Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A shard's warmth

Default A shard's warmth

ok i dont know what exactly i did to piss off so many people with one little question but honostly the friendliness of some shards have gone underground. im not expecting carebear stuff here but a little bit more friendliness when someone asks a question for a group of people to please stop with some things that creep another out. I am not going to name names as some will know who they are. im not asking anything hard here but instead of trying to talk a whole bunch of people start ganging up on me for asking one simple question and yes i have the logs to prove it. Honostly i remember when a shard was more togeather instead of turnned into a slug match, granted i've had my fair share of throwdowns and yes maybe i was sometimes harsh but this is no exuse to go at everyone's throats, im not asking to stop all roleplaying or any for that matter since the matter im trying to make a point was of the oocly point of view. yes i admit ive done things many dont like but i've always stopped when someone has asked. yes its not that hard to move out of a channel when somthing is unfavorable but i dont see how hard it is to move out of a channel and into a private message when a subject is unsavory to someone else.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Default Re: A shard's warmth

aha, you have discovered the Order shard have you?

Im sorry to hear this happened to you Saph. I also have to agree with you. Especially when it comes to disturbing subjects during rp,(ie ****, torture, abuse..), if someone asks for it to move off the public channel it should be done so, chances are for ever one person that asks there's at least a half dozen more that feel the same but are too afraid to do so.

While it could be argued that the people that dont like it leave, dragon chat (and MP) are the primary public channels and the one(s) folks go to for information, and general chatting.

ive been aware of order for a long time now as ive been a resident for over 4 years now, and also it wasnt just one it was a group of maybe 5-8 individuals who kept harrassing me to leave

If this is about the issue that I think it is, then I would like to point out that the issue wasn't even about RP but about obviously joking OOC comments that no one else in the channel had any problem with at all and notably did not continue after Saphire asked that they be stopped. As for harassing, there was really only one person, maybe two that I saw who might have been heading that way. I think this may have been taken a little more harshly than it was meant, that's all I'm saying.

I personally am in the frame of mind that says if I'm the only person with a problem, then I'll leave the channel, rather than making a group of others leave a public channel.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

First of all (@Shur^^): The people of order are great people!
    You can have fun and companionship, frienship and help and nice little rp, if you join the "right " channels.
    I`ve never been into any troubles, but I hear a lot of complaints- and saw logs- I did not believe at first sight.
    I heard people talk in dragon channel and disliked it- I gave it some more tries- and still did not like it. So I left dragon channel and never retuned.
    When those folks were talking in MP- I left too.
    There are enough player channels.More than I can join- if there should be time left for playing. This is my way to cope with such. But as said- I never witnessed real evil things personally.

What I do not understand: Are there no guild leaders, elders or neutral players who are willing to restrain such °!"§$% (self censored)?

RP often is misused here- thats sick
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I don't generally visit dragon channel, playing mostly a gnome. However, some of the things mentioned as having been roleplayed in the second-most frequented game chat
    (ie ****, torture, abuse..)
    are disturbing. If it is not suitable for a young teenager to overhear, it should not be in a public chat.

I had no idea that when I refer hatchlings to the dragon channel for help/info, that I am dumping them into something rated worse than PG-13. I do not think it appropriate for a public channel to have that kind of roleplay going on. I'd suggest those who wish to roleplay like that, create a private channel of Dragons R or something.

thank you awdz my thoughts exactly, and siivyra i know this was oocly but that does not matter it was still disturbing to me oocly, and yes i can leave the channel but that does not solve for those who are also in there who are teenagers or anyone else disturbed, only reason they dont speak up is for the very same result that i got,

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sorry i am not being snarky or anything, but i am not clear what is going on.....
    what was going on? you were on the order shard and someone(s) was roleplaying something that should have been more private and when you mentioned it or made a question, the participitants ragged on you about it?

i have never played on the order shard so i really don't know about it, but how does one or two players get control of the whole shard? the elders players should never let that happen!! and i refuse to believe that elders, players who have been here for 3 or more years, would do such a thing.

we don't really rp on blight, but i assure you (and a bit of a warning, perhaps....) - players on blight would never allow any one person or group of persons disrupt our gaming like this. if the entire shard rises up against them, i highly doubt that any one person or small group of peeps can stand against the entire order shard if the shard disputes them.

to the newbies - just because we can't see you face to face does not mean you are anonymous. you have every right to an enjoyable game experience and so do the rest of us. if you are on the rp shard, take your 'unusual' rp to the private channels, please. and just like in real life, respect the peeps who have been here before you - pissing on peeps without cause is not horizons behavior.

horizons is a small game who can't afford to have players - especially those of us who have been loyal from the start - leave the game because of the behavior and attitude of a few.

please forgive me if i am speaking out of turn, but this is the way i feel......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I wasn't in the channel at the time but I think I know who you're talking about.

aha, you have discovered the Order shard have you?
    That was completely uncalled for and immature...

There's good people, and there's bad people. There's also good people who are believed to be bad people out of simple misunderstanding and misinterpretation. I think this is probably the case here.

As for some subjects, such as violence and **** etc, I do agree that the people involved should make their own private channel to not disturb everyone else. It's the polite thing to do. But with OOC jokes as I was informed this was, just take it with a grain of salt. Show some tolerance; it's a really useful thing to have. I don't know how much stuff I've seen around that made me shudder or wince. I understand not everything is everyone's cup of tea.

Just look away from the channel for a while if it's something mild or just a couple people having a joke. If it's something more serious or something that's against the rules, then requesting it stop is good on me: send a report of it to the devs.

And please try not to condemn the entire server just because you had a disagreement over whether or not a particular joke is funny. I mean come on, you dislike something and then you start off people who like to have a scapegoat who'll happily jump on the 'let's slag off this entire game/server/etc for a small disagreement!' wagon. Not giving names though.

So overall

1) If it's a harmless joke meant in good intention, take a grain of salt
    2) If it's inappropriate RP/chatting, request it stop or move or report it
    3) Don't slag off the entire server over a minor disagreement; it's not fair on everyone else. I'm sick of the whole 'the entire Order player base is comprised of sad jerks with the IQ of a brick!!!111111one' thing. >.>;

~Galde

HonEstly, I think you were just imagining things. Nothing of the sort was being discussed, and telling everyone in the channel to stop talking about - what you /think/ was being spoken about - isn't the way to go. They're public, and you have the power to leave if the chat isn't to your liking, I believe that is what everyone else does.

You shouldn't let this bother you so much, it's unnecessary stress. :/

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post
    thank you awdz my thoughts exactly, and siivyra i know this was oocly but that does not matter it was still disturbing to me oocly, and yes i can leave the channel but that does not solve for those who are also in there who are teenagers or anyone else disturbed, only reason they dont speak up is for the very same result that i got,
    You seem to be disregarding the fact that you were the only one who was 'Disturbed'... I HONESTLY don't know anyone in the shard who doesn't have the balls to speak up if they don't like what's going on, myself included.

Besides, throughout the entire scenario, you didn't once mention anyone else, you were quite focused on yourself and how YOU wanted people to stop. In any case, after hearing what the initial joke was, it was definitely not something to freak out about. Chillax.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

my thoughts, for what they are worth (and please know that i have been on both sides of this issue - there have been complaints about my 'jokes' and language on blight):

if one person is offended by language or rp in the chat, but no one else is (peeps on blight feel free to express their displeasure. those who are offended but say nothing are doing a great disservice to THEIR SHARD) - the offended person should state they are uncomfortable with the direction and request another. if everyone else seems to be okay with it, the offended should be the one to leave.

if one person is offended and states this, and other peeps (no matter if it is 1 or 50) then also state they do not care for the direction, the offending peeps should leave and create a private chat.

i believe that the kind of blatant rp i imagine is going on (and forgive me if i am incorrect - i am less easily offended than most and so my level of the kind of offense it would take to get me this incensed may be elevated than the actual offensive level ) in a public chat room is nothing more than a raging scream of 'look at me, mommy!'.........

just because your 'scene' has an onlooking crowd does not mean you have to hold it in public chat. the whole point of roleplay is to ROLE PLAY! you play the role as if there was a crowd!

being delibrately offensive with wit is very difficult - trust me, i am almost always just offensive! ; being delibrately offensive is just rude, immature, and well, offensive. consideration of others, with or without wit, is never in bad taste.

I wasn't online when this happened, so I don't know the details, but I just want to support Galdethriel, as I agree with her post.

Implying that "The Order Shard is a bunch of jerks" is pretty unfair. As someone that's played on all three current servers, I've found that each server has people you will disagree with and some folks can take this too far. The fact that I personally have felt more welcomed and treated with respect on Order does NOT mean that I think that Chaos are jerks... I had good times, respect and welcoming arms there, too. Just as I have on Blight when I popped on there.

Food for thought.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

ok yes i was offended i was explaining why i was so to a degree as i cannot tell how anyone else feels, im sure there are a few out there xepher who didnt like it but were afraid to mention it. i didnt want to name names with in my context but i ment the couple who were being disturbing and i politly asked them to move as it was an ooc comment and hey if you dont belive me i have logs from that night saved.

and also for those who keep pestering me about making this rant well they can kiss my rump because you know what? IM ALLOWED TO POST MY THOUGHTS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post

and also for those who keep pestering me about making this rant well they can kiss my rump because you know what? IM ALLOWED TO POST MY THOUGHTS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

not to bring levity into the discussion but......
    if this ain't a rant, what possibly could be!! anyone complaining should kiss your booty! at least you didn't attack the devs or put it in the hello section......

you shouldn't be harrassed for stating your opinions and experiences here. i, for one, am very interested in this kinds of events - know the enemy and all that.....

Roleplay can be fun but there are usually a few things I don't like seeing, and those are the darker shades. In most cases the way I prefer those to work is if both parties (or all involved) give the green light for it to continue in that direction, but even then there are a few vile things that should never be touched by roleplay.

It is, in my opinion, up to the discretion of those involved to decide amongst themselves what their limit is and what the 'should never go there' limit is, and depending on how close they are to the vile limit, they should consider if others would be offended by it and move it to a private area out of view.

for those who are reading at least take this to heart i am not attacking our fair shard but mearly stating that the friendlieness seems to of gone down in a few ways, no im not meaning lets make everything carebare but please at least think before putting profanity where kids can see it when they play with their parents, be more weary when you post things that others may not like and maybe have a seperate channel for it instead of someone asking for it moved somewhere else its already there and no one has to worry or get upset this is all that is being asked. i dont want to start a war within the shard i really dont. all views are equal yes but some feel as if somethings disturb them so please just take into account of what one posts while roleplaying or just joking around, remember what you say is just roleplaying or joking could dredge memories or maybe make others disturbed and unwelcome. all i wish is for people to take this into consideration.

Okay, I didn't wanna get down to the nitty gritty, but you're completely over-exaggerating this whole thing and giving people the wrong idea.

There was no profanity.
    There was no dark roleplay.
    There were no "dragons eating dragons".
    That is what you were so upset about, right? Someone, /OOCly/, "threw" their own dragon at someone else, and being a ghostly dragon of sorts, went "through" the other. It was a joke, and it was a couple of people having fun. :/

Out of nowhere, you started telling everyone to stop talking about dragons eating other dragons, and people got upset, telling you that you read the sentence the wrong way and you're more than capable of leaving a chat channel for about half an hour. You're not a victim, Saphire. Order is fine.

So please, please just relax and drop the whole thing.

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

ok 1. i have logs you want them fine 2. never said i was the victim 3. i never got upset till people started telling me to get out of the channel.

as for the logs:

((Oh yay : D *eats name censored*))
    (( name censored: *re-arranges intestines and pokes head out belly* C8 ))
    (( *Wonders how name censored feels, name censored still being inside her* o: ))
    and here is me asking nicely to please stop with this talk
    [Dragon: saphire] ((can we not talk about dragons eating other dragons please its a sensitive topic with me...))

this makes me feel queesy hence why i asked for them to stop
    oh and here is me asking nicely for them to take it to private granted it sounded as if i was being a little harsh i admit.
    [Dragon: saphire] ((im not going anywhere but you could always move it to private))

all unedited aside from names other then mine censored for their well being

Thread Information