Thread: Valkor items, why no boost? :P

Default Valkor items, why no boost? :P

I've seen a few threads about this so I don't really need to explain why the Valkor epics should be boosted to at the very very minimum match the demon weapons stat bonus wise.

I just want to know why this hasn't been done since they're so much harder to obtain, then yet they're not nearly as worth it unless you grab them for RP(like I did).

I think they either need 1) a much much better stat boost (beyond that of the demon weapons) .. 2)a much higher proc chance on their effects .. or 3) a little bit of both.

I just want to know why has nothing been done? There's not very many Valkor weapons, and it's not like we'd be asking for big amazing new effects. Just some number changes.

Default Re: Valkor items, why no boost? :P

Is the current weapon better then you are able to craft yourself without stats or proc change?
    If yes, then personally I doubt it is needed.
    If no, then I reckon someone has to look at these weapons.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I think the point is that they're harder to get. More effort = more reward sort of thing. If they're that much harder to get, then I agree they should be better than the demon weapons.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I believe Vi already made them about the same in rarity by making certain demon ones harder to drop then others. Are demon ones better then valkor ones? I think the valkor ones are better myself and if I remember correctly they made some increases to demon ones to bring them up a bit.

Demonskin Staff stat boosts are something like +120 power, +130 focus... <- SoG can be brought down by a 4 man group that knows what they're doing. So far he has /always/ dropped a demon weapon so it's just a matter of time to get what you want.

Bloodthorn Staff stat boosts are +30 power, +30 focus. <- Bloodthorn staff comes in 5 pieces + the formula. All these pieces drop in a pool of another set of 5 pieces + formula for a bunch of other weapons from Valkor. <- Valkor needs a full group to have a chance to kill him.

So Valkor weapons are FAR more difficult to obtain. You need to kill Valkor a minimum of 5 times, and that's assuming you're extremely extremely lucky and get the 5 you need each time among the 24someodd weapon piece + formula drops.. (I only know of the staff, sword, bow and claw. don't know if there are more then that, so that would be 20 pieces, 4 formulas)

And Valkor needs a full group as opposed to a half group to have a chance to kill.

Bloodthorn Staff is WAY more difficult to obtain then the Demonskin staff. Even if the mobs were the same difficulty wise, bloodthorn needs 5 different pieces and demonskin doesn't.

Edit: Also to scribe the bloodthorn staff formula, you need 1,200 fletcher. So usually this requires finding a really good crafter you can trust and /giving/ them the pieces to construct it. You don't need to do this for the demonskin staff.

If you need specific infos on the epic weapons take a look at the wiki, it has detailed infos about those: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Epic_Weapon

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Perhaps the a reason they arent boosting them is the fact that due to a bug people were able to farm the marrows for the valkor item pieces.

Those pieces are getting scarse now

That was no bug. Pieces did drop from marrows, then the rate was changed and drop was harder. And I thought they made a chance for valkor to drop more then one piece per kill now? Personally I haven't killed valkor in ages so someone else will need to verify that. But either way raise stats I don't care, do set items too

*becomes a thorn in Virtrium's side* Mwehehehe.

Honestly though, it feels really silly to swap to a player crafted level 85 yew socketed staff with easily obtainable crystals when I go out fighting because that happens to be better then a 5 piece epic weapon that can only be obtained by 1 level 140 epic boss that requires a full group to kill. D:

well last time I've hunted Valkor (it was months ago) it was a pain in the tail to kill and did not drop a single piece >_>

Hehehe, again it's not like we're asking for special effects or anything new.. just some number changing.. higher stat boosts and preferably, a higher proc rate on the effect.. I.e. 15% Lust for Blood or something.

Really collecting, Role Play, or just having a difficult to obtain weapon are the only reasons to get these.. there's no other reason to seek them out since player crafted weapons are ultimately better when it comes to combat.

Well at one time the bloodsword was the best. Now a crafted one with a dim might is better. But dim might don't drop anymore and I personally have no idea if the demon sword is worth getting.

I agree, the staff is disappointing. It was a huge pain to hunt, trade, or otherwise collect those individual pieces. And the final result is a staff that is vastly inferior to a crafted T5 staff with sockets. OH.... and when it actually procs the "lust for blood" DoT, you end up buffing the mob's cast speed and power. It makes no sense at all, when compared to the other valkor weapons. none.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Heheheh, I kinda like the side effect of Lust for Blood .. though the damage or DoT length should be increased as well as the proc rate .. the power boost the enemy gets doesn't translate into nearly as much damage as the DoT that Lust for Blood does.

Lust for Blood is unique, and quite deadly if it procs on an area spell, the buff just in my opinion makes it that much cooler and more unique

I just want the proc rate boosted and stat bonuses boosted

Thread Information