Thread: Win XP 64 bsod

Default Win XP 64 bsod

I know some people can get the game to work on xp 64 and hopefully they can help.

I can run the game fine but randomly the game will either crash to my desktop or ill get (win32k.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x00050) bsod.

It only happens when I play horizons and it seems to happen randomly while I'm playing the game. I've disabled debug like suggested in other forums but I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated and I'll post anymore info that might be needed.

Default Re: Win XP 64 bsod

Sorry in the couple of years I played on XP 64 I never ever saw that error.

It might be something entirely different that's only triggered while Horizons is running. Most BSOD issues are driver related, so yeah... check for driver updates?

Ok, I found a hotfix for my ati driver that seemed to fix that specific issue. Now I got a

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b bsod

This also happens randomly while playing the game.

Here you go, it's not quite the same but it might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923187/en-us

No luck

Seems to be completely random. I also crash to desktop every once in a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravik View Post
    I know some people can get the game to work on xp 64 and hopefully they can help.

I can run the game fine but randomly the game will either crash to my desktop or ill get (win32k.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x00050) bsod.

It only happens when I play horizons and it seems to happen randomly while I'm playing the game. I've disabled debug like suggested in other forums but I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated and I'll post anymore info that might be needed.
    Do you have Windows Vista SP1 installed?
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Do you have Windows Vista SP1 installed?
    Nope, but I'm thinking of switching to vista and maybe coming back to horizons later on.

Ack I am sorry - I read your post to fast. You are talking about windows XP. Not about Vista as I thought first.

I wouldnt recommend switching to Vista if you still want to play Horizons. There is a fix in the make but it can be a while before its released.

Try looking at your driver again - as the problem is related with it. Sometimes downgrading to a older driver works.

Good luck!
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Are you running the live or blight client?

On chaos .

I am Having memory_management problem in my PC.

Here’s the mail I got recently for my problem
    Yeah, well.... This is a week old computer and I have been getting the system service exception constantly.... it is definitely related to Internet because that's when it happens... no idea what is causing it but it is continual. Hope Microsoft figures this out.... seems I'm not the only one... I am an IT manager so not an idiot when it comes to the computer.

Or otherwise try this: http://www.deskdecode.com/system-ser...on-0x0000003b/

My main is running win 7 ultimate, my laptop is running windows 10 and my old PC is running win xp (sP3) none of these computers crashes out of the ordinary with Istaria. I suggest you try another downloaded copy and reinstall.. remove some newer driver updates and revert to older version. or update all to newest. on ocassion I get fatal exception error handle. usually when I exit the game after a long period. I would have to assume something is wrong with your new PC. I have bought computer hardware in the past that have given me errors and crashes.. replacing a newly bought MB in fact, a few times... till I got tired of it and asked for a different brand. (fixed the issue) It can be any number of things, from software you have installed, to preinstalled sodtware, all the way to bad hardware. do a full test on your hard disk. best place to start. If you happen to have a spare disk, give it a try

There might be many reasons for you guys getting BSOD's - It's important to know what information is included in that screen. But I guess its hard to write down the error since your computer is turning off after 2 seconds.

To Disable the Automatic Restart on System Failure go to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System settings -> Settings and uncheck automatically restart. After that write down the error, probably you will find solution to your problem after googling that error. I hope that helped

I have bought computer hardware in the past that have given me errors and crashes.. replacing a newly bought MB in fact, a few times... till I got tired of it and asked for a different brand. (fixed the issue) It can be any number of things, from software you have installed, to preinstalled sodtware, all the way to bad hardware. do a full test on your hard disk. best place to start.
    Hope it will help you to sold the problem.
    )

Thread Information