Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 163

Default Blight Update 163

Istaria: Dralnok's Doom
    This is the first release of the Content Update known as Istaria: Dralnok's Doom. Significant changes have been made to portions of the world, starting with the Aughundell Battlefield, lands east and northeast of the battlefield, along the coast from Morning Light to the Eastern Deadlands, and around Old Rachival. Players level 90 and up are encouraged to begin experiencing the new content in Aughundell and follow the quests from there. In addition, while flight is certainly an option for Dragons outside of the caverns, we would encourage players to experience things on the ground at least once as the content was created with that in mind. In addition, we would like to encourage those players who have disabled the environment effects to turn them on to experience the new content.

New Quests

• New quests can be found in Aughundell, the Blackhammer Farmstead, Tradok's Stand and Delgarath (over 50 in all!).
    • Khemarius, a Lunus scholar, has moved into some reconstructed Fiendish ruins near Kirasanct and is accepting students interested in learning about his recent discovery: the Drain Bolt.

NPC Changes

• Hilary, the Mason Trainer, has moved in to the crafting area in Mahagra. She's agreed to remain there to sell Journeyman level formulas to Masons.
    • Ella the Tailor now carries selected beginner formulas only
    • Kiva the Tailor now carries selected beginner formulas only
    • Kriegan the Tailor has arrived in Kirasanct. He carries selected journeyman formulas only
    • Huma the Tailor carries selected expert formulas only
    • Gangaf Tagley is a vendor and sells beginner tinkerer formulas at the proper markup.
    • Versanto the Tinkerer carries selected journeyman formulas only.
    • Ayios the Weaver carries journeyman and expert formulas.
    • Bashale the Weaver carries beginner formula
    • Mirabell the Weaponsmith has moved to Dalimond no longer carries any journeyman formulas and no fine weapon formulas
    • Jeysta Maaltas no longer carries any beginner formulas and no fine weapon formulas
    • Derus is now known as Derus Steelhand and now carries a selected few expert formulas
    • Krianti no longer carries journeyman formulas
    • Terywyn no longer carries beginner formulas
    • Nida no longer carries journeyman formulas
    • Malion no longer carries beginner formulas
    • Cassath no longer carries journeyman formulas.
    • Dauga now carries selected expert formulas
    • Talyshae no longer carries beginner, improved and dragon formulas
    • Revaan Nosfer no longer carries beginner, improved and dragon formulas.
    • Hubert is now known as Hubert Hufflebing and no longer carries beginner, improved and dragon formulas.
    • Kesh no longer carries journeyman, improved and dragon formulas.
    • Geleon no longer carries journeyman, improved and dragon formulas
    • Palaikis no longer carries beginner, improved and dragon formulas.
    • Leah no longer carries journeyman, improved and dragon formulas
    • Erelald no longer carries improved and dragon formulas
    • Miranda Harringer the Quartermaster has moved to the Forbidden Zone
    • Militia Surplus Officers Roiran, Gryvan, and Kazzik have moved to the Forbidden Zone
    • Miner Trainers Jasmine, Nels, Fulthas, Gaeta and Raine no longer offer the the out-dated miner tasks through their persistent dialog.
    • Kessat the Gray has moved to a new location in his home so that his tail no longer appears stuck in the wall.

Game Changes

• Dragon Breath attacks are now on a 50% linked timer
    • All epic spells and abilities are now on a 100% shared timer
    • Lasting Embers now applies only to Breath attacks that deal flame damage
    • Shining Crystals are stackable
    • The Drulkar's Wrath trinket effect is now known as Drulkar's Inferno
    • Primal Rebirth will only remove 86400 seconds of death point.
    • Trophy Hunter quest "Go Bag 5 Storm Ogre Manacles" is now known as "Go Bag 5 Bhal'kuk Warrior Manacles"
    • Smelting Tongs can be used with the Tinkering skill
    • Berserk Rage can no longer be manually removed
    • Technique "Spell: Fog" can be applied to mind spells that do not do damage.
    • Azmedai no longer gives out his fedex and gather quests

Fixes

• Skaahr will be harvestable for Dire Wolf Hide
    • Fixed the spawn groups for Icy Dire Wolves to only spawn the proper primitive biotes
    • Both Icy Dire Wolf Alphas and Skaahr will have a level range when they spawn
    • Dusky Bludgeoning Crystal will do crush damage
    • Fixed Sergeant Gaedin's dialog in quest "Warrior's Quest: Prove your fighting skills!" to name the number of times to use Negate Attack properly.
    • Fixed the name of Digda the High Soothsayer (Blood Skulk) to display properly
    • Cleaned up the Energized and Blighted Kwellen loot tables
    • Cleaned up the Enraged, Pustulating, Festering, Hemorraghing, and Rotting Aegror loot tabl
    • Cleaned up Commander Jaleo's persistent dialog so it no longer conflicts with the Militia quest.
    • Blighted I through V effects will have a chance of giving themselves rather than the higher tier version.
    • Invisible storm and ice wisps will now be visible
    • Fixed Primal Mastery 4 quest so that dragons who are eligible should be able to get the quest now.
    • Quest "Sslanis Marshal Quest: The Honored Dead Part 2" now tracks all Sslik Skeleton Ravagers
    • Fixed a typo in quest "Farmer Idamon’s Chicken Troubles II"
    • Quest "Sslanis Marshal Quest: The Confectioner Syndicate Part 1" now calls for Angry Grulets instead of Wild Grulets
    • Fixed Joggler Snimm's dialog so he doesn't have links that go nowhere
    • Fixed the Withered Bane quest so that the directions for how to continue it are clearer.
    • Fixed the missing water in the Aubadrine stream

Server

• Updated feedback messages so they are more clear.
    • Account services are properly updated in game
    • Fix for recoverable errors that would have caused some jerkiness when entering communities
    • Fix for Vista client terrain requests
    • Optimization to terrain sector lookup logic
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 28th, 2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added server updates
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 163

OMG YES. YES YES YES YES.

*Is too excited to reply properly*

WOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

*dances elated dance*
    <warning - energetic gnome in motion, proceed with caution!>

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

thanx to the generous assistance of my beloved blighties, mw can at least try the new stuff!! should be enough to get him the last 2 advent levels to 100!!

thanx, o ye mighty and magnificent gods of great istaria!!
    you guys totally rule all da skewls!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

A few notes about testing this patch:

1) In order to test the content of the dungeon itself, we're going to "force complete" the world building projects once I've verified that they are set up properly. Building of the entrance itself is meant to take a considerable amount of time on the normal servers with everyone cooperating, so to move the testing process forward we'll "magic" the structures into complete status.

2) Players will still need to complete the quest that allows people in to the dungeon itself. And no, I'm not telling what the quest is.

3) Expect to see me online often while this testing is happening, but please understand I may not be available to chat. We have in game tours planned for members of the press that I'll be hosting, and so if I'm running one of them I'll be focused on that.

Please, do everyone a favor as you test things and read this thread BEFORE you post a bug/problem that you find. We know there are going to be bugs, it's the nature of the beast. But only one person needs to report it. I'll do my best to keep the thread up to date with notes from support tickets that people submit on a problem they found too. If it's been reported once, we don't need anyone else to post about it.

oh... oooh... ooooooh....

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    thanx, o ye mighty and magnificent gods of great istaria!!
    you guys totally rule all da skewls!
    I agree!!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It's good to see things move to the next phase.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Istaria: Dralnok's Doom[*]Primal Rebirth will only remove 86400 seconds of death point.
    That's 24 hours for anyone too uninterested in doing the math.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Found a flying tower to build near Augh: Structure:4649907 Position: 25620/25621; is obviously misplaced in the air.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Exciting!!! Have to explore tonight, off to work for me *sob*

Added to Blight Delta 163 wiki page.

Gaileach the Dryad in Aughundell doesn't want to talk at all, even if he has a quest available.

Lieutenant Carmichael in Delgarath offers a quest, but says nothing when clicking the link even though the quest is accepted. No more detail in the quest log.

Also, all the signs in Delgarath are bugged, I think : it's written "signpost : human sign" on every of them.

Also a lot of the new monster models seems to be missing, or at least, not displayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Lieutenant Carmichael in Delgarath offers a quest, but says nothing when clicking the link even though the quest is accepted. No more detail in the quest log.
    If you greet him again, the quest proceeds through.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    If you greet him again, the quest proceeds through.
    oh... thanks xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Also a lot of the new monster models seems to be missing, or at least, not displayed.
    Which monsters? "a lot of the new" doesn't help much I'm afraid.

Did you get a huge download of files when you patched? If you didn't, then that is part of the problem. It should be well over 100 files, maybe even 200.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Not sure if anyone else has reported it , but unable to gather anything other then essence now w/ new patch.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Please keep the extra comments on the thread out. I'm going to be pretty strict at this point about keeping this thread on topic for reporting problems with the patch. That includes removing posts about not being able to log in, or commentary about the changes (feel free to start a thread for commentary, or submit a support ticket for login issues).

Thanks

Not sure if it's the client build, the new patch or my pc....when i try to access the community plot window, i get a CTD
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Yew Chest - no texture and shows up as a mob but if you attack it does 0 damage
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    No texture is a bug. Sounds like you are missing the file. Shows up as a mob is correct and you not being able to do any damage is also correct and not a bug

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    The texture is a problem. The fact that it is target-able(and thus able to be attacked) is not.

Thread Information