Thread: Patch 167 Text Font Problems

Default Patch 167 Text Font Problems

Everything worked prior to the latest Blight patch of 167. When I logged in after it had been applied, I ran up against two problems:

(1) I no longer show up in the mini-map.
    (2) All in-game text seems to be in a "heiroglyph" font. It looks like either horizontal font elements are missing or the fonts are now using some 'shadowed' effect that effectively erases horizontal lines.

I can't read pop-ups, chat window, tooltips, quest log, etc. I can't see my location in the mini-map.

I have done a complete file scan and cleared World Cache with no effect.

Suggestions?

Default Re: Patch 167 Text Font Problems

did you reboot? not sure what causes my text to go hieroglyphic every once in a while, but rebooting my computer seems to help me then.

No, I have not tried a complete computer reboot. I will, and let you know if that fixes the problem.

I was also told to close all your chat windows and reopen them.

/loadui usually clears up any text font problems I have and when dots or markers don't show up on my mini-map, I've usually clicked an option off by accident, though if that's not the case, I'm not sure how to fix that aside from what has already been mentioned.

OK: I have my mini-map dot back. The /loadui seemed to fix that.

However, with respect to the bad text font:
    (1) Rebooting my computer did not help.
    (2) Restarting Blight did not help (thanks for trying that for me, devs ).
    (3) I can't close the chat windows. The UI has two, but neither has a 'close' button - just a set of controls along the bottom row.
    (4) /loadui did not help (for the text issue).

Note that the problem affects all text - not just chat. The 'tooltip' text is unreadable, for example.

I did notice two things:
    (a) If I increase the font size in the chat window, the problem goes away. At size 13 the problem is there (in chat). At size 14 it is gone (the chat text is clear).
    (b) If I bring up a window or popup (any with text), the text in the center rows of my screen are clear and text towards the top or bottom are unreadable. I can actually move the quest window (as an example) up and down and as the window moves through about the center 0.5 in of my screen the text clears up.

And now for the biggie: The text font problem ONLY happens in windowed mode. If I play in fullscreen mode, the problem goes away entirely. I can switch between the two modes and immediately upon entering windowed mode, I see the text font issue. My fullscreen and window are the same size (1900x1200, which is the natural size of my monitor).

My map coordinates went illegible after the last patch was applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jelach View Post
    (3) I can't close the chat windows. The UI has two, but neither has a 'close' button - just a set of controls along the bottom row.
    Right-click.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information