Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Istaria's future: proactive or reactive?

Default Re: Istaria's future: proactive or reactive?

You can go team pvp if you want, you just have to be in the same team with your friends, there is even a open field arena where you can pvp on the pvp island. But hardly anyone goes there today.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I and I know many others want no part of pvp. If we wanted pvp we would go play WoW or some other game that has it. The only way it would work in this game is if they made a pvp server which would give people a choice.

'n whats taking so long with the vista, they got it to work with blight, i dont see what the problem with making the other servers compatible to run with it

Quote Originally Posted by abtarus18 View Post
    'n whats taking so long with the vista, they got it to work with blight, i dont see what the problem with making the other servers compatible to run with it
    As Steelclaw put it in the Vista tread not quite ready for live yet

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    The problem with taking the Blight client to live right now is that non-Vista players would be "penalized" with a slightly buggy client. (Mostly having to do with the way terrain is rendered and retrieved from the server, sometimes resulting in a "grid" drawn across the land and missing sectors.)

While waiting till there are no bugs in the client before releasing it to live is somewhat unrealistic, some bugs should be fixed before going live, especially ones that really detract from game play. Trust me, falling 700m and winding up "under" the terrain is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by abtarus18 View Post
    i think if you are gonna market this game and are gonna make it big you are gonna have to make a couple changes and make the game somewhat like other games, cause obviously, thats what sells.

- this game needs more pvp, i've only been to lvl 15 and on the blight server so i dont really know how the pvp on here works, but a lot of BIG games have really nice pvp systems, you dont have to make one as complex as most games are but something along those lines really helps
    - like in GuildWars, the story lines in all the games in the quests are really thought out and make the game really fun, and you get end game prizes and stuff like that, that make the game really cool.
    I do believe that part of the reason the game still exists and has a loyal player base is because it is NOT like all those other games.
    I personally dont like PVP. And if it would be increased I for 1 want an option for players to only be PVE and not get it forced down their throats. Apart from the fact that I am not sure if the current school system is quite balanced enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    You can go team pvp if you want, you just have to be in the same team with your friends, there is even a open field arena where you can pvp on the pvp island. But hardly anyone goes there today.
    To be honest I have never even been to the arena and dont even know were to find it.
    Really should have someone show me the way, would at least be fun to know I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    As Steelclaw put it in the Vista tread not quite ready for live yet
    Actually while playing Istaria the only place I fell 700m was when I was playing on Blight with my XP-pc, but I do agree with the devs that they have to be sure that everything works as it should before it being pushed to live shards.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The great thing about having so many MMO's available on the market is that there's something for everyone out there these days. If someone wants PvP or group based PvP, they can play a game like WoW or Guild Wars. If they want a game that is heavily storyline based and quest driven, they can play something like Lord of the Rings Online. If they want to be a super hero (or villian of course), there's City of Heroes.

And if they want a game that mixes crafting, being able to build your own home in the world, adventuring with in a great community, flying as a fire breathing dragon... you've got Istaria.

Woot! Woot, I say!

This post brought to you by the dark chocolate coursing through my veins and the 10-character post limit.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    All I ask is that if I do list the negatives that people look at them at face value and don't immediatly think I am attacking the game or simply complaining.
    if you can get that out of this community, i will mail a fresh baked cookie to an address of your choice. A few of the people around here are downright zealous when it comes to maintaining the status quo.

[QUOTE=Shur;223300 A few of the people around here are downright zealous when it comes to maintaining the status quo.[/QUOTE]

Considering, that "status quo" has a wide range- I ask:
    What`s wrong with that?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

lol at lov - ask a blightie 2 years ago if they wanted the status quo sooooo bad....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I would consider it an expansion, hands down.

How many quests do we have in the game right now?

Quite frankly, not a whole lot if you're not counting training quests. Yes, there are some scattered around Istaria. However there's not a whole lot when compared to other large scale MMOs where you cant walk 5 feet without tripping over a quest. Istaria is a grind based XP system. Other popular ones like COV, EQ2, AOC etc are quest based.

What I'm trying to point out is, when there's not a whole lot there to begin with, suddenly dumping quests, community projects and other stuff to do is pretty much multipling what is already in the game, it *is* a lot when you consider what we have already.

When people speak of the status quo, I am reminded of a line from the film Circle of Iron:

"You can't step twice on the same piece of water." - Ah Sahm

Status quo is bad for MMOs. I don't think anyone is asking that status quo be maintained, but it is reasonable to be concerned that major changes be considered carefully. Change will happen. Water keeps flowing because when it stops, it ceases to be water.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Water keeps flowing because when it stops, it ceases to be water.
    Uh... it ceases to be a river, stream, or creek. Water's molecular structure is not dependant on whether or not it is flowing. The water in a still pond or a bottle is no less water than the water in a river or an ocean current.

</nitpick>
    Point agreed with though.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Uh... it ceases to be a river, stream, or creek. Water's molecular structure is not dependant on whether or not it is flowing. The water in a still pond or a bottle is no less water than the water in a river or an ocean current.

</nitpick>
    Point agreed with though.
    could make this arguement: even ponds, etc. have currents. if it stops moving, it's solid - therefore ice, not the liquid form of water. ;-)
    i agree with both of you guys about change being needed for mmo's, and i really like the direction istaria is headed. :-)

Water keeps flowing because when it stops, it ceases to be water.
    I actually thought this was more of a Firefly type quote:

"They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see sky, and they remember what they are."
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

But keep in mind,not every change is an improvement.
    Grasshopper and such.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    "They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see sky, and they remember what they are."
    Moo, baby.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

its great to see the new content about to come to the light of day.

In my eyes i can call it an expantion. EVE is one game i do play, they get expantions every 6 months and many have been minimal upgrades. Many people point this out but guess what. they are free.

Usually big huge changes of content come at a price you have to dish out before getting em.

If anything ccp and Virtrium have in common is they are small dev teams Vir being the smallest. ive been waiting for 3 years on the expantion on eve that will change the game completely that allows you to walk in stations. Smaller dev teams = longer time and less content.

Also of what i read a part of istaria will undergo some changes a few spells added and among other things than just the labrinth.

Its actually enough to make me come back. That does say alot.
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

Thread Information