Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Launcher Troubles

Default New Launcher Troubles

Personally I am worried about this new Launcher. The idea of it is great and everything but I've had it on my computer for atleast a month or more and haven't been able to get it to work properly once yet. I hadn't filed a ticket (as silly of me as that is I know and I have now) because I had been told that lots of people were having the same problems and that the devs knew there was a problem. Now I've learned that it's been put onto blight. This REALLY concerns me since the next step is Chaos and Order...meaning I won't be able to log in. As annoying and potentially upsetting it is to have a working program forced onto the player base I think it's completely wrong of the devs to be putting into motion a program that doesn't work. (If what I have heard about others having lots of problems is true that is.) I'm posting this in an attempt to get people talking about this, root out rumors if what I have heard are rumors, and maybe...get a solution? That'd be awesome.

Default Re: New Launcher Troubles

I too have run into a similar problem, though mine sometimes works.

Having it work 100% of hte time for any and all would be fantastic.

Hopefully tickets resolve this and the trouble is on our end and easy to fix.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

That is the reason it has not gone to live yet. But as you said if you and others do not submit a ticket they the devs can not know there is a problem and will push it live thinking it is ok.

Yeah, I really hope this doesn't get pushed Live it definitely doesn't work reliably enough for it to be enjoyable.

Will keep trying to get mine working.

Please file tickets to increase known issues data if nothing else.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Well...I've just run into a another problem. I just tried to post my ticket and couldn't, by any means I could think of (typing the website in browser, link from forums, link from login website, search and click on ask.com and link in an e-mail in my inbox), get to the website to even try. It could be me but...every other website I have tried has worked so I believe my internet is in good order.

I'm sorry but I just have to point out that it is not at all helpful for us to be able to fix something if all we're told is "it doesn't work".

Thus far every one we have worked with who has submitted a support ticket HAS been successful, thus we believe that it is working.

My apologies, you are correct. However, I did say that I was unable to reach the support site. So since you have made an appearance here...I get all the way to where you select your patcher options and character. It says that it's beginning to DL then sits there for 15 min before saying that it cannot DL. It does not give me any reason as to way just says it can't.

Do you have net 1.1 installed? I think that is the problem most people have.

Yes I do, I believe I had to have that installed to originally play the game on this computer.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I did not eat him...I merely chewed in self defense.

What is the problem you're having with the support site?

I just saids that the page will not load, that screen that saids "Page can not be Displayed" and gives you a few ways to fix it like refreshing (which I tried)

What URL are you visiting?

To everyone asking for help:

* "It" is a bad word. "it" is ambiguous. Use the noun (preferably proper) that describes the subject or object you're talking about.
    Examples: "Firefox is unable to resolve the host at the URL http://support.istaria.com."
    "Clicking the 'Play Istaria' button on the page at the URL https://play.istaria.com/Artifact/runGame.aspx<login info removed> has no effect."

* Troubleshooting becomes easier as you become more descriptive of the error message or abnormal condition you encounter. Try to avoid terms like "doesn't work" or "won't load". Error messages are useful, as are temporal references such as "no activity for 5 minutes" or "closes immediately". Expected conditions are also helpful.
    "I click on 'Play Istaria' and expect the patcher to start, however, IE crashes instead."
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

When the Istaria Launcher doesn't work it doesn't give me a reason. The launcher just saids "can't Download" and just stays there for as long as it takes for me to close the window. I've left it up for 3 hours before. I also have been visiting the support.istaria.com everytime. I also use Internet Explorer 6 I beileve...it's worked for me in the past,

There is a new one as in the last 2 or 3 weeks I think. I am not sure what it is not but know it has changed again recently. I am sure someone who knows the new one will speak up.

Arokh:

Okay, that helps a little.

Let's forget about the launcher for a bit, because that's secondary right now. What concerns me is the inability to access support.istaria.com.

Try visiting these two URLs:
    https://support.istaria.com
    http://support.istaria.com
    Note the "s" in https.

Tell me if your browser is able to display the pages at each of those URLs and, if not, how long you have to wait before your browser pops up an error.

Also, try using some other browser, like Firefox. I'm not making that suggestion as a fix, however, testing with another browser on the same computer can help narrow down the cause of your inability to access the support site.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Ok...so I left the Internet Explorer to run and after about 9 hours I have the support site...So I am going to submit a ticket and pray that now that the site has loaded that it won't take 9 hours per screen. If you needed to know by the way the first link worked..for some reason i tried the second one first and it kept going straight to can no display page within half a min. I'll continue to try with this ticket thought. As of now I have been waiting for the screen to load for 20 min after clicking "Summit a Ticket."

Quote Originally Posted by Arokh View Post
    Ok...so I left the Internet Explorer to run and after about 9 hours I have the support site...So I am going to submit a ticket and pray that now that the site has loaded that it won't take 9 hours per screen. If you needed to know by the way the first link worked..for some reason i tried the second one first and it kept going straight to can no display page within half a min. I'll continue to try with this ticket thought. As of now I have been waiting for the screen to load for 20 min after clicking "Summit a Ticket."
    Don't you think there's something awry here, perhaps beyond a simple support ticket?

Can you try hitting the support site urls I listed above with a different browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Arokh View Post
    If you needed to know by the way the first link worked..for some reason i tried the second one first and it kept going straight to can no display
    Yes, yes I did. That's what took the 9 hours. Every other website I have tried works fine though, and i've been to the support site before with my current browser.

Please ignore that previous reply...i originally misread your response. I have downloaded firefox 3 and tried those sites again. Both produced the same result which was this page attached. I did try to change my security settings and it gave me that same thing. So...I don't really know what to do next. I still am able to load all other web sites that I have tried besides the support too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. That's a start.
    Since both IE and Firefox have trouble connecting to support.istaria.com, the root of the problem lies somewhere else, not in IE.

Please answer the following:
    * What do you use to connect to your ISP? (cable? dsl? satellite? dial-up? ...)
    * Is the connection above shared with any other computer besides your own? (like a laptop, or other computer in the house)

Thread Information