Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

So far I have been able to play two whole days it has been just great!

Things I love:

1) I so missed the crafting, I went ahead and re-rolled my dragon even though I had a level 69 I felt I could not just come back in a re-start it was a bit rough, and no I am not upset about it I can pick her up after I get use to things again. I love the dragon newbie experience so far, the trainers with the quest line is great combined with the crafting I did not remember ever having sockets or tech in my teaching before. Great Job so far but one complaint.We are a pack of hatchlings I think there is 6 or 7 of us we are all close in levels and new some of them are a tad higher and completed there teachings in Nt when the quest from the trainers is completed they are a bit lost in figuring out where to go, so my suggestion is finishing the line with a quest to the new quest area, more of lead in, Horizons is huge.

2) You all bring new meaning to the word Baf- we are traumatized by small grass betels and satires skeletons and maggots I have never seen so many mobs on my little body before and they do not stop coming, I actually had to flee!

3) I have yet to run into the wait for the area to show up much better and I hope the rest of the world has improved so far we are having a ball.

The things that need work.
    1) Map
    2) Vista- I had to re-strip the hard drive and take it off my computer I could not even log into Blight any more and almost gave up playing before reverting back to Windows Xp 64.
    3) Mob interaction- the mobs just seem to be gliding around while fighting they need more interaction and less gliding and staring at you while bringing every friend in the village.
    4) With my big dragon they need a shrink button for fights they are rather large and its very hard with out going into first person to kill things, so just an ability that one can toggle that would shrink our size while fighting, I can only imagine the dungeon coming out with a bunch of ancient dragons into one dungeon.

So far that is about it I am really excited to see such and overall improvement, the graphics are not so big to me its the game play for me, even though I think we should all learn to swim and not sink!

It is great really to have such a wonderful game my husband and I have been missing this one so much and the games out now in my opinion do not even come close to this one please do not give up on it and keep up the good work.

oh almost forgot the music is not loping correctly, its so pretty I wish you fix it.

And great work on Tazon- I will not call it lag-zoon any more good work.
    Last edited by Sihera; May 22nd, 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Sihera View Post

<snip>

1) Map
    There is a player-created MapPack currently controll by KatScratch that is pretty amazing, definitely required installation.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...hlight=mappack

2) Vista- I had to re-strip the hard drive and take it off my computer I could not even log into Blight any more and almost gave up playing before reverting back to Windows Xp 64.
    Can't be long until this is fixed permanently hopefully!

3) Mob interaction- the mobs just seem to be gliding around while fighting they need more interaction and less gliding and staring at you while bringing every friend in the village.
    The Devs made the mistake of showing a Michael Jackson video to mobs. They love moonwalking now and we just can't get them to stop. At least they don't sing any more. Hearing "Billie Jean" sung by MeatBlights was... disturbing...

4) With my big dragon they need a shrink button for fights they are rather large and its very hard with out going into first person to kill things, so just an ability that one can toggle that would shrink our size while fighting, I can only imagine the dungeon coming out with a bunch of ancient dragons into one dungeon.
    A player-provided solution is here:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...light=setscale

<snip>

And great work on Tazon- I will not call it lag-zoon any more good work.
    Yes it is wonderful being able to visit Tazoon and not have to relog afterwards

Glad to hear you are enjoying Istaria again!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    The Devs made the mistake of showing a Michael Jackson video to mobs.
    It was supposed to be "Hurts So Good", but someone hit the wrong playlist on the IPod...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Would that be from my homie, John Mellencamp?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Would that be from my homie, John Mellencamp?
    Yes, the artist formerly known as John Cougar.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

He didn't like that appelation.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I think if one plays a dragon they should enjoy the size difference. One knows a dragon is big, certain perils come with it.

Shrinking a dragon feels...wrong to me at least.

Why play something as big as a house if you don't like being that big?

Khutit no longer suffers statistic penalties.

That is a viable solution, it however removes flight and breath attacks.

The rest of the suggestions seem valid to me.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I usually just zoom my camera out and tilt it downwards, giving me a partially birds-eye view of the battle. Shuffle around a tad if required. Then again, I've never played a really really big dragon; Galde's just a teensy adult. I sorta like that it comes with a bit of difficulty though... dragons are big creatures, and while they may be graceful in flight, they're bound to be a bit bumbling when stuck in a small area. Learn to love the 'select nearest enemy' button. Because it will love you right back. OuO

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    I think if one plays a dragon they should enjoy the size difference. One knows a dragon is big, certain perils come with it.

Shrinking a dragon feels...wrong to me at least.

Why play something as big as a house if you don't like being that big?

Khutit no longer suffers statistic penalties.

That is a viable solution, it however removes flight and breath attacks.

The rest of the suggestions seem valid to me.

Because I love Dragons in certain situations it is great to be big but some times it is not, hence why I stated "TOGGLE Button", aye but in Khutit form you can not use your breath abilities still correct?

StalePopcorn thank you so much you made me laugh and thank you for those helpful links I had no idea you could do that.

I enjoy my dragon being as big as he is, and he'll be even bigger soon. I consider it a natural part of playing something like a dragon--and just shrinking it at random would be strange and missing the point. Dragons are always big, even when it's not "great to be big."

But then, I play on the Roleplaying server. So for me, having the mechanics and the lore deviate too sharply from one another in such a strange way would be highly uncomfortable.

That said, I do use setscale for a lot of things, like marking which corpses I've already looted--since I can justify it in that in a lore way, I could easily mark a looted corpse by tearing a limb off or something. Hehehe.

Or for getting out of buildings when I get stuck in the wall because I flew through it before it was loaded...
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

I much rather have an option to disable clicking on yourself to target, as an adult I only have the top and bottom edges of the screen to target in, in 3rd person. Everyting else just targets me. Another option would be to reduce the size of your bounding/targeting box, should be in one of the files but I dont know which one

Yeah, I would really like to disable my character's click-box.

The way to get around it is without going to first person is to zoom in so the camera is over your dragon's back--the click-box's size is relative to how close the screen is to your character, but for some reason, this means that the closer your camera is to the dragon, the easier it is to click around the dragon. One would think it would be the opposite...

i often resort to using F10 to target the nearest enemy when a dragon is blocking my view of them. another option is to use the delete & end keys to rotate the view to the front of your dragon - makes for nice screen shots of you in action, too ;-)

Very true. But ther are times when I'm fighting multiple enemies, use my heal macro which heals me then select nearest target, which happens to be a weaker, but full health mob, instead of the much stronger and nearly dead mob that I had previously. The time it takes to wheele my view around to where I can target him is normaly about the time I die. Similarly is finding and being able to select the correct mob in first person.

Although I love playing the dragon .. the first thing I do once in-game is /setscale him down to 0.1

Do a search for /setscale or go back to the earliest posts in the customise section to find out how to implement this.

It should be noted that using /setscale only affects YOUR view of your character or anything else. thus feel free to shrink yourself, your friends, your enemies, and everything around you, because nobody else will see what's going on

It's fun to grow already massive objects to 3x their size too. Everything returns to normal size when it reloads via moving too far away and back too. normal size is about /setscale 1.09.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

I always setscale myself down to 0.1 also.. usually by accident as everything I fight is set (via macro) to scale down after I loot it.. well, if I hit that button without a target.. I get zapped and usually just stay that way since it's much much easier to loot groups of mobs when farming if you can see them clearly. Also, depending on the size of the monster group you just killed, it's likely they'll start popping out of existance so saving time is important when you're looting a pile of corpses.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihera View Post
    1) Map
    Michael Jackson mobs... lol... But very true!

My 2 pence worth...

1 ... Yes the Map. I seem to recall that on the original release the map was completely dark and you had to explore to expose the map a la Command & Conquer / Dune II. Personally I'd like to see this back. Perhaps when you attuned to a town this would also 'familiarise' you with the local area which would expose a set diameter of land around your position on the map. Knowing *all* the lands from the word Go seems rather odd.

2 ... Vista. Now we have the Vista patch I've been using that for blight and the live shards (with the workaround until it goes live) with no problems. I use Vista32 for all gaming now. That said, it threw a Wobbler today when I replaced the outdated dell ati driver (the current version according to dell *sigh*) with the proper Ati 9.5 release. That was a 3 hour (min) fight using system restore and safe mode. The new drivers tried to update my .net installation, but it went Very wrong and would bsod on every normal boot. After it was restored I updated .net myself and installed the driver-only ati release successfully. The bsod I was getting (involving netio.sys and multi-core cpu's) is apparently fixed in Vista Sp2 (now installed), so perhaps (if you have it) you won't provoke the same annoyance. If this is lacking details or makes little sense, it's only to shorten the post.

But yes the Map!!

Rakku

Having the map get "uncovered" over time doesn't make that much sense to me. Are we to say that Istaria is an entirely uncharted land, with no decent cartographers to be found in any city? That no one is ever willing to hand a map to someone they haven't seen around before?

If I want to drive from my home to Orlando, I can just pick up a map at practically any convenience store along the way. If I really want to go the extra mile, I can buy an atlas of the entire country at a bookstore or anywhere else they might sell one.

I see Istaria as being the same way. Yes there's dangerous wilds, but there's also people who can fly over from miles up in the air and get a look at it all from afar, then mark down what they've seen and distribute it for others. There'd be no reason why you couldn't get a map the first time you visited New Tristmus, or even earlier, from any random trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirevix View Post
    Having the map get "uncovered" over time doesn't make that much sense to me. Are we to say that Istaria is an entirely uncharted land, with no decent cartographers to be found in any city? That no one is ever willing to hand a map to someone they haven't seen around before?

If I want to drive from my home to Orlando, I can just pick up a map at practically any convenience store along the way. If I really want to go the extra mile, I can buy an atlas of the entire country at a bookstore or anywhere else they might sell one.

I see Istaria as being the same way. Yes there's dangerous wilds, but there's also people who can fly over from miles up in the air and get a look at it all from afar, then mark down what they've seen and distribute it for others. There'd be no reason why you couldn't get a map the first time you visited New Tristmus, or even earlier, from any random trainer.
    Well ok then... perhaps the availability of maps for an area would be inversely proportional to its hostility (challenge involved to map it). So maps of the towns are common as muck, but maps of the satyr isles are hard to come by since they're hostile and foggy. Of course if you get out there and uncover it yourself, you wouldn't need to shell out for a map.

As it stands now, it's like we're all running/flying about with a Garmin/TomTom/GoogleMaps stuck to our foreheads, which doesn't seem very in tune with Istaria. Hell, for the hardcore, perhaps the only map you'd have would be areas you bought (like in a store) or made yourself and your position isn't marked. Bought maps could be of varying accuracy, like the maps in Drakan for example...

Rakku

Thread Information