Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Tips and Hints

Default Re: Tips and Tricks! (Known player workarounds for bugs or other issues)

Issue: you can't equip a new crystal into a socketed tool, weapon, claw or something else

Trade the item with a friend or put it into a structure like a guildhouse (some said it works with your vault too), this will reset the item and you can equip your crystals again to it.

Issue: after dying you try to eat something and get a error message: you can't eat while in combat...

Attack the tavernkeeper or something else and enjoy your meal.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Tips and Tricks! (Known player workarounds for bugs or other issues)

Issue: Got stuck in khuhit mode and can't turn back into a dragon

Click on the khuhit mode hotkey and wait for it to cycle
    Click on the dragon mode hotkey and you should reset back into a dragon.

Issue: After switching from khuhit mode to dragon other players see my scale colours go dirty

Go out of range of the affected players and return. The game will reload your scale colours for the other player and the 'dirty' colour will be gone

Issue: Attempting to attack a mob and the game reports that the mob is 1m away and you can't melee attack it.

Cancel the attack.
    Move your character directly on top of the mob and restart the attack.
    Your character will move backwards into the combat position and the message should be gone
    (this happens mainly with undead mobs with a dragon attacking using melee).

Issue: Other players can see my cargo disc when i don't have it equipped

While in range of the player equip your cargo disc and then unequip it. This will fix the problem on the other players client.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Stickied as it's very helpful!

Issue: I have a SoundBlaster Audigy or other sound card based on the EMU10k1/EMU10k2 chipset, and Horizons takes a very long time to load.

Follow the instructions in the following post to resolve the problem : http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...266#post194266

Issue: after dying you try to eat something and get a error message: you can't eat while in combat...

Attack the tavernkeeper or something else and enjoy your meal.
    *snickers*

ISSUE: I'm working on my RoP and I cant get the Crystal Golem to spawn.

Delete the quest and speak with the hermit again to get the quest for the shards again, everything should work fine after that.

ISSUE: I downloaded and installed the map pack, but when I open my map I get nothing or I see jumbled tiles

Edit with NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    Be sure to also create a prefs folder in resources_override and copy the new ClientPrefs_Common.def into it so it dosent revert back after an update!

great topic!!!! thanks for all the usefull infos!!!

Issue: I see other players with colorful text and I want my own... How do I do that!

This syntax does NOT work while typing live text from the keyboards, only when you add it to a prefix or use a hot key:

<!--color r=n.n b=n.n g=n.n> (note: replace n.n with any value 0.1 - 0.9)

right click your main chat window and select chat settings, click the "Prefix text" checkmark, and put your < color > statement above there. Now every time you chat you will be colorful.

Hotkeys are the same. you can have a hotkey do a text command and within the hotkey editor you can imbed the colors there:

I have targeted a nasty looking <color> %t% <color> level <color> %r% <color>

(replace all <color> with the <!--color r=n b=n g=n> statements.)

Which brings me to another interesting tip / trick:

Issue: I see other people spamming target information, even with colors. How do they do that?

There is a small list of shortcut commands that NPCs use to greet you:

%n% = first name of target
    %nn% = full name with emblem of target
    %t% = your target's name
    %r% = your target's rating
    %l% = your target's location xxxxx,yyyyy

%csch% = your target's craft school
    %asch% = your target's adventuring school
    %race% = your target's race
    %resp% = "respect" (sir for males, miss for females, blank for dragons/sslik)

Speaking of the Tavern keeper humor:
    Issue: I died in the rift during an AROP. It says I can't use the rune of teleportation because I am in combat. What do I do?

Use a dragon tool ability. Then use the rune of teleportation. All Fixed!!
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; August 13th, 2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Issue: I programmed my prefix for colored text but it is not coming out in color.
    Fix: Open the chat settings and make sure the emote box is checked, then save the settings.

Inviso bug issues:

Issue: I just ascended, and no one can see my new body after the bubble.

During the "bubble" take a baby step forward and back. Your body will re-render for those to see. You don't have to walk far, just one step forward and back so you stay in your bubble.

Issue: I am trying my emotes but none of them seem to work.

If you haven't moved since logging in, emotes don't work unless you update your world position (move a few steps forward).

Issue: I got disconnected (DC'ed) and died, I log back in but no one can raise me.

Because you can't move (you are dead) you cannot update your world position, so therefore players cannot target you correctly to raise you. Logging out while dead = no ressurection. This is the same bug that prevents being raised if you die in the air.

Issue: I see characters around me but they don't respond when I talk to them in public chat and they tell me they aren't where you see them.

Again, take a step forward. Because of this feature (bug) other characters are not updated as well and will vanish when you move.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

This thread died out Ok Time to add a few more

Issue: How do I make a mob scanner?

Edit a blank hotkey by right clicking it and "Edit Hotkey" (note which bank and key this is)

Pull the first list down and select "Text Command" and on the right text entry, type /select mobname (mobname = name of mob you are looking for)
    Press the button with the + (plus)

now add a "Wait" and "3" seconds and press the + button

now add an "Execute Hotkey" "bank / button" (which should be the hotkey you are editing) and press the + button.

Pick a nice icon for the button and <SAVE> it.

Issue: I am doing my ROP and can't target the needed mobs to use my phylactry on.

Drag your phylactry to a hot key.

Edit the hotkey (as descrbed previously)

Add "Text command" and "/select mobname (Kaa, Lem, Shadow Dragon, etc) press the + button

Take your mouse pointer and click on the text command (#2) and drag it up so it becomes (#1)

Press <Save>

Every time you press the hotkey, it will select your mob and use the phylactry on them. No mess, No smell!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Issue: I have a tool that requires a certain skill level to use, but it won't let me equip it. Yet, when I go to craft, it says I have a high enough skill when I'm in the crafthall.

Solution: The skill applied by a crafthall is only available when you have a crafting window open. It is then added to your current skill. At that point, you should be able to equip the higher skill requirement tool. The tool will remain equipped even after the craft window is closed, even though your skill will drop back below. Recommendation: equip and process at an expert shop or t6 lair chamber (+75 and +90 skill boosts, respectively), if possible.

I've noticed that some people have not seen this sort of skill boost before, so I figured adding the tip here may help.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Issue:

I cannot open dialogues with NPCs. I highlight the NPC and then click greet (or right click) and wait 10+ min and they refuse to gimme their dialogue.

Solution: Check your chat panel settings. One of the checkboxes says "/tell". ONE of your chat panels MUST have this checked! Don't worry, player tells will not go to that window, if you have "send tells to new chat tab" enabled. NPC dialogue is considered a /tell and if you have no chat windows that are able to take /tells, you will never see NPC dialogue.

Issue: I hit a red wall when flying to the satry isles or drakul

If you are an ancient dragon then fly to max height and you will be able to fly over the red wall

Issue: I cannot zoom out the camera on my character

Switch from 3rd person mode to 1st person mode and back again. This should reset the camera (providing you don't have a wall etc behind you)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Issue:

I got a new PC/harddrive and still have the latest Istaria version on my old PC/harddrive, how can I get it over on my new PC/harddrive? And I don't want to loose my setting and mods!

When you just copy your latest Istaria version to the new PC/harddrive, it won't launch because there is no regestry entry.

1. Get your Horizons box or download the game from the istaria.com page and install the game on your new PC/harddrive.
    2. After the install, copy your old Istaria folder over the install you just did.
    3. Istaria should now work like it did before, but full scan is recommended because here are some files that need to be cleaned up by the patcher.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Trick: Extending the distance to the vault keeper NPC

If you have a 1 item or 10 item cargo disk in your vault, you can open it up and put things in it while in the vault. keep the inventory window open for that cargo disk. Any time you are within 15m of a vaultkeeper you can access those items in the disk as if the disk were anchored and nearby.

Default Load Screen Tips

One of the features of the new launcher will be the introduction of tips, hints and little tricks players can read while the game loads. This feature has been used successfully to share with new players especially all those little things that help someone feel like a pro while playing Istaria... so I thought what better place to come to find out those tips than to the community of pro's themselves!

There is a strictly imposed limit of 512 characters (spaces and punctuation included), and no URL's will be allowed, but beyond that the only limits are the normal ones for in game content.

Humorous tips can be mixed in, but we don't want them to be the primary focus here. The goal is to make this something that players use to get information about the game.

So please post your best hint/tip here and we'll do our best to incorporate them into the new game launch process.

Default Re: Load Screen Tips

Type /select name to find a specific player, NPC or monster that is near you.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

To find someone you want to meet up with: Use /gi name to invite the character to group with you. Then use M to open the map, and the "Show group members" icon on the lower left border to help locate where they are. Once close, you can select them in the group window and follow the locater arrow.

Looking for specific assistance? Use /who with no filters to see up to 50 visible characters online, including race and current classes. Those with adventure rankings above their current class have multiclassed, and crafters at class level 100 usually have multiple class skills.

Want to look up someone, but cannot remember how to spell their entire name? Use /who followed by just the first letter of their name, and you'll see everyone online and visible whose name begins with that letter.

Use /t name to send private inquiries. On the roleplaying shard, any out-of-Istaria discussions such as favorite pop stars should be direct to private chats.
    Last edited by awdz; March 18th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Istaria is a great world to be a part of, but don't forget to say hello to your family, shower, and go outside once in a while.

Most monster groups have a more powerful, rare, and named 'boss' walking among their ranks somewhere that drops better-than-average loot when slain. Keep an eye open, or you may become a snack, puddle of gore, or pancake...

If the ground is black with green haze and lightning, you are standing on aegis lands and there is bound to be a swarm of undead coming at you any moment.

There are a few dangerous 'Deadland' areas known in the world, located in Lesser Aradoth, South of Chiconis (They call it the Dead Pool), Northwestern Trandalar, Western Aradoth, and Eastern Aradoth.

The Withered Aegis is a very powerful, seemingly never-ending force of undead. If you plan to do battle, it is reccomended that you bring your friends to help!

Although powerful, the forces of the Withered Aegis tend to drop better than usual loot.

Blighted items, such as weapons, jewellery, armors, dragon claws, and dragon scales can be looted from the undead. While many can hurt your stats, sometimes you will find a very powerful item that is better than what most people can craft.

New Trismus is a basic training ground for new gifted who are found, and has many things to learn and explore around the island.

Are you finding you may have outgrown New Trismus? Try looking around the towns of Kion and Sslanis on Lesser Aradoth for new challenges.

The areas of Dalimond, Bristugo, and Chiconis are great for those who have bested the trials of Lesser Aradoth.

Bristugo is a major portal hub, leading out to many of the guild communities, but you will have to attune to it by heading west from Dalimond.

Not all towns are accessible by portal right away. You may need to visit the town and talk to the gatekeeper to 'attune' so you can come back again through the portal.

Those who have mightily conquered Dalimond, Bistugo, and Chiconis wildlife may find the icy Mahagra and Trandalar areas to be full of suitable prey to hunt.

((I forgot what the other tiers were, so you could probably write suggestions for the other tiers as a common question I see for newbies is "Where do I level if I'm level X?"...))

NPC's with a ! bubble over their head are trying to tell you they have a quest available, though not everyone in the world does this.

Dragons can speak to Gerix in Kion (on the bank's roof) for referrals to elder dragons about certain skills you can gain with quests.

The Helian dragon faction prefers the values of wisdom, knowledge, and educating the 'naka duskael' of Istaria. Many are known for their primal skills and tend to be friendly to bipeds.

The Lunus dragon faction favors the values of strength, power, and believes the 'naka duskael' should be ruled through brute force and fear. Many are known for their combat skills and bipeds should be wary...

We recommend you read the forums to get more in touch with our wonderful community, and to read about updates, bugs, and provide feedback when possible.

... more in a second when I find stuff/think of it ...
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; March 18th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Pressing Shift + up arrow while chat is active will allow you to repeat things you've already said.

Shift + Delete will clear what you've typed into the bar.

Chat channels are a major place of communications between players. To join one, click the speech bubble on your chat window.

The UI in Istaria is completely customizable. You can rearrange it however you like.

Making a hotkey with /loot as a text command can make looting monsters easier.

.. I'll probably think of more later.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information