Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Client?

Default Re: Vista Client?

It was built under .net1 i bet it was calling .net2 and that was causing the problem.

is vista now supported?

On Blight it seems to be so yes. Still in testing to make sure the client does not cause problems and such.

My Experance today.(64 bit vista Ultama)
    I'm a returning player so first I paid up for another month. That worked ok. Then I downloaded the luancher. 3 hours of downloading! still ok. then I lauched it with a new char. on blight. it update and got to the screen about deleting some dll files. and then failed. just vanished in the background but that is what the writeups above say. relaunched it again and got past the patcher and the logo and then failed to attach to blight. and a couple of vista windows poped up after it shutdown. relauch agian and connected just fine. I can attach to blight but no other server. when I do attach to another it repatchs and delele filw and say" hoz.exe failed to start. Is there something I missing. I would hate to loss my 14 dallors
    Thanks
    Mixism
    "most times last comes first"

great!! gratu Devs

Quote Originally Posted by mixism View Post
    My Experance today.(64 bit vista Ultama)
    I'm a returning player so first I paid up for another month. That worked ok. Then I downloaded the luancher. 3 hours of downloading! still ok. then I lauched it with a new char. on blight. it update and got to the screen about deleting some dll files. and then failed. just vanished in the background but that is what the writeups above say. relaunched it again and got past the patcher and the logo and then failed to attach to blight. and a couple of vista windows poped up after it shutdown. relauch agian and connected just fine. I can attach to blight but no other server. when I do attach to another it repatchs and delele filw and say" hoz.exe failed to start. Is there something I missing. I would hate to loss my 14 dallors
    Thanks
    Mixism
    Hi Mix,

The Vista client only works when connecting to Blight. The Blight server is used for initial testing, and the new Vista-compatible version has just been installed there. The other two shards (Order and Chaos) do not yet have the new version installed, hence when you try and connect there it will install the older version and will crash. The old version does not like Vista.

The players on Blight are a very friendly bunch, so if you only have Vista you can play there until the Vista-compatible version is released to Chaos and Order. You can probably even get your Blight characters transferred to the other shards, but you would need to talk to the support team to make sure that is allowed.

HTH

Stale

Slightly updated procedure:

Upgrade your launcher. Once you've upgraded the launcher, use it for logging in to all shards. Don't use the website or horizonslauncher.exe.

You *will* need the .NET 1.1 runtime (you can get it as an optional add-on through windows update), or you'll get weird runtime errors.

If you're unsure about the upgrade process, see here: this thread. As part of the upgrade procedure, a "Play Istaria" icon will be created on your desktop. This will start the correct launcher for you. No more guessing!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    The players on Blight are a very friendly bunch, ...
    We are, aren't we?

Just reporting in to let you know, Steele, that the game runs beautifully on my Vista laptop. It opens fine, (once another player was able to ascertain what I was doing wrong. It was my fault, not the install or launcher).

I have only 1 GB of RAM on the Vista machine, but even so, the game runs smoothly.

You did a fine job, and I (and all of us) appreciate it.

Very nice Instructional video, too, by the way. I was already up and running, but watched it anyway, just for kicks. Informative and entertaining.

good news, last night after many attempts I able to play on the other shads with vista and mostly stable. checked and uncheck and check again most of the dption in the patcher. but it working for now thanks everyone for the info,
    Mixism
    "most times last comes first"

Post Re: Vista Client?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Round three!

The client you were looking for, istaria-383.1, has been replaced. The new client is
    istaria-383.2.

Please grab a new copy, same procedure:
    1) Patch to Blight (Log in with a Blight character or create a new character on Blight)
    2) (crash when starting the non-vista compatible client)
    3) Download and unzip the above 383.2 client to your Horizons/Istaria directory
    4) Run the new launcher (launcher.exe).
    5) Log in a Blight character or create a new one.
    6) You should not end up doing another full scan.
    7) You should be able to play.

Question, would you like me to do another extended testing without screen shots? This would speed some things up for me and I was wondering if you would like more screen shots for the 383.2 patch just like I did in the 383.1 patch with my previous post with the subject "Vista Client? Extended Testing". Or is the screen shots really not needed?

Also is there any other bugs are we looking for besides the crashes that are already known?

Tomorrow I would try this new patch by both logging in and creating a new character under my three operating systems again with the new 383.2.ZIP to test, but I would like to know the above things before I do so.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

- Rye
    Last edited by Rye_Dimar_Dragon; April 12th, 2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Fixed a few typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye_Dimar_Dragon View Post
    Question, would you like me to do another extended testing without screen shots? This would speed some things up for me and I was wondering if you would like more screen shots for the 383.2 patch just like I did in the 383.1 patch with my previous post with the subject "Vista Client? Extended Testing". Or is the screen shots really not needed?

Also is there any other bugs are we looking for besides the crashes that are already known?
    I don't think the screen shots are necessary unless you're trying to show some kind of glitch or difference. Do whatever makes your life easier!

As for other bugs, anything that would make the client unsuitable to release to live. What constitutes that isn't very well defined, though things like frequent crashes or annoying behavior would certainly be considered.

Thanks for your help!

Did a trail account down loaded patched up to blight working fine on Windows 64bit home.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

so you are finally back, Balthizar??
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Just piping in results, I ran a brief test out of Vista yesterday using the new patcher and all on blight, worked great.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Hi Mix,

The Vista client only works when connecting to Blight. The Blight server is used for initial testing, and the new Vista-compatible version has just been installed there. The other two shards (Order and Chaos) do not yet have the new version installed, hence when you try and connect there it will install the older version and will crash. The old version does not like Vista.

The players on Blight are a very friendly bunch, so if you only have Vista you can play there until the Vista-compatible version is released to Chaos and Order. You can probably even get your Blight characters transferred to the other shards, but you would need to talk to the support team to make sure that is allowed.

HTH

Stale
    I patched to the normal server, made sure scan was off, then applied those files and told them to overwrite and I can log in to Chaos now just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    so you are finally back, Balthizar??
    Not all the way back just playing around a little bit on a trail account on the test server. When this go's live I will be back Lovyrm
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1 View Post
    I patched to the normal server, made sure scan was off, then applied those files and told them to overwrite and I can log in to Chaos now just fine.
    Yup, same here for Order.

I just made sure the scan was off and no patching..so the "vista fix files" weren't replaced.

Played on Order no problemos after that - no crashes or any issues noted.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Was able to patch to Blight successfully multiple times. Will try above mentioned info for chaos, otherwise I get to keep waiting.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

I'm playing on Chaos using the blight client, on Vista 64bit and its been working fine.

Patch to blight, log out, then login to live without patching. Game working!

No go still. Even after patch to blight, loading the 382. stuff and no patching while loading into Chaos. Just tells me Hz has stopped working. Good thing I have my laptop until the fix gets finished and patched to live servers.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Thread Information