View Poll Results: What should be done about all the ridiculous plots?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smush smaller ones together

20 44.44%
  • Remove empty cities all together

1 2.22%
  • Keep it like it is, newbs need a place to live too!

7 15.56%
  • Quit whining and find a plot draxe!

20 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plots

Default Plots

Sooo I'm looking for a plot for myself, so what I'm doing is running around making note of the best plots in each settlement. What I'm thinking is that once I decide which one is for me, that I should make my list public, just so people can get an idea of whats available. Obviously I wouldn't be updating it regularly because that takes too much running. but still.

Also, I'm only looking for a 60x60 near a port. I have yet to see anything available larger than 60x60 anyways.

ALSO... Can we PLEASE scream at the designers and tell them that they DESPERATELY need to fix the several cities that are flooded with 40x40 plots and are NOT flooded with ANY people. two examples

Istaria's Loom and Mambow, go ahead, go check those out, who in their right mind would buy a plot there?

Default Re: Plots

There was a big plot resizing project just a few months ago. The smallest plots used to be even smaller.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

60x40 seems to be what most of the open plots are. Maybe 60x55 out in the boonies somewhere, but I honestly don't think you'll find a 60x60 anymore, let alone one near a pad or portal. They're some of the biggest plots in the games and those that wanted on them bid on them during plot auctions.

Draxe - the plots USED to be 22x22 in a lot of places. One of the main reasons why those areas aren't populated is that we don't have that many players yet.. I suspect, anyway. Used to be most of the towns on Genevia for instance were empty, but now they are a lot more full
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

They have also said that resizng plots will remain an on going thing but it will be a while till they do another resize run as it does take a lot of Dev time and the plot's have to be free on all three shards.

Well contrary to popular beliefs, there were plenty of 60x60 near pads.
    I managed to find myself the last surviving 75x75. It's in Forest Guard.

now 60x60 is the largest non-guild plot available.

here are the best places to find a 60x60:

Morning Light, has Port out Shrine, and Expert shops by other players in the area. 2g 986s

Slate hills, directly next to the pad, and feet from the port that goes to brist and others. it's the most expensive of the 60x60s though.3g 61s
    *Not including the 5g player sold plot in Dikaina, but it comes with a human vault pre-built.

Just 60x60 near port:

Darvus
    Elmnic
    Scorpion's Claw
    Solitaire
    Fairweather
    *Cedar's Cove has a short run but is inexpensive at 1g 469s

Other Sizes close to pad:
    70x50 Bridgehold - 1g 396s (100sqft smaller than 60x60)
    70x45 Crescent - 1g 680s (near sand and well)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Ummm, Draxe? You entirely missed some of the largest plots in the game, which go up as high as 100x100 and are not guild plots. Mine is an 80x60 in Acul.

On top of that, you're also missing one of the most heavily-sought 105 x 40 plots in the game as well as one of it's 50x110 neighbors. I'm not about to tell which it is, because I know several people would scoop it up in a heartbeat if they knew it was open. But I will say it's east of Dalimond a ways.

Seems you also missed the 80x50 in Genevia Proper.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

and of course, depends on what shard you are on - blights gots lots of plots all sizes in all areas......

and the cheese palace is like 110x110 and right next to the incoming pad at middle cliffside - sheps mountain has lots of ports with lots of plots near them........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I think I have a 70 x 70 or 75 x 75 unused plot somewhere, with some T1 production facilities on it, not too far from landing pad etc. Might part off it with a decent offer.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Ummm, Draxe? You entirely missed some of the largest plots in the game, which go up as high as 100x100 and are not guild plots. Mine is an 80x60 in Acul.
    Sure, there are larger plots. But how many of those are actually for sale? And how many are in a location that is easily traveled to and from (by someone without level 100 adventuring schools)? How many of those are at least somewhat affordable (2g and below)?

I visited more than 50 settlements before last patch and I can count all plots larger than 50x50 and for sale on my fingers. I re-visited about a dozen of those settlements since the last patch and while the number of available plots in general went way up, most of those are 50x50 or smaller.

Some small plots (between 35x35 and 50x50) surely make sense for newer players, BUT they only make sense in settlements that also have large plots.
    Larger plots are where workshops most likely will be built and while some people out there just look for a place to call home, I guess most are looking for a place to do their crafting as well. Using 40x40s or even smaller will take a combined effort of 4 or more people (got to allow some space for storage as well) to get all machines to a settlement - which would be perfectly fine with a strong population of new players, but is very unlikely to happen now.

The situation certainly is much better now than a week ago, but it's still far from perfect and can look very discouraging to new players. Personally I didnt mind traveling to all those settlements, neither did I mind "bootstrapping" the settlement I now live in. But I can fully understand anyone who doesn't want to go through all that.
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Personally, I rather see plots go back to how they were at retail.

Question Re: Plots

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Personally, I rather see plots go back to how they were at retail.
    Not so much detail here. In the end anyone who has not been here forever can understand what exactly you would like the "plot structure" to be like. Or someone could figure out why you think that this will make Istaria a better game (and help keep subscription numbers at least at current rate or even increase them).
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Having them listed as R, C, I, RC, RI, or CI? Then being able to buy permits to bump up the zoning? It would make for tougher planning, that's for sure. I'm not certain the whole of Istaria would like to have to do that.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well, it's obviously too late for that now and, what's the whole of Istaria, 17 people?

I voted "Quit whining and find a plot";
    but many of the smaller plots could be strung together to make a larger plot. Example would be along the south and southeast coasts of lesser aradoth. I think there is one area where there are 3 or 4 very small plots all in a row near the road. The view is great, the plots are what 20x25 or something? imho all 4 could be joined into 1 single long skinny plot, say 20 or 25x120 or whatever. Even if it means the plot isnt a perfect square or rectangle ( dev's think OUTSIDE the box :P ) It could be 3 or 4 rectangles joined that arent even in alignment completely. A plot like this I think could be desireable, plus it would get rid of plots no one will ever buy.

*lol* at retail there were no plots..so...*chuckles*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

They did a huge resizing project but because of the recent patch release and stuff, virtrium will not be able to look at more resizing any time soon. At least you will be able to find an affordable plot. Mabey next to one of them fancy portals.

I voted the stop whinning, I found a really good area the other day had a 76x76, 71x71, and still available a 60x60 and 70x50 all near sand and a well and across from every shop in the game all Journey shops on a 105xXXX Plot, 2 60x60 available just down the road to! Pad isn't to far Tele to Ember and run to the plot. Jump down the hill to Gerard to use the tp if you need to tp to Settlements or bristigo. (Golden and Lightview)

Also Slate Crest 60v40 618s, or 56x47 898s, or 52 x 46 769, they are all right off a pad
    Cresent had a few okay ones 70x45, 70x 40 starting at 1g 216s and the other was 1g 680s. I am sure there are still bigger ones around i seen one in Brandons shelf just before maintence was a 60x70!

To many to try and stay up with

Actually....I just came back to the game when I recieved the Vista client email and of course the first thing I did was look for a plot....luckily I had left myself with about 7g when i began the deep sleep long ago.

Within about 15 minutes of checking the Shepard's Isle communities I found the perfect one....I didnt look further because this one was awesome.....75x75 i think...not exactly sure on size but something like that.....sandpile and well 10 yards from the corner of my plot...pretty sure i could fill a silo without moving from the well....port in about 50 yards down the road....easily within sight of the plot...port out about 20 yards on the other side of my plot (free to Bristugo if i recall)....and just happens to be a Very full plot on the other side of the portal with vault...and shops......most of what I need to build my own

So basically either I was really really lucky....given my normal luck I doubt it ....or there are still some really nice spots out there since i found one so quick

Thread Information