Thread: Smell of the Death Blow

Exclamation Smell of the Death Blow

I have heard ugly rumors about some changes to current game log ins. 1st one I heard is a player will no longer be allowed to log in more than one character of the same account unless they have a second account. 2nd I understand this log in rule will soon become effective. 3rd I hear that the number of toons a player can have one a single account is 7. Those future changes sound as if they are going to be engraved in stone soon. I understand the desire behind this (possible generation of more revenue.)

As a capitalist I understand this well, though there are some who feel this is a "draconic measure" and has given them the poxy. I have heard very sad news that a few (more than two) are just going to let their accounts expire and see fun else where, because of these changes.

I can understand their desires and their pain. I am neither condoning nor condemning the actions from both sides. It is a shame that for some off reason the changes are soon to happen and it will drive off more eventually. My "two cents" on the smell of the Death Blow.

Default Re: Smell of the Death Blow

Your sources are a little out dated...actualy very outdated. You can only log in one toon per account, its been that way for more than a year if I recall right. And on the gifted plan you're only allowed 7 characters per account. ONce again this went into effect about a year ago.

Please note that what Tcei isn't quite correct.

There have been no changes to what a subscription service provides, but some people are still unclear on the definition of "account" and "subscription", which is where rumors like this start. In order to quell any rumors, and clarify at the same time, please allow me to explain.

An account is your own personal identification for logging in to the game. For Istaria, we encourage an individual to only have one single account ever. Think of account as your unique name.

A subscription is your collection of services that you pay a monthly fee for. (Or in one new case, that is free but very limited to what services you have.) A subscription allows you to log in to the game, have a certain number of character slots, a certain number of consignment slots, and if that subscription is of the correct type, have a plot slot.

This is how it has been since I began playing Istaria years ago (pre-Virtrium in other words).

An account can have multiple subscriptions, which is what often confuses people.

For example, if you have two Gifted Subscriptions on your account, you can log in to the game with two different characters, you own two plots, you have twice as many consignment slots, and can have 14 characters active at a time.

None of this has changed, but I hope it does clear up any confusion or possible rumors.

-Amarie

Amarie is wrong if you look in the forums you will see the following statments:
    look at post http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16391
    on august 30th 2007 Horizons CS posted the following:

Will Blight players still be able to have two concurrent logins on the Blight testing shard?
    answer Yes

Do Blight characters count towards the character limit?
    answer No - you can still have lots of characters on blight for testing various races and stages of development.

and there has been nothing official poster from these statements.
    Last edited by MarshDog; April 23rd, 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: found the link

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Amarie is wrong if you look in the forums you will see the following statments:
    look at post http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16391
    on august 30th 2007 Horizons CS posted the following:

Will Blight players still be able to have two concurrent logins on the Blight testing shard?
    answer Yes

Do Blight characters count towards the character limit?
    answer No - you can still have lots of characters on blight for testing various races and stages of development.

and there has been nothing official poster from these statements.
    This too, has always been my understanding and clarification as a permanent Blight resident since we began on Blight many years ago.
    Broc/ilKhan KrakenHazen/Moradine Stonehewer/Anthraxus/Erinn O'Melegrance
    Kraken Guard
    Blight

I had to look at the posting date on the OP to be sure this wasn't a necro post from summer of 2007.

All of those restrictions have been in place for quite a while. Those of us who chose to keep our Grandfather subscriptions have the same service the original, pre-Gifted style accounts allowed. The Gifted subs actually offer more than the original Grandfather subs (7 characters vs 5, more consignment slots), though with a higher price tag.

Drev

Sorry, Marshdog, but I am not "wrong".

I checked with the person who has run our account and billing database, and he backed me on what I said. The information you're quoting is nearly two years old at this point, and greatly out of date.

It is true that characters copied to Blight from other shards to not count toward your character total. And it is true that exploits in the system have been fixed in over those past two years. Blight was never intended to be a "free to play" shard where you did not have to subscribe to log in and play there.

I am sorry that the information posted two years ago by someone else was incorrect, but the fact remains that it was. The same account limitations on Live shards now are enforced on Blight as well, with the exception of character slots. This is not a mistake. We just fixed something that hasn't been working the way we intended.

At this point I think before this thread gets out of hand with rumors and supposition, it is time to close it.

The official response is that you do need an account and you do need a subscription on that account to play Istaria on any shard.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; April 24th, 2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: blasted spelling errors

Thread Information