Thread: Woodworking shops, and a cpl other items

McD-Blight

Default Woodworking shops, and a cpl other items

Not sure if you saw the post on VN or not, but the woodworking bench in woodworking shops is not giving a bonus to carpentry. I have tested it in a beginner and an expert shop, I assume journeyman is the same.

A couple of other issues. Apparently from what one person was saying in chat, although I haven't checked it myself, the anvil in tinkerer shops is giving a bonus to armorcraft. Sounds like the anvil for tinkerer shops and blacksmith shops is the same object.

By standing outside an expert shop and opening an appropriate form, I can get the +75 to a skill and then open a structure construction window and use that +75 bonus while applying resources (as opposed to just getting the bonus while making the objects inside the structure as intended.) This isn't a real big deal as you'd have to have a completed structure almost right on top of the structure you're working on, but it's still a bit of an exploit (although of very limited use due to the close proximity that's required)

-McD

Staff :: Developer

Default Re: Woodworking shops, and a cpl other items

Ok, we've moved Carpentry from the woodsaw to the bench - next update.

Yes, Anvil is the same for both shops... was there a different skill you expected to see on it?

Thanks, keep 'em coming! :)
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

McD-Blight

Default Re: Woodworking shops, and a cpl other items

No, I didn't expect to see any other skilsl on the tinkerer anvil, I was just somewhat surprised that it had all the same skills. I was expecting it to add to metalworking only as that's the only skill tinkerers use anvils for.

But, now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense anyway. A blacksmith shop isn't just for blacksmiths, it's for anyone that can use the machines. So, I guess it makes sense that a tinkerer shop would be for anyone that can use either machine.

Ignore me. [:P]

Thread Information