Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon / Khutit abilities

Default Dragon / Khutit abilities

For lack of a better location I place it here.

Did some fighting with my dragon in his Khutit form today.
    I already knew that it there were some irregularities when doing this, but decided to put it through a thorough test.

It would seem that:
    - Tailwhip, Silverstrike, Ravage, Bite, Galewind, Drain Strike, Dragon’s Reach and all 3 Breath attacks don’t have animations
    - Breath of Fire and Breath of Ice either always misses or just don’t do damage.
    No problem with Breath of Lightning, it seems area range is slightly smaller, but then again I am also slightly smaller
    - Only regular attack, Goldrage, Staggering Howl and DoT from Bite (not initial strike) are reported in the combat screen

No problems with either spells nor heals, all have animations and show in combat report.

Things I would like to see changed about this:
    - I would be nice if at least the attacks were shown in combat report and actually did damage (remembering Breath of Fire and Breath of Ice).
    - Also since the regular attack, Goldrage and Staggering Howl have a punch effect, it could be a nice animation for at least Silverstrike, Ravage and Drain Strike, maybe even for Tailwhip, Bite and Galewind aswell with lack of better animation.
    - Animation for Breath attacks and Dragon’s Reach.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Dragon / Khutit abilities

You can't use breath abilities as Khutit: Dragon Breath skill is set to zero in this form.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    You can't use breath abilities as Khutit: Dragon Breath skill is set to zero in this form.
    Then it is a bug, but Breath of Lightning works and does damage, on multiple mobs when they are close enough.
    That brings on the question why we shouldnt be able to use it, still a powerfull ability and I still have a mouth...

But that was not the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; March 7th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Things I would like to see changed about this:
    - I would be nice if at least the attacks were shown in combat report and actually did damage (remembering Breath of Fire and Breath of Ice).
    - Also since the regular attack, Goldrage and Staggering Howl have a punch effect, it could be a nice animation for at least Silverstrike, Ravage and Drain Strike, maybe even for Tailwhip, Bite and Galewind aswell with lack of better animation.
    - Animation for Breath attacks and Dragon’s Reach.

Negative. This is not going to happen. I knew as soon as the penalty was removed this would come up again. Dragons aren't mean to fight in Khutit and that is not going to change.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok noted, although I must add this had been a point of interest for me for a long time before the penalty removal.
    Sometimes it is just fun, being able to fight like Khutit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Negative. This is not going to happen. I knew as soon as the penalty was removed this would come up again. Dragons aren't mean to fight in Khutit and that is not going to change.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Wait, what? The penalty was removed? When?

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    Wait, what? The penalty was removed? When?
    "Khutit form will no longer incur any stat reductions. Khutit will still be unable to fly or use breath weapons."

The big patch last month.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

How about allowing khutit to hoard?

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    How about allowing khutit to hoard?

Drev
    We already can or at least could...
    Select all hoard items and Rightmouse button... ect.

Unless that has also changed very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    We already can or at least could...
    Select all hoard items and Rightmouse button... ect.

Unless that has also changed very recently.
    You have to drag the item directly into you hoard when you are in khutit.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Talking Re: Dragon / Khutit abilities

So i have recently returned to HZ after years of not being in, i can say I like it. I left due to political reasons at the time, but hey, im back now and that's what counts. I finally got my dragon up to adulthood and couldn't be happier!

however there are a few things i wish too see in HZ and just thought i would list them here.

so here is my wish list:
    1. allow breath of fire attacks to be cast while flying!
    2. allow other aerial combat abilities.
    3. create the Dragon Fear ability for adults and ancients.
    4. Allow a new biped Dragon Rider class.
    OR just allow dragons to have riders w/o a special class.
    (I do remember - back in the day when the game was new - some talk of this.)

Quote Originally Posted by phreekbird View Post
    so here is my wish list:
    1. allow breath of fire attacks to be cast while flying!
    Not going to happen anytime soon. Requires programing time that is spoken for, for a very long time.

2. allow other aerial combat abilities.
    See above.

3. create the Dragon Fear ability for adults and ancients.
    Ancients Have this ability. It is a mez that breaks on damage.

4. Allow a new biped Dragon Rider class.
    OR just allow dragons to have riders w/o a special class.
    (I do remember - back in the day when the game was new - some talk of this.)
    See Aerial combat. This not only requires program time but artist time which is even rarer I do believe.

Me and my friends have been asking why they can't work on having bipeds ride dragons....and then before I read this it came to me it would be a lot of work.....like...who would have full control? The dragon or the biped? So then I told them and they agreed.....BUT....I do wish there was some bipeds flying around on dragons.

It's one of those sad things. Horizons, I'd wager, has the majority of it's players initially drawn in by the whole 'only MMO where you can play a dragon' thing. 'Cause there's a huge following on dragons and such. But there's also a huge following on dragon riding. I think if this game could ever tap into that it would bring a lot of new players with it. :O

Maybe one day~

~Galde

Well, one of the marketing catch phrases for Horizons was, "Be the dragon!". I don't recall any slogans telling you to, "Let some goober ride you like a horse!" or "Be the taxi!".

Drev

That's not the point Drev.

Dragons = lots of interest

dragon riders = lots of interest.

I just think it would be a big plus if we could eventually get that in. There's a load of players on the game that would be all for the option, and a load of potential players who might be interested in the option. Lots of Eragon and Pern fans out there'll probably be interested. (Man I hate those books. XD )

~Galde

Why do you hate those books?!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Can I tell you in a PM so that I don't get jumped on and strangled? ^.^

Also it's a bit off-topic so... yah. PM

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Well, one of the marketing catch phrases for Horizons was, "Be the dragon!". I don't recall any slogans telling you to, "Let some goober ride you like a horse!" or "Be the taxi!".

Drev
    That's no reason to prevent it from being an option. There are enough dragons who'd permit riders, especially on Chaos where the whole RP angle is moot.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Squeeze me?!?!

I enjoize my insanity, I doez!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information