Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonus Resources

Default Bonus Resources

Does anyone actually like the bonus resources (besides the 10+ bonus every now and then)?

I mean, you're digging for sandstone and it throws 5 slate slabs at you. Does anyone actually use those? I just delete them every time. Same with gems and metals, etc.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

Default Re: Bonus Resources

Well bonus ress range from the same tier to the ress (useful) to only 5 units of the next ressource (was useful in the past as t6 nodes where not there yet, but today they are more garbage to most players).

I wish there was a option like "Delete bonus ress of the next tier automatic."

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Yep, I can tell you for certain that there are quite a high number of people who not only use them, but are glad to get them.

Except for confectioner bonuses, I pretty much delete all the bonuses I get that are not the material I am gathering/mining/etc. I would love an option to turn on/off the "other materials" on bonus resources. I bet it would be a programming headache, though, to go through everything for that minor change.

I agree I'd love for there to be an option or something to not get bonuses of other reasources besides the one I'm currently collecting. Cant count how many times I've waddled my overburdened way to a craft shop only to realise I could have made an extra bar or 3, had I noticed that I was carring reasources I cant even craft in yet.

I have been chatting in game with other crafters for 5 years and except for the t6 bonus resources before the t6 nodes appeared I have heard universal and without exception grumbling about the added "grind" of deleting "bonus" higher tier "junk". I sure would like to see posts to this thread from players who do in fact use these bonus resources for anything - and who would miss them if they were removed from the game - it is such a pleasure, for example, to harvest wood logs and not be burdened with "bonus" higher tier resources reducing my gathering yield of desired tier wood.

Similarly it was a significant move forward when resources were removed from the mob loot tables. What a grind relief that step has proven to be.

Knossos

I can think of only one time I have ever seen someone non-t6 gathering for the next teir up bonuses. It was a young hatchling who said they could craft t2 slate stuff, but couldnt gather it for some reason, but otherwise its always been grumbling for anyone below t6.

ohh- I like it-
    it`s something I can delete without pain, when I´m heavily overburdened
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I personally have no use of them, and delete them once one pops up in my inventory window. :I
    I am liking the 'turn off bonus resources option' idea, though. :3
    -Skyliner: Adult Dragon on Chaos 100/100 - Reaverr Whitelaw: Hatchling Dragon On Chaos 21/22- Sezyrn Osskhel: Hatchling Dragon on Chaos 0/0(lool)-

My love wears forbidden colours~

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Yep, I can tell you for certain that there are quite a high number of people who not only use them, but are glad to get them.
    No offense, Veela but who might this be other than a confectioner?

Heck, I'll even delete T6 resources now because it's faster gathering at their node. I really hate gathering T3 and T4 metal resources because you end up getting -two- of something you don't want. :S

i also delete the bonus resources when i get them, if it is not the material i am after i get rid of as soon as i see it pop into my backpack.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

I also delete the extra resource bonuses. I wish there was an option that we could turn them off. If I wanted the next tier up I would go harvest it.

I too delete the pesky bonus resources.

Give me the option to read a book in peace throughout each node instead of having to babysit the most boring, mind-numbing, and tedious harvesting system in the world.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post

Give me the option to read a book in peace throughout each node instead of having to babysit the most boring, mind-numbing, and tedious harvesting system in the world.
    That's what motherlodes are for

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post

this exactly. I really don't like to be continuously overburdened at random halfway through digging because the bonus resource decided to stack somewhere that has no space, then have to delete bonus resource and start dig again. If i were mining some metals or whatnot IRL and i came across a bunch of something different than what i was after, i would set it aside so i could come back to it later. I wouldn't throw it in my cart, stop digging, then go scrambling through the cart to get it back out so i can toss it aside.

If I have to delete it, it's not a bonus.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I have to agree with most others and also delete bonus junk during crafting.
    Higher tiered bonus resources are only usefull when the higher tier are out of your reach for gathering yourself and need them for something, with a possible exception for confectioners. Some hatchlings might need it in order to get their obsidian for RoP and adults might need it in order to get the 3 uncut T6 gems needed for ARoP provided the hatchling can do T3 and the adult can do T5 of course.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Three uncuts?

I'm just past that point in the ARoP.

Try ten.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Three uncuts?

I'm just past that point in the ARoP.

Try ten.
    I meant 3 different kinds of T6 gems.
    It was early in the morning when I wrote that you know...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

So, I'm in the minority here. When crafting, I start with lower tiers so that if I do need the higher tiers, I can get and use the bonuses as they come. It works great that way for construction and lairshaping.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information