Dryad. Kinda bummed because I am a Half-Giant. I bought ten other colors that were for sale also and none of them had the racial requirement after application. Inspecting the tech itself doesn't list any racial restrictions either. I'm hoping this is a bug.

Default Re: Invisible Dye Kit Bug

It is my understanding that only races with "patterns", i.e., sslik, dryad and furry races such as Saris (also have markings) and Satyrs can equip invisible dyed armor.

Besides, I don't know of too many ppl that want to see nekkid half giants running around. As it stands, I think they should all wear visible masks & helms to cover up as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

hey, my sheriff is a half giant, and i want to see him nekkid at all times!

(col has a better butt than sheriff carter!!)
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Actually I wasn't planning on making him run around naked, I just wanted the sleeves to be invisible. The sleeveless look is kinda cool in cargo because the cargo shirt is a short sleeve t-shirt already. Some other armor sets look awesome sleeveless also.

I could reccomend mabe it be inplemented that sertain parts of armors can be invisible for the nonpatterned races. Allready have helms and masks, why not sleeves and bracers and gloves as well?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Why not let all of it be techable? I guess I don't see the reason the 'humanoid' races can't have invisible armor.

Well, I can think of one reason, not being covered by fur against the elements or scales against the environment would force most thin skinned bipeds to wear somthing. I look at a lot of the invisible gear as actually not being worn even if it is for the purposes game combat mechanics. At least for RP.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Thread Information