Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: timeline/dragon question

Default timeline/dragon question

heh the timeline doesnt seem very accurate when you compare it to the lore on the races, for instance - dragons were around before the time of the gods, but werent the dryads? since they spawned right after the creation of the world spawning from the left over essence of life and nature? i also noticed dragons have a bad tendancy to over use and abuse the "naka" word thinking it means 2 legged creatures when it just means unscaled "sslik" also have scales. Also a dragon tried saying they were unique "refering to being alien" saying there from another world "literealy" when there only alien by physical looks in comparasin to the other elite races, when it comes down to italot of the dragons have a bad missconcieption of what they really are "those that think there better then the unscaled" im dryad lvl 13 druid and i'd b happy to show off any lvl 13 dragon in the arena all day any day and we'll see wats better scales "Sinnaturaleza's - natureless" or 1 of the races that r in full complete ability to use the powers of istaria to its fullest "not quite fullest since im just a pure lvl 13 druid, took me a while to find out how to b one since im actually fairly new to the land"

Default Re: timeline/dragon question

Naka is sort of a slang word for dragons to reference any non-dragon (aka bi-ped) race.

As for the "alien" dragons, Im assuming you mean other players saying that, this is the lore they came up with, as there is no actual lore to support dragon being from a non-istarian place (I.E. Krynn, Earth, Pern, ect). Many characters will just assume the "alien" dragon is just insane, tho given how common this type of character is, it gets hard to do after awhile.

From my understanding in the upper teirs, a single classed bi-ped is much weaker than a dragon of equal power, how-ever a multi-classed uber-ped can steam roll an equal leveled dragon with ease. However this is game mechanics, by lore dragons are (or at least were) a superior race.

At your level you have the advantage over a hatchling given that you have acess to a wider range of spells/and abilities compared to a dragon, and have full acsess to every armor slot, where as a dragon only has two armor slots available by that level.

Technically the first dragons are alien, but are from the plane of fire not any where else. I have seen a lot of new RP of people playing dragons from other realms that is not cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotu View Post
    heh the timeline doesnt seem very accurate when you compare it to the lore on the races, for instance - dragons were around before the time of the gods, but werent the dryads? since they spawned right after the creation of the world spawning from the left over essence of life and nature? i also noticed dragons have a bad tendancy to over use and abuse the "naka" word thinking it means 2 legged creatures when it just means unscaled "sslik" also have scales. Also a dragon tried saying they were unique "refering to being alien" saying there from another world "literealy" when there only alien by physical looks in comparasin to the other elite races, when it comes down to italot of the dragons have a bad missconcieption of what they really are "those that think there better then the unscaled" im dryad lvl 13 druid and i'd b happy to show off any lvl 13 dragon in the arena all day any day and we'll see wats better scales "Sinnaturaleza's - natureless" or 1 of the races that r in full complete ability to use the powers of istaria to its fullest "not quite fullest since im just a pure lvl 13 druid, took me a while to find out how to b one since im actually fairly new to the land"
    First thing to realize is that much of the early timeline is myth. The timeline is created by Istarian scholars, which means its information is obtained from Istarian people. Hence, the Dragon claiming that they came from the Realm of Fire, the Dryad claiming they had contact with the Gods on a regular basis, and so on. IT is their belief of their origin and may not be actual fact.

If you are interested in Dryad lore, then you will learn much more about the Dryad with the coming of the free content expansion we're working on.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    If you are interested in Dryad lore, then you will learn much more about the Dryad with the coming of the free content expansion we're working on.
    Uh... expansion? Really?
    Maybe The Settlements thing (or part of it) has not been fully forgotten in the trash can?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I think amon is referring to the labyrinth and the stuff that comes with it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

heh i think it would b a great expansio if there was a actual school building where, lore, myth, and even istaria history could b taught "ie: present to the forums a peice of lore or sumthing, get elected by the players, become a teacher with a tittle, and have the option to world announce a class to b taken place that can b open up for discussion and debate and share ideas under the teacher of coarse, also have like a set amount of time that a class can b held so they cnt b done back to back, and after each class a token or sumthing simple awarded etc" it would bring even more ingame depth in my views, also bout the slang naka, and the timeline thx for clearing that up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I think amon is referring to the labyrinth and the stuff that comes with it.
    Yeah... you may be right. *sighs*
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Don't worry Firebrand, I was hoping deep down it was some settlements stuff too. ;_;

But hey, we get a big evil dungeon and new loot. All's good

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Don't worry Firebrand, I was hoping deep down it was some settlements stuff too. ;_;

~Galde
    You'll be getting FAR more than _JUST_ new loot and a big dungeon.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Yeah... you may be right. *sighs*
    Why the sigh? You don't even know what all is contained in it. Heck, you really don't even know what is in the labyrinth or related to it.

~Galde
    You'll be getting FAR more than _JUST_ new loot and a big dungeon.
    Squee!!

Can. Not. Wait. OuO

~Galde

Why the sigh? You don't even know what all is contained in it. Heck, you really don't even know what is in the labyrinth or related to it.
    Well, the word "expansion" means major changes or additions to me.
    As you said Amon, we don't know exactly what we will have and even what we can expect. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enthusiastic about this new content. But so far, considering the little information we -players- currently have, it's mostly a big dungeon with new loots and some quests around.
    So until the veil is removed, don't be surprised we may minimize what it is in reality... by ignorance.
    And I don't think we will have details until it's ready, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Well, the word "expansion" means major changes or additions to me.
    As you said Amon, we don't know exactly what we will have and even what we can expect. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enthusiastic about this new content. But so far, considering the little information we -players- currently have, it's mostly a big dungeon with new loots and some quests around.
    So until the veil is removed, don't be surprised we may minimize what it is in reality... by ignorance.
    And I don't think we will have details until it's ready, right?
    Well, if you go look around at expansions for MMOs there are two types... free and paid. Free typically consist of less than the paid (for obvious reasons). But that doens't mean they are anything to sneeze at. So far you've got new land area, lots of quests (story), new monsters, new systems. Seems pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    From my understanding in the upper teirs, a single classed bi-ped is much weaker than a dragon of equal power, how-ever a multi-classed uber-ped can steam roll an equal leveled dragon with ease. However this is game mechanics, by lore dragons are (or at least were) a superior race.

At your level you have the advantage over a hatchling given that you have acess to a wider range of spells/and abilities compared to a dragon, and have full acsess to every armor slot, where as a dragon only has two armor slots available by that level.

Is this to say that its better to play anything other than a dragon? Or is the Dragon mainly just there for fluff?

I am not saying Dragons should pwn all (well, yeah I am!) since this is a MMO and balance must be considered, but they should at least be able to hold their own.

Is there a senario where a Dragon could defeat that uber ped? Or is it just not possible?

Is this to say that its better to play anything other than a dragon? Or is the Dragon mainly just there for fluff?

I am not saying Dragons should pwn all (well, yeah I am!) since this is a MMO and balance must be considered, but they should at least be able to hold their own.

Is there a senario where a Dragon could defeat that uber ped? Or is it just not possible?
    I'm no expert on it, but I think dragons originally had very similar/the same capabilities as bipeds did, but the classes were removed from them in order to make playing a dragon a different experience from playing a biped. :/

It's a good reason, but dragons need to be given more possibilities as they're maxing out. I dunno whether or not the devs have any plans of action on their agenda, but... dragons make a stirdy jack-of-all-trades class. I don't know how a maxed dragon could defeat an uberped, but I'm sure that it would be possible. If you had the right everything specific to the biped's current class and attacks... maybe... :/ I guess it also depends on exactly how many classes the biped has maxed, and a whole host of other things, including the experience of the players...

Oh, I'm not sure. >.< Like I said, I'm no expert. :/

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciare2750 View Post
    Moot point since this is not a PvP game.

Yes, I do know there is an arena.

I think he/she is just trying to ask for a general power-to-power comparison Hoberton. :P

Seems pretty good to me.
    To me as well, and I won't certainly sneeze at it.
    But the word "expansion" and the dryad thing rang some old bells (Settlements expansion... and I know, previous Virtrium stuff is now irrelevant, but...), made me think there might have something else running behind the curtains and rose some expectations. Unreasonable and unrealistic when the Labyrinth is not even finished? Without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    I'm no expert on it, but I think dragons originally had very similar/the same capabilities as bipeds did, but the classes were removed from them in order to make playing a dragon a different experience from playing a biped. :/

It's a good reason, but dragons need to be given more possibilities as they're maxing out. I dunno whether or not the devs have any plans of action on their agenda, but... dragons make a stirdy jack-of-all-trades class. I don't know how a maxed dragon could defeat an uberped, but I'm sure that it would be possible. If you had the right everything specific to the biped's current class and attacks... maybe... :/ I guess it also depends on exactly how many classes the biped has maxed, and a whole host of other things, including the experience of the players...

Oh, I'm not sure. >.< Like I said, I'm no expert. :/

~Galde
    Thank you for your reply and I guess Dragons are the jack of all trades master of none deal from what you posted. TY for the comparison and info

Thread Information