Thread: Question of a Definition...

Default Question of a Definition...

Here's to you devs... or those knowledgeable...

what context of the definition of 'unresistable' is used in Horizons?

does that mean... unresistable, as in /nothing/ can prevent damage, i.e. resistance, ward, ethereal armor, regular armor, or magic evasion?

and as such, is it ethereal then?

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Question of a Definition...

I think it means it can't be resisted, ie it's an effect and not damage. So it's basically the effect version of ethereal, where it doesn't deal any damage by itself, but its effect is unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    Here's to you devs... or those knowledgeable...

what context of the definition of 'unresistable' is used in Horizons?

does that mean... unresistable, as in /nothing/ can prevent damage, i.e. resistance, ward, ethereal armor, regular armor, or magic evasion?

and as such, is it ethereal then?
    Unresistable? Unstoppable damage is types that armor and resistances cannot block. This is typically used for damage caused by damage shields.

Ethereal Damage is not unstoppable because your standard resistances can block it as well as ethereal armor.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I'm not sure, but Surtheim's 'Total Combustion' might be considered 'unresistable'.

I don't know if Monk's Foresight will help, but Spiritist's Spirit Walk does not help. The attack and damage will still hit and Spirit Walk is dispelled. However, the damage is resistable in that standard Flame Resistance will lower the damage. The attack is not completely unavoidable though, as it can be Evaded.

I've never heard the term 'unresistable' used before in Horizons, but for damage, it would be pretty much as Amon said (him being a dev and all, he should know) that the damage from damage shields is 'unstoppable'.

As for an unstoppable effect, I don't know if you can avoid (magic evasion) Daknor's area Spellbind effect.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Well I think Fafnirs "Scorch" is pretty much unresistable, if you are in range you are so dead, no matter how much resis you have.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Well I think Fafnirs "Scorch" is pretty much unresistable, if you are in range you are so dead, no matter how much resis you have.
    Not true. I don't know if Scorch is avoidable, but you can definately survive it. I've stood toe to toe with him before and not ran from his Scorch. Once was with high Health, and once with high Blight Resistance.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    I'm not sure, but Surtheim's 'Total Combustion' might be considered 'unresistable'.

I don't know if Monk's Foresight will help, but Spiritist's Spirit Walk does not help. The attack and damage will still hit and Spirit Walk is dispelled. However, the damage is resistable in that standard Flame Resistance will lower the damage. The attack is not completely unavoidable though, as it can be Evaded.

I've never heard the term 'unresistable' used before in Horizons, but for damage, it would be pretty much as Amon said (him being a dev and all, he should know) that the damage from damage shields is 'unstoppable'.

As for an unstoppable effect, I don't know if you can avoid (magic evasion) Daknor's area Spellbind effect.
    that is a bit more clear now, thank you, but then.... I also put that up when I'd been up for quite a few hours and when I saw the answer, it didn't make any sense.

But your explanation, coupled with Amon's, certainly helped clear it up ^^

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Can't you time a gold-shield just right, or is that damage not reduced by it?

He does it too often for a dragon to be able to use GS every time. Would significantly eat your hoard too, if it even manages to save you.

Best bet is to kick in sprint and run like made till it pops.

Sprint has like a 5 minute downtime though, doesn't it? Oh, and can you fly out of range as well?

You can, but have to do it extremely fast. I have troubles seeing his arms glowing before his scorch. So Faffy = a lot of DPs for me >.>

I see, what about... tail whip? Would that work? XD

Ok ok I'll stop asking questions about it now!

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Not true. I don't know if Scorch is avoidable
    I have already seen Scorch blocked by a shield. So I guess you can evade it as well, maybe parried too. But then you can say you are a lucky one.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information