Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginner and Journeyman Promote Intellect formulas

Default Beginner and Journeyman Promote Intellect formulas

I have checked Dragon Crafter trainers in Chiconis and Dralk and haven't been able to find the Beginner and Journeyman versions of Promote Intellect formula. I haven't checked Scholar and Spellcrafter trainers though.

Could they be added to be on the same line than Promote Vitality?

Thank you.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Beginner and Journeyman Promote Intellect formulas

I second this. Thanks.

I think like the primal health and Gift of Velocity, unless I am mistake then let me know , they are drop only at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I think like the primal health and Gift of Velocity, unless I am mistake then let me know , they are drop only at all levels.
    Then it would make sense to make Promote Vitality drop only too. Or the melee dragons have it easy once again.

Not really that spell was now so long time ingame and aviable at the trainers. And well its a new spell, like primal health and velo, hunt it or buy it like everyone esle.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Then it would make sense to make Promote Vitality drop only too. Or the melee dragons have it easy once again.
    It is not to make life easier for Melee more of a design change of lets get away from using lore tokens for all knowledge. A move to "lets give people a reason to hunt more.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Not really that spell was now so long time ingame and aviable at the trainers. And well its a new spell, like primal health and velo, hunt it or buy it like everyone esle.
    oh, but I already am
    To tell the truth I won't even get the Jman and Beginner ones, since I'll find the expert one. It's just a matter of consistency. Got my point ?

I support the idea of making Promote Intellect available from the dragon craft trainers.

Making it drop-only was not intended to make things easier for melee-oriented dragons, but no matter what anyone says, believes, or wants, that is the effect.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I second this actually. As someone who prefers craft over adventure I find this game becoming more and more uncomfortably tailored to said adventurers. Also there's the aforementioned point of the fact that the melee dragons have had access to it through the trainers since level one... I don't really like this trend of all new dragon spells being drop only. I mean expert fine....we're used to expert, but begginer and journeyman drop only seems kinda silly to me.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Adventurer dragons usually end up having to get someone craft their claws and scales for them though (and personally I'm finding that almost impossible!)... so I don't think it's possible to be purely adventurer. Thus, why should a dragon be purely craft either? Besides, when you want to craft something, you have to hunt down the ingredients, right? Why not hunt down the new spells as well?

As for melee-oriented dragons bias, I guess I don't really know. I've never played a Helian-based dragon so I've never had to sit there casting spells instead of fighting naturally. I don't like to think one class or the other is getting penalized though, so if that is the case then I'm all for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    Adventurer dragons usually end up having to get someone craft their claws and scales for them though (and personally I'm finding that almost impossible!)... so I don't think it's possible to be purely adventurer. Thus, why should a dragon be purely craft either? Besides, when you want to craft something, you have to hunt down the ingredients, right? Why not hunt down the new spells as well?

As for melee-oriented dragons bias, I guess I don't really know. I've never played a Helian-based dragon so I've never had to sit there casting spells instead of fighting naturally. I don't like to think one class or the other is getting penalized though, so if that is the case then I'm all for a change...
    That's kinda my point though...

Crafters, if they do not want to have to hunt, already have to buy everything from adventurers not only to get the forms to make the items, but also the items themselves if they want more then basic flavour. Where as once a set of scale/claws/armour/weapons is made it can literally be passed down over and over with nothing stopping it. So, as a by product crafters do not tend to make nearly as much as they need to say....survive on crafting. Thereby forcing a crafter to adventure. I'm not saying that either class should be purely one way or the other...just that there isn't a lot of balance right now.

Also this is a pet peeve. It's spell or magic based dragon...not Helian. Helians tend to be spell casters, yes, but that doesn't mean that they always are. The ARoP even states this. The base different between factions is almost nil. Hehe, one of the strongest melee dragons I know on Chaos is Helian.

Anyway, I have no problem having to hunt for end game content. It should be hard to get as it is end game. My problem is that I still have to hunt a spell for middle to beggining game content. A spell whose equivalent is given to the dragons who choose melee since teir 1.
    Last edited by Nayuaka; February 26th, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Well, maybe things have change since I ascended over a year ago, but when I did the RoP I had to make a choice between two different static upgrades, and the Helian one was decidedly spell-based in comparison to the Lunus one. That said, I therefore distinguish between the two because of this. Just because Helians and Lunus then turn around and do whatever the heck they want doesn't mean that the game didn't intend to make them specialize in a particular style :P

Anyway, my point was that adventurers and crafters both have to rely on each other to get anywhere. I personally am stuck with level 40 scales, since I need something like level 70 in crafting before I can craft level 60 scales (?!). As such, I can't really adventure anymore without pushing myself even further beyond my own help. I think it wouldn't be such a big deal if people were helping each other out more - it's probably just that we have a small population who find it hard to help everyone else as well as themselves...

I'm just glad we finally have a spell like Promote Intellect. Same goes for all the other drop-only dragon spells. To be fair, I think it would be appropriate to put the beginner and journeyman formulae on trainers, but I'm not going to be disappointed if they don't.

Also, I'd offer to make you scales, Heart, but my fourth tier tech collection is woefully incomplete. >_>

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'm just glad we finally have a spell like Promote Intellect. Same goes for all the other drop-only dragon spells. To be fair, I think it would be appropriate to put the beginner and journeyman formulae on trainers, but I'm not going to be disappointed if they don't.

Also, I'd offer to make you scales, Heart, but my fourth tier tech collection is woefully incomplete. >_>
    As is everyone's I know, it seems. In the meantime, I'm making do with blighted scales (which aren't too bad), but I only have two so far, and blighted scales eventually die, so it's not a permanent solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'm just glad we finally have a spell like Promote Intellect.
    wowsers, i sure could use one of those... i desperately need a higher tier brain...

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    Anyway, I have no problem having to hunt for end game content. It should be hard to get as it is end game. My problem is that I still have to hunt a spell for middle to beggining game content. A spell whose equivalent is given to the dragons who choose melee since teir 1.
    Even a pure crafting new hatchy does not have to "hunt" to get a Promote Intellect spell, plenty of people can already craft it....

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Even a pure crafting new hatchy does not have to "hunt" to get a Promote Intellect spell, plenty of people can already craft it....
    That's not the point, still. The point is : Promote Vitality and Promote Intellect should be treated the same way. Either make them both drop-only or trainer-bought, but both the same.

I guess we will just have to disagree. It does not bother me that one formula is drop only and another can be brought. I like that different formulas have to be gotten different ways. it gives me the motivation to go out and hunt.

On a side note. You can have both cast on you at the same time.

Promote Vitality and Promote Intellect should be treated the same way. Either make them both drop-only or trainer-bought, but both the same.
    Interesting idea. I'd vote for all forms to be drop-only, except for a few very basic beginner ones that are quested for.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Interesting idea. I'd vote for all forms to be drop-only, except for a few very basic beginner ones that are quested for.
    I wouldn't mind that, personally But that's my point of view.

Thread Information