Thread: Trophy Room

Default Trophy Room

You know, we have libraries for both Lairs and Plots, but it'd be pretty awesome to have a Trophy Room for each as well. A place where we can keep a collection of trophies from all the different monsters we've defeated.

Another idea might be something like "The Pantry" where you can keep components from everything you've whooped.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

Default Re: Trophy Room

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunoch View Post
    Another idea might be something like "The Pantry" where you can keep components from everything you've whooped.
    For all the gnomes.........................
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I like that idea, through the throphy room should hold thropies and components, like the libaries; they hold also forms and techniques.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I like that idea, through the throphy room should hold thropies and components, like the libaries; they hold also forms and techniques.
    I second that.

I wonder how that room/building could look like.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

well - i hope i don't get stoned for blasphemy - doesn't a named pouch in your guild/house storage work???
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any more storage chambers... not for plots or lairs. There really is no reason to encourage people to be even more of a "pack rat" than they already are in Istaria.

*grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post

*grin*
    And log them in your lair.. when company comes in (on the incredibly off chance someone would actually come into someone's lair or plot to see their stuff)... log them in and VOILA.. trade away.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any more storage chambers... not for plots or lairs. There really is no reason to encourage people to be even more of a "pack rat" than they already are in Istaria.
    Seems like a function of what is required to be successful in Istaria... keeping tech comps, building odds and ends.. heck TOOLS take up a storage unit or two for just about everyone out there... and let's not mention teched crafting gear.

If they could find a way to shrink most of that down to something simple like a bottlecap collection once you have the whole "set" of gear for one discipline.. then it only takes up one inventory slot, but takes all the proper equipment slots and provides the correct bonuses in the worn inventory when used.

And Tech Comps.. sheesh.. Have a vendor redeem them for tiered tokens and increase the number required or something. Then you only have to keep track of 6 stacks of tokens instead of 3,000 stacks of items. Tech X - requires three tier 1 tokens and one tier two token. BINGO, much much much less space required. I know.. some are harder to get than others.. but maybe there are "rare" tokens also.. but even having two rare token types for each tier.. you still have 18 stacks vs the hundreds if not thousands of possible tech comps right now.

Anyways.. my thoughts.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Well i mean, I can only have so many stacks of stuff in my Vault. It'd be nice to be able to put them in a room that seperates them from everything else, and it'd also be cool to have a room with like, golem heads and stuff on the walls.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    Obsidian Order Guild

The reason Velea mentioned this is because in the average "large" lair (96*96*x and above up to 120*120*x) a player can build 4-5 Halls of variour tiers and have huge amount of stack...
    The same can be said about the "lair" chamber in combination with various halls.
    Although I personally agree with the suggestion...
    We could definitly use a low bulk/high stack building/chamber for holding tech components.

I probably get stoned for this, but what about a compromise...
    1. Make the vault overburdening the max amount of stack and bulk for Vault upgrade X
    2. Simply dont allow anymore to be added... If overburdening happens give the player 30 minutes ingame time from the moment (s)he gets online to remove the overburdening items. or else it be deleted.

In exchange for the above... Increase stack for certain structures so that they can be used as storage or add a new building/chamber.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    The reason Velea mentioned this is because in the average "large" lair (96*96*x and above up to 120*120*x) a player can build 4-5 Halls of variour tiers and have huge amount of stack...
    The same can be said about the "lair" chamber in combination with various halls.
    Although I personally agree with the suggestion...
    We could definitly use a low bulk/high stack building/chamber for holding tech components.

I probably get stoned for this, but what about a compromise...
    1. Make the vault overburdening the max amount of stack and bulk for Vault upgrade X
    2. Simply dont allow anymore to be added... If overburdening happens give the player 30 minutes ingame time from the moment (s)he gets online to remove the overburdening items. or else it be deleted.

In exchange for the above... Increase stack for certain structures so that they can be used as storage or add a new building/chamber.
    See, the problem with that suggestion is that it would require a lot more development than a new room would, and it would cause an uproar amongst the players (because any change that takes something away does, even if it gives back in some other way).
    ~Lucient Dawn
    Obsidian Order Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    If they could find a way to shrink most of that down to something simple like a bottlecap collection once you have the whole "set" of gear for one discipline.. then it only takes up one inventory slot, but takes all the proper equipment slots and provides the correct bonuses in the worn inventory when used.
    Ooooh, I *LOVE* this idea! Can we get items called tool belts or tool kits that function like socketed items do for crystals, only for loading tools into? Or armor racks?

Well even if its not used to store anything..

How about just a decorative "trophy" room for homes and lairs - with stuff (built in, as in we can't move or add to it) on the walls like weapons, rare gems, heads of monsters...whatever..

Then we don't have to have a room to be "pack rat" just simply a decorative room that adds variety to those who wish to add it...

Don't you know by now that rooms don't HAVE to have a function - we just WANT MORE CHOICES!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Reducing the immense number of stacks one has to keep track of was the reason for my suggestion to consolidate trophies and tech comps. Have them function as both crafting items and as coin and/or xp generators.

The new content on Blight just adds to the problem, with many more trophies and tech comps added to the database. Where do you think all those will end up?

Drev

Sign up as a gnome and name him/her "FingerFood ForDragons" "snack" "TastesLikeChicken"

I think an increase in stack space in existing structures would be beneficial, unfortunately it's a database issue. Structure / Vault has <nn> slots for items, no more, no less. It's an entry on a table in a database for your storage.

In order to increase stack, that number and all database allocations have to be changed to accomidate the new size. I agree with Velea... we are way too much of pack rats
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunoch View Post
    See, the problem with that suggestion is that it would require a lot more development than a new room would, and it would cause an uproar amongst the players (because any change that takes something away does, even if it gives back in some other way).
    Doesn't overfowing your vault far beyond capacity be considered an exploit?
    An exploit which might even be part of the reason we don't recieve new structures, but of this I am not entirely sure.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

That overstuffing valut exploit could be handeled otherwise, your stuff from the consis would not get dropped into the valut, it would get to an "Imperial Savekeeper Vendor". After the stuff drops back, you have 3 days to pick up the stuff for free from the vendor, after 3 days the stuff gets deleted.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    That overstuffing valut exploit could be handeled otherwise, your stuff from the consis would not get dropped into the valut, it would get to an "Imperial Savekeeper Vendor". After the stuff drops back, you have 3 days to pick up the stuff for free from the vendor, after 3 days the stuff gets deleted.
    Sounds like a good idea

Thread Information