Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

Default Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

I have crashed this afternoon, and tried to get into game 5 times since then, the screens load then my computer hard freezes, and screen goes black, all i can do is power off, it was fine this am, but something happened in the afternoon.

Lillyjo_chaos

Default Re: Crashed while carrying a load of logs cannot return into game

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    I have crashed this afternoon, and tried to get into game 5 times since then, the screens load then my computer hard freezes, and screen goes black, all i can do is power off, it was fine this am, but something happened in the afternoon.

Lillyjo_chaos
    Clear your world cache. And if that doens't work, submit a support ticket please.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

When last I tried neither the launcher option for clear world cache nor for enable debug log worked, if this is generally true an alternative means of clearing world cache would be in order.

Knossos

Did you get any driver or windows updates between morning and afternoon?

Client crashes usually leave the system responsive enough to hit ctrl-alt-del and bring up the task manager.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    When last I tried neither the launcher option for clear world cache nor for enable debug log worked, if this is generally true an alternative means of clearing world cache would be in order.

Knossos
    Simple.

1. Open Explorer
    2. Go to your Istaria folder
    3. Go into the world_cache folder
    4. Delete everything but the sector_default.def
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've been helping lillyjo and a remoted onto her computer to see what happened.

Ran chkdsk which fixed some problems (probably from the crashes).

Eventually we worked out its just the one character thats affected; Lillyjo so we managed to get her into game on her dragon (Bumper). Note I deleted the lillyjo character pref file in case it was that that was causing the crashes as well as world cache.

After asking in the chat channels it turns out that one other person has the exact same problem with one of their characters (Ingeir - she has logged a support ticket about it). The only way she could get back into game was to use the recall to bindpoint option from the old login website every time she relogged the character.

Lillyjo tried this but she was still unable to get back in game on the Lillyjo character.

I've asked her to make a support ticket as I can't think of anything else client side that could be causing just one character to be affected.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

What I'm not seeing anywhere is confirmation that she's cleared her world cache.

Chasing, while you were remote connected to her computer, had you cleared the world cache? Because quite honestly, that's what it sounds like is the problem.

Though if that was done and it hasn't worked, you are correct that the best course of action for her now is to submit a support ticket.

With the help of ranqthas (steelclaw), lillyjo's problems seem to be resolved now.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Could you please let us know what the problem was? Or what solved it?

hail steelclaw- again
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Well I'm still not sure Amarie.

Ive sent Steelclaw a reply to his PM he sent me.

Steelclaw said that one of the server team was able to login to lillyjo's account with no problems.

Steelclaw advised that instead of renaming the lillyjo_chaos to OLDlilljo_chaos might not have been enough and to completely move it out of the horizons folder path. (which lillyjo did)

So to me its either some corruption on the server being cleared by a server team login, or the removal of the prefs folder from the horizons folder path (but the latter doesnt make sense as if it was renamed it shouldnt be picked up by the client)

So I am waiting for steelclaw to come back to me with his opinion.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I LOVE you guys! It's like a big family

-Tyme AKA HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

well i seem to have a problem i cant launch the game it says a file is missing but it doesnt say which one a great help lol
    any ideas ?

Be sure you aren't using old shortcuts which reference the old "HorizonsLauncher.exe" or "Horizons.exe". The new names are "Launcher.exe" and "Istaria.exe"

well i still cannot return, i even tried on the vista drive with vista it update and started loading pack but as soon as i would be entering game, or shortly there after, my screen goes black and says no signal and the computer still running drive makes noise, really messing up my drive, ..this is simular to the problem i had last month early may if you can look back at my tickets, and Yes Amarie the world cache is the first thing i emptied ..been playing this game for 5 years almost now, so i know how to empty that.

No sense me trying until you figure out whats wrong with your side of the game that it doesnt like the HP computers.

Lillyjo_chaos server

chase, that old lillyjo was offensive lol..after all i am almost 71..or will be in august
    Lillyjo_chaos server

Do you by chance have a completely different computer you can try logging in from?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    well i still cannot return, i even tried on the vista drive with vista it update and started loading pack but as soon as i would be entering game, or shortly there after, my screen goes black and says no signal and the computer still running drive makes noise, really messing up my drive, ..this is simular to the problem i had last month early may if you can look back at my tickets, and Yes Amarie the world cache is the first thing i emptied ..been playing this game for 5 years almost now, so i know how to empty that.

No sense me trying until you figure out whats wrong with your side of the game that it doesnt like the HP computers.

Lillyjo_chaos server
    This is starting to sound like your pc has a hardware problem. The no signal means the video card has stopped working/pc has went to sleep/pc has hard locked. If its an ati video card the GPU's can lock and recover but the process will likely crash any running game.

Next time you see the no signal, try pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and wait a second to see if the display comes back. If it does and you can get to task manager, you can end task on istaria.exe at least. This working means its most likely the video card or the video drivers.

I dont think so, sence the problem is only with istaria and nothing else, this am i tried to run the game with admin giving permissions and the computer doesnt like the launcher. It closed it right there,doesnt give me any details on why or what but close it at least i didnt freeze up my drives today. till the launcher gets rid of the bug my computer doesnt like i guess i will have to play solitaire
    Lillyjo_chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Do you by chance have a completely different computer you can try logging in from?
    Sorry I do not have access to another physical computer Steelclaw, this is why I cannot afford to totally trash mine trying to get back into game. its prolly something simple some small but something fatal to my system that is in this new launcher.

thanks for trying to help..I have dual boot and dual drives and vista side does the same ..so its not the drivers because on vista side the drivers are differnt and i updated drivers last night as a last resort but nothing, something was pushed though live, a tinty fix i am sure in early afternoon that caused my crash and subsucquent ones there after.

Lillyjo_chaos server

Thread Information