Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And then there was one... RIP Shadowbane

Default And then there was one... RIP Shadowbane

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20090420

Today only the Horizon fly stands at the zapper, as the developers of Shadowbane have pulled the plug.

There is already some outcry to keep the shadowbane fly, as there would be no one for the Horizon fly to talk to as others hit the zapper.

I like the "Yoda" idea being a ghost fly with a glowing aura.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: And then there was one... RIP Shadowbane

I think I'm flattered by how poetic the Horizon's fly is.

Wonder if Woody consulted with Sephie for how the fly talks.

Well the horizons fly has the istaria fly to talk to or?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I never wish for an MMO to Rest In Peace. Do not go gentle into that good night; rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Not just for Shadowbane, but for Istaria as well:

"Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else." - Judy Garland
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

wouldn't it be better to be a second rate version of yourself rather than a first rate version of someone else?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Regardless of quality..."Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." (A catalog T-Shirt, my usual philosopher).

bad omen

i hope that Istaria earns enough money to stay alive for the next years!

Bad omen? Lol! The sub numbers are rising so Istaria won't go anywhere soon.

Dead-sayed live longer, actually I expected that you know this Vlisson and your doom posts are kinda annoying.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

(lol- they say: old love never dies^^).

Well anyway- thy for your good wishes Vilss We all do our best
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yeah.. I'm also sure that Istaria will still hang on for years!

We almost have a working Vista fix, new updates and the Labyrinth are coming.. new players are appearing = new subscriptions. Which part actually hints doom for Horizons?

Instead, we should be happy that while the other 'flies' have already died, Horizons is still the last one standing. I'm pretty sure no one expected that to happen before.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Salama View Post
    Yeah.. I'm also sure that Istaria will still hang on for years!

We almost have a working Vista fix, new updates and the Labyrinth are coming.. new players are appearing = new subscriptions. Which part actually hints doom for Horizons?

Instead, we should be happy that while the other 'flies' have already died, Horizons is still the last one standing. I'm pretty sure no one expected that to happen before.
    Salama has a good point. There have been many times where I thought this game was done for in the past years, and yet here it is. I'm glad for this because out of all the MMOs I've played Horizons is different, and strange in a way.

I do feel bad for Shadowbane though. There were many people who played, and loved that game. It must be difficult for them. An MMO is a game true, but it's a virtual world people attach a lot of sentiment to.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Completely agreed with Salama, just in the past 2 years there have been many occasions where Hz was 'going under' and it has survived. In fact I think we should be changed from a fly to a cockroach, coz seems we're darn hard to kill!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

OKay.

While we're at it, let's change the dwarven military rations to Twinkies, too.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeck!! i hate twinkies!!
    i prefer sanders bumpy cake......

While the ice cream soda was the first signature menu item, Sanders would also become known for its hot fudge sundaes, complete with a hot fudge recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. Other popular menu items included the hot fudge cream puff and the "bumpy cake", which consisted of a chocolate frosting covering "bumps" of white buttercream.

http://www.sanderscandy.com/index.ph...roducts_id=277
    Last edited by velveeta; April 25th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Fine then!

Let it be...!!!

Swiss Cake Rolls!!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Speaking of twinkies, when it comes to all those death points I got, I claim the twinkie defense

Ya Istaria has made it though alot! and alot here is Hell of alot!!!

Istaria is like a vet warroir that's been though hell and still it is here.

I'm glade its still here and even over joyed that Vista fix is coming so I can come back to play.

Every time I think Istaria is about dead they just make it though. Like with this Vista fix. Though long in coming we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

The last straw on the camels back for Shadowbane was the controlled release of the MMO Darkfall. Whole communities in Darkfall are a direct transplant from Shadowbane right down to the same alliances with the same guild names.

I wouldn't say the fall of Shadowbane is sign of a trend heading for Istaria. The dev team of Istaria can continue to grow Istaria as long as they work to keep improving it, maybe push dx8 and the client as far as it will go redoing some outdated looking textures to appeal better on first impressions to newer generations of MMO gamers. So far it only seems some ex Horizons developers with a MMO called Alganon gunning for the type of players that play Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1 View Post
    So far it only seems some ex Horizons developers with a MMO called Alganon gunning for the type of players that play Istaria.
    I just saw and laughed my butt off XD It sounds too much like pre-blackout horizons. I bet those features they mentioned dont't make it in the actual game.

Thread Information