Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Launcher Woes

Default Re: Launcher Woes

that dl didnt work work for me, geez i hope they are working on this

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

is anyone else still not able to log in, and why havent we heard from the devs on this issue?, if many cant log in i would think there would more of a buzz over it.

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

I still can't, either, Gothos. Have check, unchecked, downloaded, etc.

That's it for me. I've been playing another game the last few weeks also, anyway. Never thought I'd give up on Istaria, but I intend to take a break for awhile.

Whenever I can finally get in, I'll deconstruct my lair, then cancel my account. Looking back on my previous tickets, I have had this, or similar problems off and on for a long time. It gets fixed (after I ticket and whine), then a new problem crops up.

Between technical issues and (recent and some months ago) insinuations that blighters are doing something wrong/getting something for nothing/taking advantage of exploits, etc., I think I'll just find my fun elsewhere. I just don't find this frustration or the insults very entertaining, tell the truth.

My only regret is that I will miss my fellow blighters, whom I have come to love.

Unhappy Re: Launcher Woes

Hi, Aine, it's Nia, the little gnome from Blight.

Please, please don't go! It is too much to have lost so many to have you go, too! We have lost so many - Sabo, Tal, Xonna, Akkuma and others - please don't add your name to the list.

Besides, as CotT Guild has the reputation for throwing the best on-line, snowball-throwin', fireworks lightin', dragon racin', food consumin' parties - to which the whole Blight shard is *always* welcome - you wouldn't want to miss out, now would you?

Please stay - Nia

Just tried logging in *again* and it is patching *again* - the third time in less than twelve hours. I just love this game but it gives me the sh*ts.

Nia

I have actually managed to log in! Whoopee!

Now let us all get all grateful and crawly that we can actually play the game that we are paying to play! Oh, thank you, thank you, devs!

Nia

I found out, that the patcher stops at the beginnig of the download of istaria.exe.auc, but after ~5mins when I stop and exit the patcher, it states all files and all KB have been loaded.
    (5mins just to be sure that a good amount of KBs are loaded...)
    Maybe it is something wrong with the patcher display function, so that it isnt updated? And as the files arent fully loaded it permits the game to start.

However I still have to the bypass-patcher-function, as the game wont start normally.

Does someone have the same experience?

(Hope this might be a hint for the patcher problem)

for Flame and me it works if we log in via
    https://play.istaria.com/

files get downloaded and we can even play.

Next time we logg in we can use launcher again.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

the .Net update
    this is what i Say Lov/Xz in German channel 2weeks ago to fix where Update probs
    u can also Uninstall the Hole .net2.0 and download a fresh install this is what Flusi do and he Had fix that patcher probs with that

i Hope that will help all

I'm still having problems, and it doesn't help that I'm as computaaaar literate as a zombie slug. Can anyone give me some idiot-worhty explainations for the biologically, rather than technologically, orientated person? o.O Everyone in Istaria understands computerese.

Quote Originally Posted by Creoste View Post
    I'm still having problems, and it doesn't help that I'm as computaaaar literate as a zombie slug. Can anyone give me some idiot-worhty explainations for the biologically, rather than technologically, orientated person? o.O Everyone in Istaria understands computerese.
    Esentially, the short of it is that you should have .net 3.5 installed in your computer...

I see your eyes glaze over - let me try again.

The easiest way to take care of this is to run Windows Update... On Windows XP, you can do this by clicking 'start', then 'applications', and looking for a little globe-ish icon that says something like "windows update'.

This will bring up a web page... From here things get a bit odd depending on where your computer is in it's updates. This is because Microsoft changes the underlying code for this thing every few days it seems, and this in turn adds all manner of activex warnings, browser plugins, licensing dialogs, and other things to confuse their customer.

What you want to get to though is a page that has two buttons in the middle of the screen; 'express' and 'custom' - you will want to select the 'custom' button.

From here you may have to ok things; this is a Microsoft web site so just about anything that pops up should be okay to accept.

Eventually you will get a list of updates for your computer and on the left hand side of the page will be a few catagories; high priority, software other, and hardware other.

Everything in 'high priority' will be selected for you. Click the 'software other' link and look for anything with ".net 3.5" in the name. Once you've found it, click the box next to the item to check it and then click the "install updates" link at the top of the left hand column.

If your computer is way behind on updates, you might get a dialog for 'service pack 3' - it's up to you, but if you see this, you should probably accept it.

More popups may pop up, go ahead and accept them.

Eventually your computer will begin downloading things to update and secure your OS, and then it will begin installing them. The .net 3.5 installation takes a long time, so don't worry if it looks like your computer isn't doing anything - just wait a bit longer than you figure you should have to and it'll finish.

You'll probably also get Internet Explorer 8 as it's a high priority update for some reason no one can fathom... You can tell it to not install if you're not wanting it.

You will probably have to reboot your computer after all of this.

Once this is done, your computer will have all of the fixes Microsoft has made for your OS.

It's usually best pracatice to run through these steps a few times to make sure that you get the updates for your updates... It's a Microsoft thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    Everything in 'high priority' will be selected for you. Click the 'software other' link and look for anything with ".net 3.5" in the name. Once you've found it, click the box next to the item to check it and then click the "install updates" link at the top of the left hand column.
    I'm at work now, where I have just about every possible hardware and OS combination to play with.

I was able to load up unpatched XP and see where the .net 3.5 update lives in the Windows update site, and it is a 'high priority' download.

So, you can just install the default 'high priority' items, there's no real need to rummage around in the 'software other' category.

I can only play since 2 months via bypassing the patching process, (and thus was not able to patch the new content)deinstalled my net 2 today and installed 3.5 the Sp1 update and the three files of the news post, but still won't work to patch. The patcher hungs up when he tries to download istaria.exe.auc, wierd is that I don't even have such a file in my game folder....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It's a shame the launcher is dependent on anything really. Could it be standalone?

I have two pc's presently using .net 3.5 SP1 and both run the current launcher fine (albeit sometimes slow to load... 5 seconds or so). In the past there have been another 3 pc's, using the then current .net versions, with the launcher ... one of those with the current version. No problems either.

If you're having problems, it might be worth removing any runtime libraries from MS (.net and C++ runtime) and then installing just the current .net 3.5 SP1 (using Windows Update or the MS site)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Remember to reboot after uninstalling your old runtimes, and again after reinstalling 3.5 to ensure system files are updated correctly.

Hope this helps.

Rakku

I managed to fix it for me after I went to the login site, disabled the net launcher, and used the old AE patcher, I could not start the game with it, but could patch. And then after that the launcher started without mocking around, well lets see what happens until the next patch. If I have to go though this procedure then again, it is really annoying ;/

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ouch... well at least you got it sorted.

Is there a new setup file on the way that 'just works' without faffing? Might be a priority over the Spread The Word program to be honest.

When I last downloaded the setup file, I still had to faff with 3 different patching sessions before the game would run. After the first patch the launcher said "Horizons has been started successfully", except it had not. I had to run the launcher again to then make the game run. I presume this was because a key exe name had changed.

Rakku

Thread Information