Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hall of Nyrevin server

Default Re: Hall of Nyrevin server

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Hmm... Maybe it's an experimental server that distributes simulation computational demand across the clients logged in to it using P2P.

Okay, maybe not.
    whut ? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    whut ? O_o
    You know how BitTorrent works by having users upload what they're downloading? That - applied to MMO hosting.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, in that list the name in parentheses is the primary race that worships each deity. Nyrevin was worshipped by all.

Nyrevin is the goddess of Death and Rebirth.
    I bet I know what they might do with it. It is going to be a server that they move dead accounts to to free up space of the normal servers. If an account goes inactive for X months Move it from the live shards to here. Then if someone wants to come back they get a free trail or something on this server till they can be mod back to a live server. Death and Rebirth. That might some how make more space, improve performance on the normal servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aebrie View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion i know what this will be used for...

convergence server so that chaos and order players can run the labrynth together.
    That can be done on Blight once the labyrinth is ready there.

I have an idea: you end up on Hall of Nyrevin after dying so many times or die in a certain way and have to fight your way off to get back to your home shard.
    Last edited by Steelclaw; April 11th, 2009 at 11:24 PM.

I think if they can build a new server they can afford a new blight. Or most likely The new Hall Server might be the old Blight hardware and a new Server was brought for Blight.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i think its a secret server for transmitting messages to extraterristrial agents of the mib........

bet amon looks hot in that suit and shades.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Nah, I bet the istarian gods hang there out and make wild parties with Hugh Hefner there.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Genesis is still alive, but what happened to Lexx?

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Genesis is still alive, but what happened to Lexx?

Drev
    Lexx?

"Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Hall of Nyrevin server--My guess

Ever since the merge with the move to smaller servers, Istaria/Hz has suffered from the reduced server capability. This is the reason for the "dormant" mobs that wake up piled on top of you, which definitely adds an odd feel to Istaria.

Since the merge, of course, server capability and cost have improved quite a bit, and it may now be feasible to migrate to better servers within the current budget. Along with Vista and the Labyrinth, new servers (Now! with Less Lag, More Mobs!!) would be a very appealing part of a "relaunch" package.

Oh, almost forgot; the Halls might be the test bed for that project.
    Last edited by Kulamata; April 18th, 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added finale!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    Since the merge, of course, server capability and cost have improved quite a bit, and it may now be feasible to migrate to better servers within the current budget. ...

Oh, almost forgot; the Halls might be the test bed for that project.
    Is THAT why my laptop has been running slower and warmer than usual lately?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, in that list the name in parentheses is the primary race that worships each deity. Nyrevin was worshipped by all.

Nyrevin is the goddess of Death and Rebirth.
    Interesting I'm a bit impatient to see what it is and read your announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Is THAT why my laptop has been running slower and warmer than usual lately?

Naah, that's just the cat hiding in your fan intake (at least, that's all it was for me)

;p

Thread Information