Thread: Question on untraining professions

IndigoStar

Default Question on untraining professions

Had started this thread on the wrong forum so moving it here.

I want to make sure i understand this correctly.

I found the person to start the untraining quest, but to make sure, say I'm lvl 20 monk and lvl 30 ice -discple if I untrain the monk, I'm still okay as far as ice -discple goes?

Thanks much for any help

Default Re: Question on untraining professions

Correct. However you would lost any abilities that monk had that Ice Disciple does not have.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Eeyno

You should not be able to remove monk. Monk was the pre-req for becoming an ice disciple. Just as cleric is to healer or paladin. However I did use this quest because at one point I was a paladin hated it and went to mage and wizard and was suffering due to a high adventure rating. I was able to remove Paladin and then warrior.

Flatius

The quest won't allow you to drop a school if that drop will cause your skill lvl to fall below the minimum required for your currentprestige school. However, if you have gained enough skill in the prestige school to still meet the minimum you could drop the primary. For instance, a lvl 50 healer could drop cleric, because the Aug and Life skills lost from cleric lvls won't drop the total skill lvl below the minimum required for healer.

Blue_Moonrider

Something doesn't add up here because I have been able to drop warrior, which my paladin and x-bowman need to work (lvl 20 and 21 respectively). As I understood it from the dev posts because the prestige schools provide skill at the base that you joined them you were free to leave the school as you pleased and keep the advanced school. The only drawback to this was the passive and active abilities were removed except for those from quests(I still have my warrior's edge but am no longer a warrior). So it looks like I have to disagree with you there.

Elkandriel

You should be able to drop schools and just lose the abilities you don`t have from your current school. Prestige schools should have same amount of skill as non prestige schools at lvl 20. Execpt of course if there is only 150 spirit needed for reaver for example, Then you got just stats of lvl 15 spiritist at lvl 20.

Thread Information