Thread: Toshiba Vista Laptop

Thumbs up Toshiba Vista Laptop

If this is against the terms of the forum, I couldn't find it. If it is so, please remove and accept my apologies.

I am selling a Toshiba P200-123 laptop (manufacturers page here). It's more than capable of playing Istaria. Indeed it has seen most of my Istarian adventures since I bought it.

What is it?

- Core2Duo T7300 processor
    - 2gb ram
    - ATI 2600HD 256mb dedicated graphics (HDMI port for sound/video output).
    - Twin 200gb hard drives
    - 17 inch trubright lcd (1440 x 900)
    - Realtek hd sound
    - hddvd reader, dvd writer combo drive.
    - Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

I bought it in December 2007, so it's out of its 12 month warranty but it's been well looked after. Both hd's, according to Speedfan, are healthy (97% health for the os drive and 100% for the second ... makes sense!). I generally installed games on the second drive for better performance. It's a pretty sound gaming laptop and run's Istaria very well. Other games that work well on it include WoW (of course ), LotRo, Fear 2, HL2 and other episodes, Crysis (not great but playable), Oblivion/Fallout 3 (both Awesome and run very well) and Assassins Creed (needed 800x600). It runs slightly warm to the touch, and is quiet under load ... I've always run it on a desk.

Why would I like to sell it here?
    You're a reasonable bunch (to say the least). I also know more than a few of you are in the Uk. I'd rather work with you than the unknown hoards on ebay.

Why am I selling it?
    Barely use it anymore. I'm on a box dell pc now. Used to stay alot in hotels, but that is passed now or certainly infrequent (hurrah!!). If I do get another, it'll probably be a cheap netbook.

Isn't hd-dvd a dead format?
    In terms of films... quite probably. However there are some great releases on hd-dvd and the video format produces great clarity. Bluray seems to die with screen stuff like falling snow (BBC's Planet Earth for example) ... whereas hddvd just deals with it (oh for the hddvd video format on a bluray disk...). Plus Microsoft have some planning to do since they have hd-dvd support on their 360, so it may prove viable as a gaming format. If all else fails, you can get hd-dvd/bluray combo drives now (got one for my dell for £60 off ebay).

Oh Noes Not Vista!! (and how will be be supplied)
    I tire of this argument. Vista has come a long way since launch. The laptop will be fully patched to SP2 and any patches since then. The first hd was supplied split in half, so on request I'll put the Win7 RC on there. I can't put Xp on as I have no free key. The toshiba site has a full suite of Xp drivers available for download. About the only thing I can fault with Vista is the Long time it takes to create restore points.
    ... and because you're doubtless an Istarian adventurer, I'll install and patch a copy of Istaria and supply a dvd with the installation file. Remember you'll be restricted to Blight (unless you know the workaround) until the Vista patch is released to live shards.
    ... of course all original cables, manuals and packaging are included. MS Works 8.5 is in there (not installed), along with a recovery dvd (uses a small 1.5gb partition on the hd too!).

How much?
    The all important question. It's a reasonable system, well looked after and in good working order. I'm looking for offers in the region of £530 (less than half the rrp).

Ok I'm interested?
    Great! Send me a PM where we can sort out the rest... postage, collection, etc. I'm in the county of Surrey, to give an idea of distance. Of course if you see a Rakku ingame, feel free to PM me there too.

See the laptop runnng Istaria on Blight here!

Many thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post.

Rakku

Default Re: Toshiba Vista Laptop

Oh well it's now unleashed onto the minions of Ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120435930426

Rakku

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee hope it does better there, spir!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

awww, but what if someone in the poor backwards nations wants an istaria running vista laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    awww, but what if someone in the poor backwards nations wants an istaria running vista laptop?
    Well it's got 5 days to go and has a couple of bids, so I'll keep all claws crossed there.

As for people in backwards nations .. I thought all of them were on their way to Calais already to come to the Uk!!! Then they can bid.

Rakku

Thread Information