Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Players

Default Re: New Players

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    So glad you said "we".

Go for it! You can start advertising whenever, C'gan. Best way to get people to try the game is for those who already play it to talk about it to others.
    Quoted for truth.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

hehe most call other players toons and some call tham Peeps ; )
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

I'll smack the first person who calls my character a "peep"... hard.

Peeps are those marshmallow chicks that you get at Easter time, eat enough of them and your mouth will be interesting colors for days. Let them get hard and you can use them as projectile's during a D&D game, though. They're +10 damage to GM's.

Oh yes, The Realm Online. That brings back some great memories. Played quite a long time in that world and also since beta.
    But before that I played in another virtual world (it was quite unique during that time). It was not a MMORPG and more like a virtual chat room but you had already a character to run around. It was called Worlds Away and it was before the Internet was getting big (I remember using dial-up to Compuserve with huge telephone and compuserver bills. *cough*). Maybe someone can remember those times too.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

[QUOTE=Velea;219585]I'll smack the first person who calls my character a "peep"... hard.

Hides ...."
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I'll smack the first person who calls my character a "peep"... hard.

Peeps are those marshmallow chicks that you get at Easter time, eat enough of them and your mouth will be interesting colors for days. Let them get hard and you can use them as projectile's during a D&D game, though. They're +10 damage to GM's.
    Come now Velea, us peeps have to stick together. (please don't ban be)

Though I like the idea of the easter candy vs the GM. I might have to put that into practice.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Opps didnt mean to post 2 times : P trying to edeti it and it desaided to post it agin : P

Well I hope they get the Vista thing done soon since I would play more on my laptop. And as someone else said I tell friends of mine about the game all the time, and I have got 4 or 5 to play the game.
    100 lv Palidin/Spiritist/Druid/Healer/Mage/Wizard/Conjurer and 1 day Monk

$1700 bill one month playing Neverwinter Nights on AOL back when it was $3.95 an hour (back when AOL was actually a good company) + long distance charges. *cringe*

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar
    $1700 bill one month playing Neverwinter Nights on AOL back when it was $3.95 an hour (back when AOL was actually a good company) + long distance charges. *cringe*

Drev
    I had a friend that got charged $600.00 for a single phone call by conferencing in 4-5 squad members long distance during an Air Warrior brawl (on Compuserv I believe). This didn't include his connect fees to CServ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    So glad you said "we".

Go for it! You can start advertising whenever, C'gan. Best way to get people to try the game is for those who already play it to talk about it to others.
    This sort of game, it is a "WE" thing. It's more than the devs can do at the moment, because they have so many projects going on at the same time. It's more than players doing it alone, because without the devs' support there is no game.

Mind you, I'm a typesetter by profession, so setting up advertising is one of the things I do.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information