Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aughundel NPCs

Default Re: Aughundel NPCs

Okay, another suggestion in this direction will need me to admit something I don't like to admit, but here it goes. Many players are lazy. Not in this game, that's for sure, but in general. I cannot honestly admit I am not.

Often when I join a new school, I never read what they have to say. Hell, I will even go so far as to admit that I haven't even read all the introductory texts by the tutorial NPCs. Shame on me, I know, but this behaviour does actually represent a good amount of players.

I know that my reflex of "clicking through quest dialogue without reading them" was trained partly by EQ2, where at least 95% of quest dialogue given by NPCs was completely redundant because the quest description in the journal perfectly summarized what the player had to do in one sentence.

I am trying to get rid of this reflex by reading as much as possible but I don't always feel like it.
    But anyway.

To make an information like the existence of the Formulatrons stick out among the basic information every trainer gives you, you could make it a clickable link - something like "Did you know there is a faster way to gain you a good amount of Lore Tokens?". Most lazy players like myself should at least catch the underlined text, and if they did some crafting quests before and knew about the work involved in gaining Lore Tokens, a simple expression like that used as a link might catch the attention of many and make them *want* to actually read on.
    It would also stick out more for those players who do read everything but just can't take in all the information at once in the beginning because they haven't gotten a feeling for how things work in Istaria yet.

Making it stick out via a link and maybe some eyecatchers like "you REALLY should check out the formulatrons in New Rachival or Dalimond! It will make everything much easier!" should reach even the majorities of lazy people like me
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

I'm actually going to make a line of quests where you must go to the formulatrons, talk to them, and use them.

Very nice... if those quests are required for most Beginner schools (like a continuation of the newbie quests on the Island new players start out at) to even be able to fully start out at their school, this sounds like a perfect solution.
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Thread Information