Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Default Re: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Lol Sliverblaze- me too, learned it in this thread.

Seems I`m too blonde for such things
    Then whats my excuse? ><

I'm not even blonde.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Then whats my excuse? ><

I'm not even blonde.
    Bad dye job? ;p

Since the cheat itself is the use of the auto recall when going over the edge of the world, why isn't that changed/fixed instead? Think that would be the better way and truly get rid of the cheat itself. Have the auto recall send you somewhere, maybe a deserted island you cant leave but by recall with your disk inside your inventory.
    Did the re-attuning yesterday, took a long while to find the right spot to use the gate. A friend could not find where the gate was, so I went to help and do it for myself. Thought we recalled inside the cave not outside. 1st was on path, "You are too far to use..." moved closer and fell in, (gap between gate and path is too wide, that needs a fix) flew back up and landed inside the gate... "You are too far..." What!!?? Flew up landed on top of gate ... "You are too far...." er...???? GRRRRrr..... Finally, found the spot UNDER the gate that let me use it. Now we cant use the rune to go back to start of the Riff without going through all those extra steps.
    IMHO changing the auto recall destination would be a lot better and target those that used it to cheat and not punish everyone that uses the Rune of Teleportation for the Riff run only.
    And after all of this controversy, that cheat is still there and will still be used, I'm sure.

besides that I miss the magic of the rune, which always ment something special to me..

Its more than ANNOYING that you even can`t port easily into the rift.

Trying to start Runos`rift run it took us precious time
    to find exactly the right point from where we were able to use the teleporter (which was easier und blight).
    Thy to the most patient dragon I ever met, Maekrux, we finally did it.
    Well, all long term players-
    but flapping or crawling around like noobs

Pls notice that such is a dishonorable and sad start
    for such an important event
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree and support with everything said by LOVWYRM.

The very idea that someone still bothers to cheat in Istaria is just... LOL. It's like attending a race for childrens bringing a full compliment of doping substances, oversized professional tools and a bazooka, just in case.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Since the cheat itself is the use of the auto recall when going over the edge of the world, why isn't that changed/fixed instead? Think that would be the better way and truly get rid of the cheat itself. Have the auto recall send you somewhere, maybe a deserted island you cant leave but by recall with your disk inside your inventory.
    Did the re-attuning yesterday, took a long while to find the right spot to use the gate. A friend could not find where the gate was, so I went to help and do it for myself. Thought we recalled inside the cave not outside. 1st was on path, "You are too far to use..." moved closer and fell in, (gap between gate and path is too wide, that needs a fix) flew back up and landed inside the gate... "You are too far..." What!!?? Flew up landed on top of gate ... "You are too far...." er...???? GRRRRrr..... Finally, found the spot UNDER the gate that let me use it. Now we cant use the rune to go back to start of the Riff without going through all those extra steps.
    IMHO changing the auto recall destination would be a lot better and target those that used it to cheat and not punish everyone that uses the Rune of Teleportation for the Riff run only.
    And after all of this controversy, that cheat is still there and will still be used, I'm sure.
    Again, this exploit can easily be stopped by preventing the rune from working while a cargo disc is attached. Then it can't be used as an exploit. Then the rune can convenietly place people right where they need to be.

It should be an easy fix to make, it means that the devs can still be kind to people who accidentally fall off the edge of the world, and the rune of teleportation can still put people nicely in the rift wherever they need to be for the ARoP. (Guessing about the last part, I don't have a dragon who's ever been to the rift...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I agree and support with everything said by LOVWYRM.

The very idea that someone still bothers to cheat in Istaria is just... LOL. It's like attending a race for childrens bringing a full compliment of doping substances, oversized professional tools and a bazooka, just in case.
    If it's so laughable, why do you feel the need to advertise the fact that your hoard was accumulated via "untainted" means?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    If it's so laughable, why do you feel the need to advertise the fact that your hoard was accumulated via "untainted" means?
    I guess he meant he's never hoarded blighted stuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I guess he meant he's never hoarded blighted stuff ?
    I don't think so. Fireworks (which he refers to) aren't blighted. But on the other hand, they were known as a means for a dragon to quickly increase their hoard totals.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Again, this exploit can easily be stopped by preventing the rune from working while a cargo disc is attached. Then it can't be used as an exploit. Then the rune can convenietly place people right where they need to be.

It should be an easy fix to make, it means that the devs can still be kind to people who accidentally fall off the edge of the world, and the rune of teleportation can still put people nicely in the rift wherever they need to be for the ARoP. (Guessing about the last part, I don't have a dragon who's ever been to the rift...)
    The exploit has nothing to do with the Rune itself, the Rune is (was) only a mean to get you closer to the edge of the world. One can still fly/walk to the edge of the world and recall home with their disk attached. Using the auto recall from "falling" off the edge of the world is the exploit not using the Rune. From what I understand and can see from the changes.

The exploit has nothing to do with the Rune itself, the Rune is (was) only a mean to get you closer to the edge of the world. One can still fly/walk to the edge of the world and recall home with their disk attached. Using the auto recall from "falling" off the edge of the world is the exploit not using the Rune. From what I understand and can see from the changes.
    No.

What the rune does is make it possible for you to get teleported to a place near the edge of the world, with a cargo disc in tow, from any point on the map. Basically this means that no matter where you are, you can get from *any* resource field to your bind point in a matter of moments. And this is what makes the rune precisely so egregious. Change the way the rune behaves, and you change the usefulness of the exploit. No one's going to spend ages flying to the end of the world when legitimate portals are closer to the player than the world's edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    What the rune does is make it possible for you to get teleported to a place near the edge of the world, with a cargo disc in tow, from any point on the map. Basically this means that no matter where you are, you can get from *any* resource field to your bind point in a matter of moments. And this is what makes the rune precisely so egregious. Change the way the rune behaves, and you change the usefulness of the exploit. No one's going to spend ages flying to the end of the world when legitimate portals are closer to the player than the world's edge.
    I guess another question is, is it still an exploit if you use the rune to materialize @ outside the Council of Elders and drag it to Dralk to the portal there. If you're hauling say emeralds on Ice island and your options are to fly to Falathein, versus running with road bonus from the Council to the Dralk portal, it's still considerably shorter, but if it's now an "ancient/arop priviledge" then please let the rest of us ancients know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I guess another question is, is it still an exploit if you use the rune to materialize @ outside the Council of Elders and drag it to Dralk to the portal there. If you're hauling say emeralds on Ice island and your options are to fly to Falathein, versus running with road bonus from the Council to the Dralk portal, it's still considerably shorter, but if it's now an "ancient/arop priviledge" then please let the rest of us ancients know.

Intereting question. The Rune is labeled as a "rune of teleportation" much like a gate is a means of teleportation (not recalling). We can all teleport with the right kind of disks... The Gates teleport us through the gate system to specific locations - the Rune used to teleport us to the Rift. For the longest time - I used to use the rune and then went back and forth to empty my disk until I could carry it... until one day I followed some folks from a guild that shall remain namele$$ - or had another name at the time... that went through "the gap" and saw what hapened... ok that part is definitely an exploit as was explained by Laughing Otter - I don't do that(anymore)... but now - the other part = using the Rune to go to the ledge of the council chamber and then go to nearby Dralk - is that also an exploit? If so Why?
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Fully agree Image - and while I used what is now "labeled a cheat" I only did it as I saw others doing it and did not know or think it was "a cheat" until Laughing Otter identified it as such! Also don't forget how time consuming it will be for all concerned if/when a group member falls off the path and has to "rune back" and go through all the finding the right spot exercises (of course we never fall off anymore...)
    Concoidal Fractus

Quote Originally Posted by Creme
    I'm sorry that the extra 100m you have to run now to get your disk to the rift has left you bitter to the point that you would falsely accuse others of using the same methods you feel are a priviledge due Ancients.
    I guess the message didn't sink in the first time. Sour grapes are a sad thing indeed.

Originally Posted by Creme
    I'm sorry that the extra 100m you have to run now to get your disk to the rift has left you bitter to the point that you would falsely accuse others of using the same methods you feel are a priviledge due Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I guess the message didn't sink in the first time. Sour grapes are a sad thing indeed.
    By the way - no statement made was false.. I certaily did not "discover" or "invent" the actions involved and the priviledge describe in a prior post was not a "due" but rather something that I thought had been earned by Dragons going through AroP. However, the message from Laughing Otter was clear and concise and I am following it - I have not taken my loaded disk to the rift or jumped off the edge of the world since then!

No sour grapes at all. The only things I have to complain about in this game are excessive "lag" at inopportune times, some fermenting cabbage and a stale fish. But that is a different story.

I have asked a simple question - the same you asked! Paraphrasing = "what about using the rune to port to the ledge outside the council chamber - and then flying/running whatever - to Dralk?" I'd really like to know.
    Concoidal Fractus

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal
    The only things I have to complain about in this game are excessive "lag" at inopportune times, some fermenting cabbage and a stale fish.
    I have asked a simple question - the same you asked! Paraphrasing = "what about using the rune to port to the ledge outside the council chamber - and then flying/running whatever - to Dralk?" I'd really like to know.
    And one of the few complaints I have are excessive lag and players that have knowingly continued on in an exploit after being advised it was an exploit well over a year ago, that harass players because they don't want their exploit taken away and also falsely accuse other players of exploiting to try and cover up their own deeds.

I really have to wonder at human nature sometimes.

p.s. I too would like a declaration as to whether or not using the rune of teleportation with your cargo disk to arrive at the council of chambers is an exploit.

this seems ridiculously simple to me... cargo disks (that are capable of porting) were only meant to go through portals. since the rune isn't a portal, it's an exploit no matter where it takes you. they need to fix the rune.. whatever they're doing now if it isn't this is a band-aid.

i must be old.. i remember when exploits were discovered with fair frequency and everyone understood what was and wasn't intended and either chose to exploit and keep quiet about it or submit tickets to the devs about it 'til it got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin View Post
    this seems ridiculously simple to me... cargo disks (that are capable of porting) were only meant to go through portals. since the rune isn't a portal, it's an exploit no matter where it takes you. they need to fix the rune.. whatever they're doing now if it isn't this is a band-aid.

i must be old.. i remember when exploits were discovered with fair frequency and everyone understood what was and wasn't intended and either chose to exploit and keep quiet about it or submit tickets to the devs about it 'til it got fixed.
    While the rune is not a gate - it does claim to be a rune of teleportation and acts as a gate - now that seems to have changed because it takes you "close to a gate" I'm just asking for clarification. Unfortunately it is neither ridiculous nor simple.
    Concoidal Fractus

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal View Post
    While the rune is not a gate - it does claim to be a rune of teleportation and acts as a gate - now that seems to have changed because it takes you "close to a gate" I'm just asking for clarification. Unfortunately it is neither ridiculous nor simple.
    The rune does not act like a gate. The gates are in fixed locations that you have to travel to in order to use, and have an option of destinations. The rune can be used anywhere, but only takes you to one place. Because of how the rift exiting works, it's like a multistep recall, and no disk enables recall.

Ok, I read all of this and I will make some comments:

1: the Rune of Teleportation brings you to a section of Istaria far above the dragon's flight ceiling. This prevents flying there, or being able to fly in the rift except for gliding. It is given to adult dragons ready to do their trials and is retained for ancient dragons to assist the adults in their battles.

2: Due to developer programming, the rift already exists "past" the ocean default recall boundry so once you leave the rift, you will be forced to recall due to the fact you are outside the recall boundry already.

3: Yes, at present you are allowed to use a Rune with a fully loaded disk of your choice. The mechanism for the rune is far different than recall / gate systems. It simply moves your body to another point in the world without checks and balances, it just "does it"

4: Yes, I have used this exploit, but like others, felt that there has to be a better way, so now I just put myself on auto fly, point east, go have a cup of coffee, and in about 3 minutes I have flown off the edge of the universe to end up at my recall point.

All of you are right and wrong about what "IS" the exploit.

The "exploit" is being able to use the rune with an attached disk, as there are other ways of falling off the universe besides the rift.

I am pretty sure that the developers don't have the "means" necessary to "change" the programming on how the "rune" works in the way of teleportation. There probably are no checks to see if a disk is attached and give you the message "Something is preventing you from Teleporting" message.

The Devs only did what they had the programming ability to do... have the rune bring you to a different place in Istaria, to where you can "like the hermit" get attuned to a gateway to the rift. Perhaps the programming engine won't allow checks and balances when using a pack item to teleport.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information