Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Launcher Woes

Default Launcher Woes

Even though the maint is now finished, i cant seem to get the launcher to work properly. It gets so far, and then locks up and will not donload any more files. Restarting does not help, nor does uninstall/reinstalling the game. Any ideas?
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Default Re: Launcher Woes

Have you tried updating through the web site?

My launcher gets done downloading files and such, and then it just stops at "updating old file list", every time. Doesn't exactly lock up, it just never gets past that point.

This is on a completely fresh install on Vista-32 bit.

I dechecked the multithreaded launcher option on the patcher, and it got past that point. Weird. That shouldn't happen, especially since that is the default option.

I had that too, being stuck at the updating old file list. After an hour or 2 it was my bedtime so I closed the windows and saw to my surprise a list of files I had to say ok to to delete.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

No joy here. Using the website and changing the launcher prefs doesnt do a thing. It seems to get to a point (never the same one twice) of downloading files, and then freezes. Very frustrating.
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

My launcher gets all the way through and says that is has been started succesfully but the game never launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre View Post
    My launcher gets all the way through and says that is has been started succesfully but the game never launches.
    I ran into that EXACT same problem last night on my second computer (I have 4 subs, so plenty of logins available). I tried checking and unchecking all of the various patcher options. I checked for logs, and all I'm getting is a patcher log that says it started, then finished. No other logs are being generated, so it sounds like the game is not even trying to launch.

It HAD been a while since I had tried to log in with the second comp, so the first try pulled almost 1300 files down, and deleted a BUNCH. Didn't really look at the list, since I was expecting it. The machine is running XP and has never had any problems before.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I ran into that EXACT same problem last night on my second computer (I have 4 subs, so plenty of logins available). I tried checking and unchecking all of the various patcher options. I checked for logs, and all I'm getting is a patcher log that says it started, then finished. No other logs are being generated, so it sounds like the game is not even trying to launch.

It HAD been a while since I had tried to log in with the second comp, so the first try pulled almost 1300 files down, and deleted a BUNCH. Didn't really look at the list, since I was expecting it. The machine is running XP and has never had any problems before.
    Same here.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Well, an update i got from a csr. He asked me if the desktop icon for the game has a little white shield in the bottom right corner which means it is being run as an administrator. My desktop icon only has the arrow in the bottom left hand corner. Anyone else with an icon like that?

Well, an update i got from a csr. He asked me if the desktop icon for the game has a little white shield in the bottom right corner which means it is being run as an administrator. My desktop icon only has the arrow in the bottom left hand corner. Anyone else with an icon like that?
    To my knowledge, XP doesn't bother with anything like that. Have never seen anything like that on an XP system before.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I have that on vista an still dont now what it means. Perhaps justto launch normally? If possible run as admin, it might fix it, tho i dont know if ya can do that on xp.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

The arrow normal means it is a shortcut. That is how windows shows a shortcut.

i seem to be dropping a couple of times a day anymore, i use XP, don't know if it's the same issue. this is new, i did not used to drop like this, but i'm not sure if it's since the dd patch or when exactly.

Well my case has been forwarded. Im pretty sure I am using the latest version of the launcher. Seems like im stuck until they figure it out.

Just to be sure whats the latest version of the launcher? Mine says version 1.8.3.
    Last edited by Ebonfyre; July 12th, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Just to be sure whats the latest version of the launcher? Mine says version 1.8.3.
    That's what mine says, and I just downloaded it a few days ago.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but perhaps it is better than starting the same anew...

I am having this problem, too, now. The launcher patches, runs, says the game has been started successfully, then...poof...it is gone and no game in its place. Nothing.

I have uninstalled the patcher and reinstalled the latest (1.9.0.0 at this time), and am running xp.

I am trying to load my character on Blight, which is not in maintenance at the moment. Getting rather frustrated, in the process. Did any of you here find a solution?

prob here again too:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I was able to log in normally using the launcher version 1.9.0.0 with XP, both to Blight earlier and to Order now. There was a notice on the launcher for the Blight stuff that the world cache needs to be cleared, but I have no idea how to set that outside of game since play.istaria.com does not work. Wish I could be more help, good luck!!

Thread Information