Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Developers' Desk April 1st Edition

Default April Developers' Desk April 1st Edition

This month's Developer's Desk has been posted in our Announcements forum.

You can find the full post here:
    Developers' Desk April

Default Re: April Developers' Desk Discussion

LOL I love you! I really beleived that with the dual labyrinth and 3 schools restrictions of bipeds! LOL at the Mac thing XD

Wait what.. no weapons for dragons? awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... (the pic was hilarous)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

omg- Flame already called the ambulance-
    and I was goin to say my famous last words^^

Next time pls consider the older population of Istaria*fumbles for her heart-pills with trembling claws*
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; April 1st, 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA

T was about to get my flaming pen ready with that one. Dont make istaria like other mmos! amongst other things.

Great 4/1 prank
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

L. O. L. XD

I actually believed the first part too, and the biped-only-with-3-schools-bit. My brain was already saying to me: 'Hey, I'm not really too big on bipeds but that's not right--what about the whole 'Grand Master' Crafter/Adventurer thing? COMPLAIN WHINE ANNOY' XD

If there's one thing you gotta love about VI it's that they're not afraid to have a good joke. XD

~Galde

You think this is bad, last year the staff at WoWInsider (a major WoW news & information site) announced that they were changing emphasis and becoming Hello Kitty Online Insider. They did over a dozen articles & blogs about HKO during the day, all of them sugary-sweet beyond the point of being just Pollyanna.

As I recall, the sheer volume of hate emails they got was just staggering, and quite a few folks really thought they were serious..
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Very nice read.
    At first I actually fell for it.
    It did have some interesting points...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    You think this is bad, last year the staff at WoWInsider (a major WoW news & information site) announced that they were changing emphasis and becoming Hello Kitty Online Insider.
    LOL, Hello Kitty.

As soon as the notification of new mail popped up for me, I knew it was going to be an April fools. And it was awesome! I loved that Dragon weapon-concept. XD *in fact, I have the picture as my wallpaper now!*

I love you VI.

Guess I need to start saving for a Mac now ~ XD

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Expand the biped adventure schools to 7 max and you would have a viable, non-joke cencept.

The dragon/biped seperate cave thing would have held a lot more water if the Khuttit penalty hadn't already been removed

Drev

That was really clever, listing things from most believable to least like that. Ya'll actually had me for the Labyrinth part. xDD

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

LOL......MAC ONLY! That would solve a lot of problems.

Figures the first newsletter I actually read in a long time is the april fools one
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Unhappy Re: April Developers' Desk Discussion

Wait, so I shouldn't have just spent $3000 on a Mac?

The ten seconds it took me to realize that this was an April's Fool joke were really scary.

I hate you.

Truly evil. Then I realized what the date was. This one made last year's spoof look like a trip to Disneyworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Talking Re: April Developers' Desk Discussion

I hardly ever post...but I had to hand it to VI, all I kept saying was.."That's crazy", "Nice Dragon art, but that looks ridiculous". I had to read the line several times where it explained it was a joke.

Good job. Reminded me to go and make someone laugh today.

Everyone should pay it forward....make someone laugh today.

~Vyl
    ------------------------
    Ancient Dragon on Chaos
    100/100/100
    "Death from Above!"

My first thought (sad I know) is that "A third of the year gone already"? Um no. Three months have gone. That's a quarter of a year...

I was reading out highlights to my hubby.. thinking "yeah that makes sense" on the dual labyrinthe thing..

going "mmm that's not gonig to please some people, but it doesn't affect crafters yet" on the three schools thing...

when I got to the "mac only", my radar started ticking... and as soon as I said it out loud, my hubby went "well, bye bye Istaria".. and I realised the date.. then I read the last couple of sentences.

Thanks, Amarie, I almost had a heart attack!

By the way, the email notification on Facebook was an excellent idea!
    Last edited by Arietna; April 1st, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I too was shaking my head in disagreement but actually believing the article until the "first "Mac only" MMORPG on the market" part and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Had I looked at the screenshots before realizing, I am sure the sword & shield toting dragon would have tipped me off. Very cleverly done VI! Thanks for the laugh, even if it did nearly cause a panic attack ...

HOLY CRAP!! GREAT April fool's - You had me going until the first response post. Honestly - I was like "oh dear...naka's aren't going to like this.."

Course the dragon stuff I was fine with *big grins* except for the weapons ...

And honestly the seperate labryinths made sense from a "viewer" standpoint - as I can totally see big ancient butts and little naka in a cavern being a ...concern?

On the whole though totally glad this was a April Fool's Joke - now I only hope everyone who gets the email figures it out as well..lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Recognised it for what it was almost immediately because I was thinking about April Fools' yesterday. xD
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I thought the death by dragon idea was pretty good! JK! I was like "no body is going to like that bit. Well people who have bipeds anyways." But I forgot today was April Fools so... yeah... I kinda went along with it. xP
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Thread Information