Thread: Memory crystals

Default Memory crystals

Please post any official lore you've found about them, or even unofficial lore that has been established in roleplaying.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Memory crystals

from the last of the tooth and claw quests: xerix gives you a lesson by handing you a memory crystal that shows malgavinal lunus fighting. Then tells you that they are often very old because the way to create them was lost to time.

Here's the dialogue from that quest, dug out of my chat logs.

[09/27/08 04:08:48] Xerix tells you, 'Seems to me you handled that job rather well. I trust they didn't give you too much trouble? Excellent.

I have a gift from the client for you, but first I have something to share with you. This is a memory crystal. The secret of making them was lost long ago, alas. They hold stored memories which may be relived again and again. Through it, you will see the sights and sounds of ancient days. They are rare and delicate, but so much more effective than the scribblings of ink on paper used by naka. Prepare yourself...'

[09/27/08 04:08:48] Xerix holds the ancient memory crystal out to you. Peering in to it, you begin to relive the razing of the human kingdom of Barasavus, hundreds of years ago. Seeing General Lunus in action is both thrilling and inspiring. His prowess in battle may never be surpassed, but you can certainly learn a few things from watching him in action. It truly is a beautiful dance of death.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I wonder what would have happened had someone been using memory crystals at the fall of Draak...

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If that were the case, give them to Tagath and let's get to rebuilding the university there so Brysmendrik can quit being a depressed old set of luggage waiting to happen!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

As some of you will soon find out, there is only one dragon in all of Istaria who still knows how to create memory crystals... His identity should be fairly obvious.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Obviously, it could only be the oldest dragon in all of existence!

*looks around for Hraefn* OuO

XD

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    As some of you will soon find out, there is only one dragon in all of Istaria who still knows how to create memory crystals... His identity should be fairly obvious.
    I'm gonna take a random guess and say Vladtmordt. You know...otherwise known as Vladtmordt the Chronicler. Big ancient dragon that used to live on floating island but now lives in a cave just a stones throw away from it....
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

-attacks Galde with her wrinkles- D8 <333

Memni the lasting embers crystal guy is my guess.

Intriguing remark, LaughingOtter.

* Khemarius - Khemarius is a Lunus scholar and archaeologist who has made an important discovery in the ruins around Kirasanct. Although Khemarius isn't someone you'll be meeting in Delgarath, the knowledge he passes to the Dragons of Istaria will prove crucial while exploring the Labyrinth!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Good guesses, but none correct. Takora gets a cookie for guessing Khemarius, but I'm going to be a brat and make you all wait to discover why.

So, three wrong guesses means this dragon's identity isn't as obvious as I thought. Here's a hint: a dragon who shapes a memory crystal would be called a ______.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Balennos the Crystalshaper!!! : P Well your hints makes sense now, because he was gone when the ancients fled to the other prime, and returned then.

Oh a cookie! *noms*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ding-ding-ding!

Have another cookie.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Does this mean crystalshaping will become something that can actually earn experience??????
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Does this mean crystalshaping will become something that can actually earn experience??????
    No such luck there... it will remain as is.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Khemarius needs to give up that memory crystal of his. He had me trekking everywhere for Drain Bolt 6...
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information