Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Developers' Desk April 1st Edition

Default Re: April Developers' Desk Discussion

*claps* Just *claps*

Hehehe!!!! Had me going there with the labrinth part. Then I got suspicious with the bi-ped things but the best part is the Mac

OMG i fall head first into it lol till i saw the picture and went wait a min that doesn't look right XD than i went omg it say happy april the first Doh but some that would be cool omg mac only so did anyone rush off to buy a mac then lol
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

ROFL that was the best April Fool's thing I've read for ages!!! Mac-only ROFLMAO !!! Almost caught me out for a second - it's April 2nd "down under" as I read this.

The best thing is, I could see most of the Ancients rearing up and applauding on hind legs! Come on draggies - you know, deep down in those massive dragon hearts, you wish these changes were real

Mind you, I think all Gnomes would agree that separating dragons from 'peds is "a good thing". Poor gnomes, always looking over their heads and listening for a beating of wings and a deep voice saying "ooooo snack time!"

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Poor gnomes, always looking over their heads and listening for a beating of wings and a deep voice saying "ooooo snack time!"

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    LOL......MAC ONLY! That would solve a lot of problems.

Figures the first newsletter I actually read in a long time is the april fools one

That would be interesting if it DID happen. XD

Honestly, I don't think that Mac based computers are given enough credit.

Although I have to say this is a good April fools joke, well worded and it almost had me fooled!
    Last edited by Rye_Dimar_Dragon; April 1st, 2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: corrected some typos

Aw, I was looking forward to being able to cast biped spells!
    <----clicky!

Had me going for a bit then got to naka death and was all wtf then the date hit me like a sack of bricks to the reply of Ohhhhhhh. Lol.

You had me until just after the biped 3 class limit. I was like 'waiiiiiiiit..', then I remembered what day it was. X3

Very Funny!!! But once again it is April 2nd here in Aus.

Yep, I do wish a lot of those changes for dragons were real. What would suck though is if there was a killed by dragon thingy then there should be a slain by naka thingy for dragons... which would suck

On the mac thing. Was that a mac based client or just an edited screen shot?

Also if dragons had weapons like that then they would need two more scales. One for the stomach and one for the groin

That was pretty good, had me going until I read the "Mac only" line and I said... ummm oh yea it's april 1st....
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I almost fell off my chair laughing at the dragon wielding a sword and a tower shield

And the screenshot of the "mac version" was hilarious as well - a bald female character model with horns and pretty much nothing in the landscape at all - like a pre-pre-alpha

Great job, VI - on my personal list this is 2nd rank on today's April Fool's jokes.

(today's winner for me is Opera: http://labs.opera.com/news/2009/04/01/ The video really takes the cake, the dude is trying so hard not to laugh )
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Thumbs up Re: April Developers' Desk Discussion

Loved it! and not just because I'm part of that Superior Race!
    I laughed till I cried all the way to the end of that post. Great job!

OK - still shivering - Just so you know -I'm replying on my mac... wish I could play on it.

Yes ... I admit you had me at the dual lab's thing and all the way through - I even felt sorry for the poor "$" folks who were going to loose all their various ratings... Oh well it was a good joke.

In a way it was too bad that it was a joke -- I was looking forward to awarding "Dragon Death" to some deserving folks. Hee hee.

Good one - and carried through in style!
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Great opportunity to test drive my new defibrillator.

IIRC, the fiend is shown in the region that lay before the Blight Fortress as it was known then. There were some great fissures, and I never found the way in from the the front; there was a small hidden path to the side (lined with Blight lanterns,) that led up to the Fortress itself.
    I imagined armies of the Gifted fighting their way up the path to conquer the Fortress, and gain access to the East, on the way to free the Welgers.

Weren't we young then...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

In keeping with the game design of the superiority of dragons, klava will now be served only to dragons free of charge. Bipeds will have to present hoard items totally at least 5000 hp per serving to make up for reducing the supply of klava for dragons.

Blue-haired gnome enterprises is designing tinkered scales for dragons. Any willing to test the unique designs should contact Awdz in game.

Similarly, the food services division of blue-haired gnome enterprises is developing some unique new recipes, and would like to conduct house parties for folks to try them. Please let Awdz know if you are willing to let her use your dwelling to test them out.

Due to the emerging projects, the blue-haired gnome will need to be awake in Istaria for 178 hours per week. Any willing to contribute hours to keeping Awdz awake, should contact her with loud shouts and perhaps a bucket of water over her head.

Haha. I was reading along going hmm, allrright, wait a second... wait the hell.. Got to the part about death by dragon and finally clued in, it had to be an April fools joke haha. Nice job.

Venge Sunsoar

It took me until the paragraph about dragon-vs-naka combat to realise what it was about and I was thinking that the 'improvements' were a bit strange. The first of April was actually yesterday for me.

Thanks VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal
    Yes ... I admit you had me at the dual lab's thing and all the way through - I even felt sorry for the poor "$" folks who were going to loose all their various ratings... Oh well it was a good joke.

In a way it was too bad that it was a joke -- I was looking forward to awarding "Dragon Death" to some deserving folks. Hee hee.

Good one - and carried through in style!
    Oh, no need to feel sorry for us, although we appreciate your concern

I believe you have a member who's rating far exceeds any that we've achieved, I would have thought your first concern should have been for your guildmate.

Regarding the Dragon Death, I agree it was a very interesting concept, although that would have required our draconic Bristugo vault guards to actually leave their stations!

It sure would have been fun to let our dragons rampage a bit, and I'm sure the gnomes would have loved the opportunity to repay certain indignities since none of the dragon "gnome snackers" ever seem to want to do their "snacking" in the arena.

I think to balance the scales a bit, it should be limited to Ancients, and if they were to die in the attempt, they should lose their ancienthood permanently and be barred forever from the rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

lollollol, got me to the death by dragon stuff
    the first line 'a 3rd of the year already passed' startled me a bit because only a 4th has passed, but didnt ring the aprils fools bells....

Great!

Thread Information