Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was was Zymosis?

Default Re: Was was Zymosis?

Pretty much everything has been said that needs be said on this, but I'm always happy to give my own little twist on things.

Zymosis was a very interesting event, but again, I had it from the Dawn/Order side of things. Since it wasn't clear how the disease was created, Mae and other dragons at the time theorized that it was an mutation of the Biped Disease (then after called Duskael Morbidae), which was 'responsible' for turning dragons into bipeds before the RoP was finished. This terrible disease worked in three stages: the first, the dragon would laze about and it was initially hard to tell something was wrong; the second, the dragon would not move at all and slowly the scales would brown and fall out; and last, a newly formed biped would crack free from the shell the dragon once was, doomed to slowly forget about the life it once led as a dragon.

Mae loves to tell that story to hatchlings. ;p

Thankfully, it is believed that dragons are now immune to that disease... or so it is hoped.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

This terrible disease worked in three stages: the first, the dragon would laze about and it was initially hard to tell something was wrong; the second, the dragon would not move at all and slowly the scales would brown and fall out; and last, a newly formed biped would crack free from the shell the dragon once was, doomed to slowly forget about the life it once led as a dragon.

o.o

...... o.o

>.>

o.O;

This wasn't real was it?

~Galde

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

of course not, gald!! if it was real, all the dragons would have wanted to catch it!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

In terms of Mae RP, it was; Mae's first mate actually died to it. Official lore never supported such a thing due to its bitter origin...

It has mostly shrugged off its somewhat bitter origins, though, which is good. The story was born out of the sadly real need to explain why people who played dragons were fed up with dragons being a total wash out in the early game (hoard leak, not as strong as bipeds, no adult form, no classes, no gold rage) and decided to play bipeds instead. After adult form was completed and gold rage was added though, the numbers stabilized and dragons played bipeds for curiosity, not because dragons were broken.

When I say bitter origins, however, I mean that some dragons who never 'caught' the disease felt somewhat angry and bitter towards the dragons who came back after catching it. Those days are thankfully long behind us, so I feel more comfortable in sharing the disease story now and do so whenever Mae's got a mean streak. ;p
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

...and managed to even put Aeona on edge with that story... and /THAT'S/ something hard to do to /THAT/ hatchling...

Love the story though... gives me chills everytime... *shudder*

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Nah, if you have a quest in your book, you're free to keep it or try to complete it. My dragon has the Saris blade quest from Kendra, a Dennison Jadefellow soul frag quest, and the zymosis immunity quests in his quest book, none of which I ever plan on finishing (even if I were able to).
    I have a toon with the Saris Blade quest going, at the "Kill xx(number) Saris Zombies level 25 or higher" step. There are > level 25 Saris Zombies on ocassion on Trandalar, WD, ED wraith groups, but they don't count .

FYI anyone who has the old nerf bat quest going from Vrex, this one is completable if you get the quest to the point where it says "Kill an ancient mummy", and then do the Sslanis quest for either Militia Blade or Iron confectioner (forget which). One of those quests sends you to isle of the drowned, and an Ancient mummy spawns in the sugar cane, and upon killing him, he drops the "Broken Ancient Bat" you need to finish the Vrex quest Seems its the same mob that used to spawn south of Tazoon in the Desert ruins. Too bad they took those mobs out, that was a fun little area.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    One of the issues with the zymosis was that you could give it to NPCs. Another was that as you cured one biped another infected would come along and instantly reinfect everyone else standing around that had just been cured. After a while dragons just got tired of it and only a few bothered to stand around curing people.

WoW had the same type of event about a month after we did and it caused the same sort of stink. I don't recall the EQ2 one.

Drev
    Sounds like it would have been a good idea to give a "cured" effect that lasted 15 minutes and prevented Zymosis from transmitting again during that time.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information