Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which tech comp for primal?

Default which tech comp for primal?

I tried to put primal tech on my new scale:
    It said I need vet. zombie finger.
    I tought those were replaced by vet. zombie rib.
    That did not work.
    Vet. zombie fingers are not available at Nadia`s.
    A bug?
    Any idea?
    Thy for help
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: which tech comp for primal?

What tier are you working with?

She is trying to apply Primal V on a Mithril-Marble Wing scale.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It said I need vet. zombie finger.
    I tought those were replaced by vet. zombie rib.
    No, Zombie Werewolf Skulls were replaced with Veteran Zombie Ribs.

Zombie Fingers are still available and do drop as loot.

And Adventure: Primal V is still setup to take the fingers.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

thank you for the quick answers
    how do we say here: being able to read is half the battle

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, Zombie Werewolf Skulls were replaced with Veteran Zombie Ribs.

Zombie Fingers are still available and do drop as loot.

And Adventure: Primal V is still setup to take the fingers.
    And why do the fingers list nothing and the ribs list Primal V? And the formular asks for fingers?!?!?

That is just confusing atm.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Because the description has to be manually updated and we missed it. Its not the end of the world.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Maybe zombies have really long rib like fingers?

Because the description has to be manually updated and we missed it. Its not the end of the world.
    I didn't say it is the end of the world, but just very confusing. And the very low drop rate of the fingers (a friend hunted 2 days on satyr the zombies and didn't found yet a finger) of the zombies doesn't help that either.

Nadia does sell the fingers but they do not sort in order in her listing because of a double space between the Word "Veteran" and the words "Zombie Finger". A minor confusion it seems.

Knossos

Since this seemed to be a topic about fingers, I'm going to post my commment here. I'd like to bring up the point of the drop rate of zombie fingers again.

I've been hunting the Satyr Isles for the Veteran Zombie Fingers, and out of four days of hunting, I've only managed to pick up seven fingers, as opposed to the 35 or so I've found of zombie ribs.

Is this low drop rate on purpose? I know I've found it quite a bit frustrating to be hunting there for hours just trying to get that particular component; its nice that the zombie ribs drop much better than they did before, but the fact that I have gotten five times more zombie ribs than fingers is a bit, well, ridiculous, for lack of a better word.

Is this painfully low drop rate to be addressed? It would be pleasant if the drop rate of fingers was upped to drop a bit more, perhaps as if on the level of the ribs.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    Is this low drop rate on purpose? I know I've found it quite a bit frustrating to be hunting there for hours just trying to get that particular component; its nice that the zombie ribs drop much better than they did before, but the fact that I have gotten five times more zombie ribs than fingers is a bit, well, ridiculous, for lack of a better word.

Is this painfully low drop rate to be addressed? It would be pleasant if the drop rate of fingers was upped to drop a bit more, perhaps as if on the level of the ribs.
    Yes, it is on purpose and no it won't be addressed. They are now a rare tech comp, but at present they are not used in any techniques.

ah, thank you for the quick reply...

then I'd like to reference Takora's comment then and her screenie as well as something else I noticed; when I pull up the primal technique in my knowledge tab, the comps shown for it are the abomination chest skulls and zombie ribs, but like on her screenie, the craft screen shows that fingers are used. That might be something you may wish to look into to correct.

if the finger is not meant to be used in a technique, why would it show up as being required for Primal in the craft window?

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Litarath is right, the bug was not yet fixed (at least on live), primal V still uses Veteran Zombie fingers as component. And you need the fingers if you want to craft something with Primal V still.

... but at present they are not used in any techniques.
    Unless this technique was altered sometime after Nadia's removal [which was the timeframe when I had my Primal scales made], they are used in a technique: Primal V. I needed 20 veteran zombie fingers for that set. If I hadn't gotten those components off Nadia, I probably still wouldn't have that set done or otherwise would have given up because getting 20 of those things is frankly insane.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Just throwing in another confirmation that the fingers ARE used in Primal V and acquiring them to make a basic set of spell-geared scales is incredibly frustratin and ridiculous. It took me a little over three weeks to acquire the 20 I needed and would have taken longer if I'd not gotten a good bit of help.

Same here- made some new wing scales- and needed the fingers

Yes, it is on purpose and no it won't be addressed. They are now a rare tech comp, but at present they are not used in any techniques.
    Quote from February 2009 content patch:
    Techniques "Adventure: Primal V", "Defense: Spirit Resistance V", and "Spell: Junction V" now require Veteran Zombie Fingers instead of Zombie Werewolf Skulls.

Those patch notes are incorrect. A better way of ensuring what's what in game than relying on patch notes is to look at the actual technique in game.

Primal V requires Veteran Abomination Chest Skull and Corrupted Shade Ectoplasm, for example.

I'm honestly not sure on the other two. I don't have them on my Blight character and at the moment can't check the DB to be sure.

Corrupted Shades will be introduced with the Dralnok's Doom patch. They aren't available on live shards yet.

Thread Information