Thread: Regarding monk types

Default Regarding monk types

This would probably be better suited for the biped section, but I thought it would be more likely to get views here and it's a quick question

Back when the game was released (and at least through the first year) I seem to recall monk types (monk and disciples) having some serious problems (I'm not sure as to what the specific reasons were, whether it was dmg, survivability, or both). I was just wondering what everyone thinks their current status is and whether any of the disciples end up being pretty good later on? If so, what other class(es) would you recommend leveling alongside to benefit the one you suggest? Thanks for the opinions

Default Re: Regarding monk types

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It's a bit old, but the fundamentals SHOULD be still good even if the specifics are not anymore. It'd be a good place to start along with my suggestions for gear teching, supporting classes, and my experiences.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...unarmed+weapon

It's looking like I'll need to be referring back to it myself at some point if our life settles down and my wife and I can play again...

-Tyme AKA HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

There is a broad monk summary on the Wiki but that is basically lifted from various forum posts (most of the from Hratli ) and in-game conversations. Other pages also exist for the Disciples:

Storm
    Fire
    Ice
    Spirit

Just to let you know, unless things have changed,
    Ice disciple is broken, ice tomb and shatter NEVER worked since beta, ho well they worked 2 weeks in between 2 patches 2 years+ ago, and since Unity closed they remained broken, i dont know if things changed since.
    The result was that we were 2 IceDiscs playing the class on Euro server
    Anyways, pick IceD, we re just cooler.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

I want to say that was fixed. people have said monks are much better of late due to some fixes a few patches ago. There is a lot of talk about it in the monk problem thread I am pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar Xhaan View Post
    Just to let you know, unless things have changed,
    Ice disciple is broken, ice tomb and shatter NEVER worked since beta, ho well they worked 2 weeks in between 2 patches 2 years+ ago, and since Unity closed they remained broken, i dont know if things changed since.
    The result was that we were 2 IceDiscs playing the class on Euro server
    Anyways, pick IceD, we re just cooler.
    Lots of fixes and tweaks went into the monk/disciple lines last year. There's a post around here by Evilkarl in which he collected lots of the issues and we fixed nearly every outstanding bug with them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information