Thread: Istaria launch issue

Default Istaria launch issue

Hello all,

I just downloaded the game client and installed with no issues. BTW, I'm running Vista.

I can launch the game, from the launcher and the web page, just fine. The trouble comes when patching. It will scan the files for maybe 3-5 minutes they I get a "this program has encounted and error and must be shut down.". I can't even patch the game to launch it.

I've tried changing the compatability modes from Windows 95, 98, and XP with no luck.

I've tried searching the forums but the only thing I've found is; "it runs fine" or "it doesn't run at all". Does anyone have a work around for this?

Added info: I'm running a 2.6MHz dual core AMD, Vista Home Premium, 3Gigs of RAM, with and NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
    Nobility is not in your blood but in your actions.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

Default Re: Istaria launch issue

Sorry, Vista is not supported for Istaria yet.

I once tried to install the game into our new laptop (with Vista in it, of course) I got as far as you did - when it was time for patching I got an error.

I guess there are some workarounds around the forums (Hardware discussions? ), still they're something I wouldn't mess around with as I'm not an expert with computers. just hoping that VI is able to fix the problem sometime soon.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaked View Post
    Hello all,

I just downloaded the game client and installed with no issues. BTW, I'm running Vista.

I can launch the game, from the launcher and the web page, just fine. The trouble comes when patching. It will scan the files for maybe 3-5 minutes they I get a "this program has encounted and error and must be shut down.". I can't even patch the game to launch it.

I've tried changing the compatability modes from Windows 95, 98, and XP with no luck.

I've tried searching the forums but the only thing I've found is; "it runs fine" or "it doesn't run at all". Does anyone have a work around for this?

Added info: I'm running a 2.6MHz dual core AMD, Vista Home Premium, 3Gigs of RAM, with and NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
    Actually, it's possible that your error isn't with the patcher at all. You see, when the patcher finishes doing its thing it opens up Horizons, which promptly crashes in Vista. Thus, you may be actually getting the error from the executable itself. If this is the case, and you're running 32-bit Vista, you should be able to get Horizons running using the workaround I devised back on the Vista thread somewhere around page 7.

Alternatively, can you give us more information on the error? Like, click the "more details" arrow and post what you get. If you don't get a "more details" arrow, you'll have to change a few settings first.

I would love to post more info but the only thing I get is, and I quote: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availble." ... they have yet to "notify" me.

I also followed the instructions for installing .Net 1.1 to no avail.
    Nobility is not in your blood but in your actions.
    Woushi - Blight
    Dael Trykk - Blight

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sun, do you get the 'horizons.exe has stopped working' error message?
    if so, you are in, you just have to pay the proper offerings to the reboot gods......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaked View Post
    I would love to post more info but the only thing I get is, and I quote: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availble." ... they have yet to "notify" me.

I also followed the instructions for installing .Net 1.1 to no avail.
    Having dealt with this before, I can tell you how to get it to give you a proper error message. Go to control panel --> Classic view --> Problem reports and solutions. Then go to change settings and select "Ask me if a problem occurs". Then run Horizons again and you should get the more details arrow.

If you get a msvcrt.dll error, you can follow my instructions on the Vista thread to get Horizons working.

Thread Information