Thread: Is it worth the subscription?

Default Is it worth the subscription?

I started playing this game a long time ago, but it has hardly ever keeped my interest for very long. Now that I am becoming of age and becoming responsible for my money.

Istaria costs about the same as WoW does a month. Let's face it... this game doesn't offer much.. and WoW offers a whole ton, the only downside is the ******** people. It'd be cooler/better if Istaria had a cheaper subscription, like Pirates of the Caribbean Online does.

I really do miss my dragons though, and my guild. They must hate me for disappearing and returning so much... lol. I know its my choice and my money, and some of you will say its prolly not good to pay for an online game as a younger person with not a good income, but hey.. its grown on me.

Edit: Apparantly you can't say the other word for mentally challenged here.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Default Re: Is it worth the subscription?

Well you can put in a support ticket and ask for a free trail to be added to your old account. they do do that sometimes. Or you could try the new free account that lets you play only as a human to see if you like the game. A big new content patch is currently in test on blight as well.

Istaria does offer a cheaper subscription. The basic subscription is only 9.99 a mo. You dont get a plot with that sub, and can only have 3 (or is it 4?) characters, but its cheaper and if you're not into/ready to build up a plot/lair its a good option.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

personally, i think if you have to ask, then it prolly isn't....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Istaria does offer a cheaper subscription. The basic subscription is only 9.99 a mo. You dont get a plot with that sub, and can only have 3 (or is it 4?) characters, but its cheaper and if you're not into/ready to build up a plot/lair its a good option.
    ]

Yup yup! Really good deal! Especially if you're jggling games and don't have time for a plot/lair anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    personally, i think if you have to ask, then it prolly isn't....
    Just wanted to see what people thought, and advice.

I sent in a ticket asking for a free trial, since my friends are getting trials also, and i'd prolly only play with them.

and I guess they added a new subscription... I had a grandfather back in the day which was the cheapest option.

Thank you guys. lol

Help make Evarus grow!

How do you expect others' opinions affect the answer to the titular question?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    How do you expect others' opinions affect the answer to the titular question?
    I'm a teenager.

But I guess... nevermind about my question... I either didn't ask the right question or I didn't know what I was thinking. Sorry.

Help make Evarus grow!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

aaaaaaahhhhhhh - a teenager!!!! head for the hills!!!!

its kewl luna and we are not dumping on you.....
    this is a question that we can weigh in on, but is ultimately up to you to decide.
    horizons isn't everyone's cup of tea.
    having spent a lot of years as (supposedly) an adult, i can say that if one is having those sorts of questions, it means that one has reached an answer and is merely looking for confirmation of the decision.

in the end, its all about you. does this game give you your money's worth? do you think about what else you could be spending your money on or do you not even think about what horizons costs?

its hard in these times to choose one's pleasures. somethings have to be given up, at least for a little while. every person has to decide what their disposable income should be spent on.

we hope that you will remain with us in horizons, but if you aren't happy or satisfied, you shouldn't pay for something you really don't want.

that's all we are saying, my sweetling!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

You can also start a Demo (free to play) account, you can play unlimited time on it, but you can only play a human caracter.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I figured that it wouldnt be worth to pay for it until Chaos has a Vista client. Blights had a Vista client for almost 2 monthes so... its about time to get a vista client for the public servers... lol

Cya guys when it happens

Help make Evarus grow!

is too bugged to be released on live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    I'm a teenager.
    I fail to see your point, but never mind.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    I fail to see your point, but never mind.
    Because teenagers are susceptible to peer pressure... and why girls don't shop alone... etc. nvm lol

Help make Evarus grow!

i love the game, for me the answer is yes, definitely.
    for you? that depends on all the factors affecting you.
    if you miss it but decide you cannot manage a full time sub, would a month here and there work for you?
    another consideration, with time comes a certain amount of changeover, you will see the folks you know the more you can be in game

I was 13 when I started playing, so age definitely isn't a problem.

Anyways, yeah. The basic subscription would be your way to go. I did that in the beginning when I started playing.. then I gradually changed to gifted.

It is challenging thing to do when you don't have your own income, though.. I if anyone surely knows that. D: I've had to cancel my subby millions of times.

Maybe you should wait for Vista client, indeed. Or at least make a demo account and see how things are right now. See if you really are up to playing it. If you're there just for the dragons, it might end up being a wrong decision. I mean, I've resubbed many times simply because I missed my dragons, then when I finally got there, I realized I didn't really have anything to do in the game rather than just help people and sit around. (or make a new dragon and play with that one, but.. I've just been too darn busy lately to do even that. XD )

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Thread Information