Thread: cancel account

Default cancel account

I did a search and found plenty of old information on how to cancel an account. The webpages have changed since then, apparently. Anyone know how to cancel an account other than sending an email and waiting a week for a reply from customer support?

Default Re: cancel account

I thought you could do this via the play.istaria.com site?

EDIT: I take it back - I can't find anything under the Billing area to cancel an account.

I have found options to manage account which leads to renewing and adding accounts but nothing about canceling accounts.

The site accounts.istaria.com should have what you're looking for. Once you log in, there's a list of your subscription payment history in the lower right corner. Active subscriptions have a cancel link.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Nope. It has "Product, Period, Payment System, Amount" but nowhere does it have anything about canceling. Possibly I didn't sign up for the recurring plan. I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for the input.

It's in your list of active accounts, if they are recurring they have a link under them that says "Cancel", I think.

If under the product description there is no cancel option you'd probably haven't a subscription to cancel indeed It looks like this:

Product Period Payment System Amount Gifted Subscription - 12 Month Recurring

But more important, why cancel a great game like Istaria?
    Last edited by Velea; May 26th, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Internet safety tip:

Don't expose URLs from "internal" pages. Sometimes the links contain too much information and may allow an unauthorized person to steal your session or do undesirable things -- like cancel your subscription or change your password.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

So it looks something like:

Product Period Payment System Amount Gifted Subscription - 12 Month Recurring
    Cancel

"But more important, why cancel a great game like Istaria?"

Two reasons. I'm waiting for Vista compatibility to go on the live shards. Also, it is that time of year that I'm going to be gone a lot, camping, fishing, etc. Let's say I'm a bit frugal. Why pay a monthly fee if I'm going to be gone most the time.

It is a great game, from what I have seen so far.

I think I must not have purchased the recurring plan. It says one month gifted but without "recurring" behind it.

This community may be small but it is very helpful and friendly. Thanks to everyone that posted help.

Have a great summer fishing camping time and don't forget to come back to Istaria!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information