I was awakened to bring you a combination of good news and bad news.

As I'm sure you have noticed by now, today's maintenance period is lasting longer than normal. I apologize that no one has said anything about the reasons why before now. Anyone who works with computers can understand the feeling of "if I just work for 5 more minutes, I'll have it"... when 5 minutes turns in to 5 hours.

So now for the good news.

The reason for the extended maintenance is because the Vista client released to live today. When you patch to live, you will automatically update to all the new files for the latest game client, plus we've added many of the files for Dralnok's Doom in order to save people from having to do a large patch when that is released too. (But no, this does NOT mean that Dralnok's Doom itself is on Live.)

When you do log in, you will notice that there are a few issues which are still being worked on.

The first is that some character names will appear as player##### (where the numbers vary depending on your character). Our programmers are still working on fixing this. We don't believe at this time that it will cause any problems in game, but are testing to be sure. We would ask that if you do find a problem, do not overwhelm the Customer Support staff with a ticket on the issue. By the time they read your ticket, we'll have most likely already figured out whatever you're about to report and be working on a fix. Give us until a future announcement sometime tomorrow to say "We've fixed everything" before submitting a ticket.

The second is that some players may experience difficulty logging in to Chaos. Our team is monitoring the situation and hopes to have Chaos online and "fully operational" soon. Again, at this time a support ticket is NOT needed if you are having trouble logging in to Chaos, as we are aware of the problem.

Note when you next log in to the game, you will need to have "Full Scan" selected even if you do not normally. The patch process itself has been updated and thus requires a full scan to work correctly.

As always, thank you for your patience while we work on these problems.