Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Player Tips and Hints

Default Re: The "Man I wish someone had told me that before" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Dragons can craft scales on an anvil as well as a scaleforge
    Add one more to the list, I had no idea. Thanks! That'll save me time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Shakle View Post
    Add one more to the list, I had no idea. Thanks! That'll save me time and effort.
    Let me add a footnote to that. Dragons can craft scales on anvils but will not receive the scalecraft skill bonus on biped player shop anvils. If you want the shop bonus for scalecraft you need to find a player lair dragonforge.

Dracaena

very usefull tread.
    but client changed several times, not all commands work.
    Please tell me current "setpref" commands to turn on/off weather effects, sky, lightings, spells and ect
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Krinharth, to turn the weather stuff off use /setpref environmentsystem false

Hope it works for you

DEV: Note this system was modified earlier this year.

Changes are you should never turn environmentsystem off (this removes the invisible light that affects shadows on cliff and hill sides). This no longer affects weather and effects any more. To turn off weather and effects it is now /setpref environmentsystemeffects false . Use true to re-enable it
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 11th, 2015 at 02:17 AM.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

To new biped players:
    Customized gear boosts skills (or stats) immensely, a fully 'teched' set can raise a skill ~5 levels during first tier, ~10 levels during second tier, and so on.

If you're new to mining, spend some time fighting Cedar Treant Saplings. The component they drop is for Mining skill teched gear.

Though you gain levels slowly when you adventure schools in parallel, your crafted gear stays useful longer.

When too many adventure schools make progress frustratingly slow, Ethian the Tempered in Dalimond Bay is your friend.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Default Re: Load Screen Tips

*helps with rezzing the thread*

I'll be collecting a lot of things mentioned here, making a compiled list of what's in here, and will post it either here or in a seperate thread later on! ^^

So far: page 1/8 done :P

If you're having some lag trouble, unticking 'terrain clutter' in options may help ^^

Default Re: Player Tips and Hints

woo, time to rez the thread again!

With the addition of setscale to the basic install:
    -if you ever find yourself stuck somewhere, select yourself or the thing that gets you stuck, type "/setscale [something inbetween 0.25 or 2]", this will magnify whatever you have selected by that amount.
    -if you want a quick way out of a lair, you can use "/setscale 0.25" on a machine room to setscale it down, this will make the room smaller and when you try to step into it, the game will force you to the surface relative to where the room is located. (I have only tested this on community built lairs)
    -if you want a quick way to minimise something to the minimal size, just type "/setscale 0" or "/setscale o", this will force it to do "/setscale 0.25"

/snr is the miner's and gather's best friend command to 'select nearest resource'.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    /snr is the miner's and gather's best friend command to 'select nearest resource'.
    oh yes this! especially in hotkey form!
    -Text command -> /snr
    -Action -> Gather

No more needing to click around an ancient's butt! just make sure you're in range! *chuckles* one command away from complete afk gathering.

/snr also supports a search parameter. Lets say you're gathering potatoes in a patch of dirt that contains potatoes, wheat and onions.

You can do /snr pota (abbreviated names work as well as the full names) and it would only select the nearest potato, even if wheat was actually closer to you. Looking for a motherlode or bountiful resource? That's /snr motherlode or /snr bountiful

----
    /select player or npc name

Let's say you're standing in Feladan where there are many many npc's near each other, on different floors. If you're looking for Estelwen, the confectioner trainer. Type /select Est (partial names work), do not include any last names. If you are in range, it will target the npc and you can follow the Green ray of light and the arrow on the target window. She is on the 2nd floor, but if you're on the 1st/ground floor and stand under her, you can still hit "G" to greet her or "T" to trade. The distance to successfully greet/trade a npc is limited, so this trick might not work at all locations (ie Kirasanct - Each floor's distance is great).
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 13th, 2015 at 01:22 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Last night I had to point someone to some interesting articles on biped crafting posted on this forum but seemingly lost

https://community.istaria.com/forum/...Master-Crafter
    https://community.istaria.com/forum/...-1-1-(a-guide)

The first one discusses which path to follow for efficient levelling and the why of this. The second one on how to get more bonuses

The second discussion is on efficient use of cargo disk. yes they are big but cost a lot of speed. Still getting a lot of lookups

https://community.istaria.com/forum/...-of-cargo-disk.
    The spread sheets are still on line.

Xelrah published a good over view/guide for ancient Helian dragons on what they can use, as spells armor and tech to be more effective.

I place it here a link before it gets lost in time.

https://community.istaria.com/forum/...607#post321607

Thread Information