Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

Default Re: Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

Obviously I'm no pro at this, but it sounds like your computer is having the same issue my husband's was. Either the processor or video card is overheating.

What other 3D games have you tried playing on the computer since this problem started? And does the same problem occur?

Question Re: Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

I can play eq 2 but really hate the thought of returning to that game even though it is paid for and up to date, I love this game

Lillyjo,
    P S. and i dont think its the hardware its self i upgraded the driver last night but today in admin mode it shut down the launcher saving me another crash. and control alt delete wont do anything either i cannont get to the program manager just turning off the power will get me back the on off button wont even close me down I have to power off.

Thanks for your help but maybe its not friendly with HP hardware thats all i can figure that the change you put in..Hp doesnt like it
    Lillyjo_chaos server

I asked my husband and there's a program you can install that will help know if the computer is overheating.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Next time you try to play EQ2, not necessarily to play just to run it and see what happens with the computer, run this Speedfan program and see what the temperatures are reporting.

Is your NET framework 2.0?
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    Sorry I do not have access to another physical computer Steelclaw, this is why I cannot afford to totally trash mine trying to get back into game. its prolly something simple some small but something fatal to my system that is in this new launcher.

thanks for trying to help..I have dual boot and dual drives and vista side does the same ..so its not the drivers because on vista side the drivers are differnt and i updated drivers last night as a last resort but nothing, something was pushed though live, a tinty fix i am sure in early afternoon that caused my crash and subsucquent ones there after.

Lillyjo_chaos server
    Having a second computer would help a lot, as the same failure to log in to your char on a machine with different hardware and a different install would point to a problem on the server. There's another option that would have the same effect as having a second computer, but that probably violates some policy, so I won't talk about that here. (BTW, should you ever want to change your password, that can be done at https://accounts.istaria.com)

So where is the problem? Server-side or client side? I don't know, but theres no magical program to run on the server that says "find all the bad stuff". So unfortunately, troubleshooting your crash while loading needs to be done from the client-side. Unless we can figure out the cause or figure out how to replicate the crash on another machine that otherwise works fine, you'll be stuck until someone randomly stumbles across a fix.

I ask for your cooperation and ask that you refrain from going off on your own and "trying different things".

My understanding so far is that you have two issues: The first is that the /client/ will start up and freeze your entire system while loading. The second is that the /launcher/ fails to start the client when running the launcher as admin.

Let's skip the second problem and focus on the first, since the launcher appears to work fine when run as a normal user.

So, now, a few questions:

Do you have a single Istaria install that is on a drive used by both Vista and XP, or do you have two separate Istaria installations on separate drives?

You mentioned that your hard disk makes noise. What kind of noise? A pronounced rhythmic click? Pings? Does it spin down and spin right back up? Does it just make normal rattling noises?

Are you still able to log in with a different character?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Ok, this drive is xp pro not vista also that is the other drive ..i can not get in with the vista drive either.. i tried the same thing happened i crashed on that side, i have 2 hard drives one is 500megs and one is 80 megs ..80 megs has xp pro and the 500 meg has vista ultima os.

i can log in with bumper gets a bit further then lillyjo but cant move he also crashes either before port or after, i had this problem in early may with my computer when i went into blight and was sorry i did i had crash after crash for days.

now the program was pushed live and i am in the same boat again, i am having my son come by and remove my gamers card from the system and see if the onboard card will let me in game, that is not ati but nvidia ..i will prolly need to download drivers for xp professional, as on the other side i have vista ultima drivers..

so i have 2 hard drives and 1 computer, and 2 video cards but using ati gamers, which we will remove and disable that and enable the on board, but if i cannot get in then..i know 100% its your new launcher

I have 2 installs of istaria one is on the vista side and one is on the xp drive. i hope that answers your question. the os systems are different and would most likely clash if i was using one install for 2 os systems

Lillyjo_chaos server
    Last edited by Lillyjo; June 27th, 2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: to answer other question

My son came by and removed the ati card and now i have the built in nvidia card, seem like i trashed the ati card for the game, it works fine for all the other things but at least now i seem to enter smoothly and no crashes yet, i hope this is the resolution to the problem i was having, i didnt want to fry my hard drive with all the crashes now i have to get used to this video card and its settings

Thanks all for all your help and suggestions, i do hope this is the final solution.

Lillyjo_chaos server

You didn't describe the sound your hard disks make when the screen goes blank and you get the "no signal" message on your monitor.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

well with the help of dak and chase and everyones suggestion and dak fixing my settings with the onboard, nvidia video card all seems good right now, and the grinding sound like the fan or something clanging together, i guess it was the fan in my ati video card overheating, upon entering the game for some strange reason. or drive because i did have to fix the errors each time i crashed 2 or 3 times. but all seem well and functioning smoothly now . thanks so much.

Lillyjo_chaos server Oh i must be sure to thanks Chasing also for logging in and fixing my stuff also. in case i didnt mention him

Thread Information