Thread: did someone turn the spawn to "gusher" in the ironsilk?

Default did someone turn the spawn to "gusher" in the ironsilk?

I am very frustrated trying to collect just one diskful of unspun ironsilk. I kill mob after mob after mob, and the number of them in the area never abates - particularly the bloodskulks. Whatever happened to them spawning in different fields? Why is the area around the tower inundated with them to the point that I cannot clear a spot even for 5 minutes of harvesting?

I can see having to kill the mobs 2 or 3 times... but to have them respawn a half a dozen times before I can fill my disk makes harvesting ridiculous and extremely frustrating, especially when they kill me and I have to run all the way back out there Crafting is normally a way to work off dp's not accrue them faster than if I were hunting!!

Is there *any* other place to harvest ironsilk besides the swamp?
    - a particularly pissed gnome

Default Re: did someone turn the spawn to "gusher" in the ironsilk?

Is this a change or has it always been?

I have no idea if this will help your situation as my biped is barely on flax ATM, but I remember when I was gathering marble as a particularly squishy low level dragon. I often had to hire guards from market to get the resources I needed without dying constantly.

The increased bloodskulk and other mobs in the swamp I believe occured when they brought in the new bloodskulk mob (please...don't ask the name as I don't recall).

Awdz...a few weeks before my move to Alaska...I stayed on the island with the tower, but on the side closest to the river and mainland. Did pretty good there and if you go up the river-edge (it's steep, but you don't fall in the water), if you go up in the center there, you can get some ironsilk there without aggroing either, but it's touchy and need to keep an eye on the timing of the mobs as they make their rounds.

Doing it this way, I managed about 5 trips and only had to kill 2 spearfishers, 1 bloodmage and one Shaman (took longer than the other 3 combined...grrr, hate Shammies)

Hope that helps
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

The new mobs in that area are Chieftain Bulok and Digda the High Soothsayer I believe. The area spawn was increased because they have so many friends

Sorry awdz, I'm pretty sure that's the only ironsilk spawn. I can't remember getting it anywhere else. I'm impressed that you can survive there at all! My 100GTH with 60 CLR/SPR/RVR does a lot of running away in that area

I know this sounds rough, but it is a T6 area... you may have to "bring a friend" if you need a couple of disks full. I'd happily offer myself, but as noted above if a BloodSkulk evens coughs I run screaming for the hills!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn
    I know this sounds rough, but it is a T6 area... you may have to "bring a friend" if you need a couple of disks full. I'd happily offer myself, but as noted above if a BloodSkulk evens coughs I run screaming for the hills!
    It's a T5 area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I'd come help you Awdz, but I'm on chaos.

i'm managing better today in the swamp than i did yesterday; today when i killed things they did not all respawn nearly immediately right back on top of me :-)

Yeah, that spawn is an absolute nightmare. There isn't any other resource field which comes close to the difficulty of the ironsilk.

And it's not just that the skulks are hard, or that the shamans can stun and debuff you, but it's also that the little buggers *co-operate* with one another. Just when you think you have 1 skulk dead, another skulk comes up from behind and heals him, and THEN starts attacking you too.

No other mob in resource fields has stuns. No other mob in resource fields can remove your buffs (know how annoying it is to lose your potions that way?). No other mob in resource fields support each other with buffs. No other mob in resource fields heals their comrades in the middle of battle.

As far as I know, the proper mob for the ironsilk fields is supposed to be the purple spiders, but they aren't anywhere to be seen, especially after a day or so after maintenance.

I've literally got screenshots of not one, not two, or not even three, but FIVE skulks standing ontop of each other at a single patrol point at once. I've also got screenshots of SIX skulks standing within aggro range of a single point on the map.

At one point I even asked guildies to come help me gather ironsilk while I was levelling tailor. I was so busy keeping them healed that I didn't even have time to harvest while they were there. I really couldn't blame them when the group collapsed and they left in utter frustration.

And the whole thing is made worse by the fact that there is only one ironsilk field in the game. Every other t5 resource that I can think of (marble, mithril, gems, wood, essence) has at least two seperate fields where players can collect resources.

One upside to the whole thing though. Since having all that practise surviving skulk attacks, the ED isn't much of a challenge anymore and the satyr islands feels like a walk in the park.

But yeah, when a t5 resource field is more challenging than the t6 WA spawn, you gotta know something went wrong.

Hmm... that's kind of disappointing. So far my only dabbling in biped has been tailor. Looks like I'll go try something else as I'm supposed to get rid of the character if he dies ^^;

Were it not for the delta 164 patch notes, I might say that you have a valid point.

Now if you're playing on Blight and this is your experience, then please be more specific in where you have seen so many skulks patrolling. But there shouldn't be that many spawning in any one patrol region, so something is going wrong if there is.

Well I don't really have the inclination to go and test it out on blight, but if you say it's been fixed then I'll take your word for it.

Thread Information